• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State at Montana!

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
This game should tell us a few things about our chances in conference. I look for the Griz to outperform. Hopefully we have a nice home crowd!

Griz shooting ain't so hot (What a surprise!), especially on treys. Luckily, the weebs are in even worse shape (less than 1 in 4 on both twos and threes).

mtgrizrule said:
This offense is stinking.
Yeah. Luckily, Weber isn't doing so great either. But this game wouldn't be close if the Griz could hold onto the ball ... just noticed they have 10 turnovers, 3 by Parker. Griz damn lucky to be down only by 1 at the half.

OK. Only caught the last 8 minutes….what a WEIRD 8 minutes! Not a SINGLE foul called. EITHER way. And they missed some absolute doozies. Griz give up 3 offensive fouls in a 3 minute span and STILL manage to hold on for the win. That pass and shoot at the buzzer is Sports Ilustrated cover-worthy. Unreal.

That finish was bananas! Yet another classic battle between the Griz and Wildcats! Still not sure how Lonell made that shot!

PeauxRouge said:
That finish was bananas! Yet another classic battle between the Griz and Wildcats! Still not sure how Lonell made that shot!

That was a “holy shit” moment. Both the pass and the shot….

AZGrizFan said:
OK. Only caught the last 8 minutes….what a WEIRD 8 minutes! Not a SINGLE foul called. EITHER way. And they missed some absolute doozies. Griz give up 3 offensive fouls in a 3 minute span and STILL manage to hold on for the win. That pass and shoot at the buzzer is Sports Illustrated cover-worthy. Unreal.
In the end, after a wretched start, the Griz shot really, really well (over 50% on treys and twos). But the final rebound, ball movement for an open look, and then the assist for the winning shot ... doesn't get much better than that. Quibble: Too many turnovers, otherwise a great win.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
OK. Only caught the last 8 minutes….what a WEIRD 8 minutes! Not a SINGLE foul called. EITHER way. And they missed some absolute doozies. Griz give up 3 offensive fouls in a 3 minute span and STILL manage to hold on for the win. That pass and shoot at the buzzer is Sports Illustrated cover-worthy. Unreal.
In the end, after a wretched start, the Griz shot really, really well (over 50% on treys and twos). But the final rebound, ball movement for an open look, and then the assist for the winning shot ... doesn't get much better than that. Quibble: Too many turnovers, otherwise a great win.

I was more astounded by the ZERO fouls called than actually winning the game, honestly. I think i saw the Griz miss two shots total in that time.

AZGrizFan said:
PeauxRouge said:

That was a “holy shit” moment. Both the pass and the shot….

Absolutely! Unbelievable athleticism!

Great win. Finally, the GRIZ close out a close game and a big game. This game could be a catalyst for a run for the championship of the big sky.

GO GRIZ :clap:

I was at the game and -- despite some of the nay-saying in this thread -- thoroughly enjoyed it from about the 17-minute mark of the first half through the stunner of a last shot by Lonnell Martin via a perfect assist from Cam Parker. Electric and tension-filled throughout with neither team taking more than a 4-point lead from about the 15-minute mark to the final bucket. Tough in-your-face defense by both teams and a very efficient Montana offense for most of the game. I've seen a lot of Montana-Weber State games since about 1969 or so, and this win is in my top 5 for drama and a stunning conclusion.

Post-game quote by coach DeCuire: "Toward the end of the game I looked down at coach Rahe and saw his shiny forehead and I'm sure he looked down at me and saw the sweat running down my forehead. That's the kind of game it was."
Great win by this team. Go Griz.
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1477486700012003330

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:

I was more astounded by the ZERO fouls called than actually winning the game, honestly. I think i saw the Griz miss two shots total in that time.

They let them play for the most part, good flow after a slow start when there was a lid on the hoop. Double digit run by both squads in half 1, half two tight the whole way. Great game to be at, a typical intense Weebs/Griz contest. Disappointing crowd, said 3400 but more like 2600. Weebs has more talent than we do, all their wings and backcourt can finish at the rim, but Coach D seems to have Rahe's number so the crowd lsft happy.

Back