• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WBB: Potential Lady Griz transfer

OregonStateFan

Have heard there is a possibility that Keeli Burton-Oliver may transfer into the Lady Griz program.

She’s a 6-3 post player who was initially a member of the class of 2020, but after not being medically cleared to play at Arizona State she transferred to Washington State where she never played either. She was recruited by Oregon State in high school, so she and Brian are likely familiar with one another. She also played high school with Haley Huard before the Huard family relocated to Colorado.

Burton-Oliver details her medical issues here: https://www.instagram.com/keeliburtonoliver/p/CWHBr5oFggw/?utm_medium=copy_link

She hasn’t played in two years, she’s much slimmer now than she was a few years ago, and her health issues appear to be lingering, but she’s the type of talent worth taking a chance on (top-100/150 caliber out of high school). She now follows much of the Lady Griz team on social media.

Here are some of her highlights from her senior year of high school: https://youtu.be/b-MRRFhxnC0

She’s a solid post player. As a sports med physician, I’ve seen a fair share of cardiac issues in athletes. I think with all of the extra testing she had and consults, she would be at lower risk. Not NO risk, but with continued monitoring could be worth the risk so she can fulfill her dream of college hoops. Tough call for sure.

Her highlight film is awesome. Agile, smart, good defense, good dribbling skill, and good touch with her shooting. A lot of up-side, and I hope her medical condition doesn't keep her out.

Coach said yesterday at Hoops/Roundball Club meetings that a transfer is on campus. She cannot practice with the team until the off-season, but expect to see her on the bench in street clothes soon. Keeli may be that person.

maroonandsilver said:
Coach said yesterday at Hoops/Roundball Club meetings that a transfer is on campus. She cannot practice with the team until the off-season, but expect to see her on the bench in street clothes soon. Keeli may be that person.
He also said that Sophie contracted Covid during Christmas break and was tested right when she returned and before contact with other players. She played at Weber but had not practiced since before Christmas break and was obviously fatigued in that game. Keller sprained her ankle in one of the first practices after returning from break.

OregonStateFan said:
Have heard there is a possibility that Keeli Burton-Oliver may transfer into the Lady Griz program.

She’s a 6-3 post player who was initially a member of the class of 2020, but after not being medically cleared to play at Arizona State she transferred to Washington State where she never played either. She was recruited by Oregon State in high school, so she and Brian are likely familiar with one another. She also played high school with Haley Huard before the Huard family relocated to Colorado.

Burton-Oliver details her medical issues here: https://www.instagram.com/keeliburtonoliver/p/CWHBr5oFggw/?utm_medium=copy_link

She hasn’t played in two years, she’s much slimmer now than she was a few years ago, and her health issues appear to be lingering, but she’s the type of talent worth taking a chance on (top-100/150 caliber out of high school). She now follows much of the Lady Griz team on social media.

Here are some of her highlights from her senior year of high school: https://youtu.be/b-MRRFhxnC0

Outstanding news! Thanks for posting this.

Griz1 said:
Is the transfer on the bench tonight? Just curious!

They didn't show too many closeups, but there were a couple girls there on the bench. I couldn't tell for sure, but I don't think any one of them was her. Definitely could be wrong.

GrizBaba said:
Griz1 said:
Is the transfer on the bench tonight? Just curious!

They didn't show too many closeups, but there were a couple girls there on the bench. I couldn't tell for sure, but I don't think any one of them was her. Definitely could be wrong.
[/quot

I was at the game, No.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe when school starts is when we will a good idea of who it is. If you can’t practice with the team I guess it doesn’t make sense to be here early.

It looked like she was on the bench tonight. Sitting beside Kiefer and Albrecht (who was also in street clothes).

Watching the on-demand game, it does look like her, as @doublenicks mentioned. Before the game started, she appeared to have joined the team "let's go" huddle. I really hope she isn't taking too big of a risk with her health. I know it doesn't sound like it; doctors and universities don't want to get sued, which muddies up the water too much to see clearly.

After Gfeller's 3-pt shot to end the 1st half, you get a pretty good view of her as they're going back to the bench.

GrizBaba said:
Watching the on-demand game, it does look like her, as @doublenicks mentioned. Before the game started, she appeared to have joined the team "let's go" huddle. I really hope she isn't taking too big of a risk with her health. I know it doesn't sound like it; doctors and universities don't want to get sued, which muddies up the water too much to see clearly.

After Gfeller's 3-pt shot to end the 1st half, you get a pretty good view of her as they're going back to the bench.

She was part of the team lineup during the national anthem, and she joined all of the timeout huddle circles at the edge of the circle. She definitely looks part of the program. Willa Albrecht, by the way, did not look good; very constricted by a large brace, and limping.

I haven’t seen the transfer Keeli Burton-Oliver at the Weber game or at the Idaho State game am I missing something?

Thanks DoubleNicks. I really didn't really see her at all during the games and didn't know what was going on. Guess I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Solow1981 said:
Does anyone know more about her in 2023?
sonic exe

Don't know. Without gogriz.com, which is off line and has been for quite some time now, it's almost impossible to say much about anything about anything or anybody. Sure f**ks up everything about prospective recruits and everything else pertinent. I mean, just whose side is the UofM Bookstore on anyways?
No other college and/or university has their athletic website offline for prospective recruits, as far as I know. So why the muck up?

A bunch of drunken high school kids can do better.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Solow1981 said:
Does anyone know more about her in 2023?
sonic exe

Don't know. Without gogriz.com, which is off line and has been for quite some time now, it's almost impossible to say much about anything about anything or anybody. Sure f**ks up everything about prospective recruits and everything else pertinent. I mean, just whose side is the UofM Bookstore on anyways?
No other college and/or university has their athletic website offline for prospective recruits, as far as I know. So why the muck up?

A bunch of drunken high school kids can do better.
Am I....missing a joke? Still listed on the roster so I imagine Keeli will be back.
https://gogriz.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/keeli-burton-oliver/6936

Back