• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beat ewoo GDT

EverettGriz

DONOR
GRIZ 3 point favorites on the road. O/U 142.5

Don’t expect the GRIZ to give the ball up often tonight. GRIZ are 18th best in the nation on turnover per possession ratio; eastern’s defense is ranked 258th in forcing opponents turnovers.

Go GRIZ.

Interesting stats Everett! Thanks for sharing! I know we had our woes against Eastern last year (even in football), but I think we're playing our best basketball of the season and I think we get back on track against ewoo tonight! Go Griz!

EverettGriz said:

Don’t expect the GRIZ to give the ball up often tonight. GRIZ are 18th best in the nation on turnover per possession ratio; eastern’s defense is ranked 258th in forcing opponents turnovers.

Go GRIZ.

Other predictions have the Griz losing. Torvik (-1.5), KenPom (-2) and Haslametrics (-6). But I guess when in doubt go with with Vegas.

GrizBall said:
EverettGriz said:

Go GRIZ.

Other predictions have the Griz losing. Torvik (-1.5), KenPom (-2) and Haslametrics (-6). But I guess when in doubt go with with Vegas.

Yeah, ESPN's predictor says ewoo wins 56%, so the line is interesting. I did note it moved to 2.5 just recently.

EverettGriz said:
GrizBall said:
Yeah, ESPN's predictor says ewoo wins 56%, so the line is interesting. I did note it moved to 2.5 just recently.
I'm surprised that any line would favor UM on a road game. The Griz are 9-0 at home, 1-5 on the road. We should be happy so many predictors rate this game as almost a toss-up ... which I tend to agree with.

Yes, we all think the Griz are playing better now, but the proof is in the playing.

EverettGriz said:
GrizBall said:

Remember. The line isn’t who they think will win, it’s where they think they can get 50/50 betting on either side of the line. has nothing to do with who wins/loses.

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Remember. The line isn’t who they think will win, it’s where they think they can get 50/50 betting on either side of the line. has nothing to do with who wins/loses.

Completely understood. But for what it's worth, the GRIZ are the money line favorite as well (-140/+120), so Vegas is predicting the GRIZ to win.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Completely understood. But for what it's worth, the GRIZ are the money line favorite as well (-140/+120), so Vegas is predicting the GRIZ to win.

Obviously entirely possible…both the win and their prediction. :lol:

Here comes the dry spell and EWU ties it at 19. Eagles getting to the rim last few possesions.

Oh look the Griz quit throwing up threes and start getting in the lane and take a 6 pt lead.

Jesus what a strange half of basketball.

9-0 run by Griz
19-9 run by EWU
11-1 run by Griz
11-0 run by EWU

I swear the GRIZ had half a dozen balls in the final 4 minutes that were half way down before rattling out.

Entertaining cost half except for the foul calls (ewooo shot 15 FTs). #bsc.

Griz gotta stop shooting it from outside and pound the paint. They’re having way more success down low. We’re cold from outside and that’s why we kept going on dry spells. Keep going inside.

Back