• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Heerrrrreeee kitty, kitty, kitty

So what’s our game plan for the cats tomorrow? I’m worried about defending Belo because of how quickly Mack gets into foul trouble. Tomorrows the type of game where you’re really gonna miss Blakney. I believe he still had the cast on his hand on Thursday, so I don’t think he’s gonna be good to go tomorrow. I think Bannan will do an ok job defending him, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Belo overwhelm him tomorrow. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/voiceofthegriz/status/1480237117473058818?s=21
Riley posted some pictures of the team practicing this morning, and Blakney is out there. Looks like he might try and give it a go. That would be big for tonight.

Griz til I die said:
So what’s our game plan for the cats tomorrow? I’m worried about defending Belo because of how quickly Mack gets into foul trouble. Tomorrows the type of game where you’re really gonna miss Blakney. I believe he still had the cast on his hand on Thursday, so I don’t think he’s gonna be good to go tomorrow. I think Bannan will do an ok job defending him, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Belo overwhelm him tomorrow. Thoughts?

Jordan rules, focus on limiting his teammates and mix things up with him. On offense, I'd focus on drawing him out to defend any combination of Owens, Bannan, and or DCH. All those guys are 3 level scorers, make him uncomfortable playing defense.

Also add more to the high post sets. I really like high post sets in this matchup. Spread the floor to free up penetrating with 1 or 2 players cutting behind the penetrator or cutting from different perimeter areas.

Make him account for his defensive responsibilities away from the basket. Maybe even let Andeson try a few mid range jumpers out to 15 to 18 feet. Mack is a solid ft shooting big. Usually that translates to a solid mid range game. Not sure, why we haven't seen Anderson develop that into his game. Then again, a mid range shot isn't often utilized in today's game. DCH does it well though.

This match up will surely challenge DeCuire strategically. These are just a few things I thought of.

Griz have done a pretty good job of working the ball around to find the open man. Also pretty effective on defense. Cats' Bigs aren't really hurting them inside. Griz lead 16-14 with about 12 mins to go in first half...

Game is farrrrr more enjoyable if you pause the tv for about 15 seconds to link the vid with Riley.

EverettGriz said:
Game is farrrrr more enjoyable if you pause the tv for about 15 seconds to link the vid with Riley.

I don't know Ev, I am enjoying their color man whining about how the Griz are getting EVERY call...

Adamu hurting the Griz, but Belo not so much. He hasn't yet scored with about 6 minutes to go. Gamed tied at 25-25

Belo has blocked a couple of Griz shots, making the middle hostile territory.

So, to continue with the “Refs” theme, for me it’s not the fouls they call, it’s more a comparison of the fouls they call with the ones they mysteriously DON’T call. Like DCH getting freaking MUGGED on the called jump ball; and then Vasquez getting knocked out of bounds with a body check and it’s called ‘Scat ball with no foul called. Then they call some ticky tack bullshit foul on Beasley when the MSU guy lost the ball literally on his own.

It’s like the refs are freaking blind.

Belo plays pretty loose with his elbows and gets favorable fouls. UM needs to keep emotion out of it and put it in the game.

cclarkblues said:
EverettGriz said:

I don't know Ev, I am enjoying their color man whining about how the Griz are getting EVERY call...

I can’t hear either of the announcers. All I hear is the band and the crowd. He sounds like he’s speaking Greek to me.

I know this: There’s no WAY I could be a coach. I’d be fucking apoplectic 90% of the time based off the bullshit refs call (or don’t call).

looks like the Griz have decided to slow the game down. And, that is what MSU wants and now have 5 pt lead.

Back