• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz #2 Best FT Shooting Team in DI Hoops

KILO217

The Griz went into the EWU game tonight less than a quarter of a percent away from being the best free throw shooting team in NCAA Division 1. They were #2 before the game and hit a bunch in tonight's 90-78 win over the Eagles. Impressive stat - Go Griz!!

I love that the Griz can shoot free throws. It is becoming something of a lost art. They just might win a close game or three with that ability.

NCAA College Men's Basketball DI current team Stats | NCAA.com
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/150

Griz were 202-of-249 (81.12%) going into EWU game and I think they were 24-of-30 in the game, so that improves their team total to 226-of-279 which should move them into #1

'68griz said:
I love that the Griz can shoot free throws. It is becoming something of a lost art. They just might win a close game or three with that ability.

Don't think you need the "might" as a qualifier. Will definitely win them games. Recalling some tough losses over the years reminds one of this when slim leads evaporated with misses at the line.

Back