• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ PSU

mtgrizrule

Should be interesting. PSUs pressure and garbage can offense (rely on offensive rebounding) verses solid defense and low turnovers Griz.

10 7 psu 6 minutes in. Griz are struggling against this style. We need to backdoor them. We aren't though.

I can't stand PSUs style of offense.

mtgrizrule said:
Our offense isn't spreading it out too good. They're almost smothering one another. It looks ugly.

You are right. This game looks like a CYO pick up in NYC only with poor shooting.

What an UGLY 1st half for each team. Can't blame officials either. GRIZ need to draw up some screens and cuts.

I just hate the style of basketball the Griz play. It's like watching the grass grow. No wonder attendance is down for UM home games. It has got to hurt recruiting too. No high school kid wants to play that style of BB.

mtgrizrule said:
What an UGLY 1st half for each team. Can't blame officials either. GRIZ need to draw up some screens and cuts.
Considering their totally crappy shooting (30.8% on twos, 25% on treys), the Griz are lucky to be down only a bucket at the half. The luck is that they've made 7 of 10 from the foul line. Vikes are over 50% on twos, but have 9 turnovers, and they've only had 2 foul tries (made one).

this is the worst year I can remember for the Big Sky Conf. Really poor basket ball. As for UM, it's always "next year"...

You know, GrizLA, I gotta say that I have a hard time getting excited about the Grizzly basketball team this year. Their style of play puts me to sleep. Basketball should be entertaining. Hard to say that the product put on the court this year is entertaining.

How does Parker consistently find Beasley and Bannan for pretty open perimeter shots, yet Vazquez isn't looked for, when he's playing?

mtgrizrule said:
How does Parker consistently find Beasley and Bannan for pretty open perimeter shots, yet Vazquez isn't looked for, when he's playing?

He missed two in first half passed up a couple others made a bad TO and got burned a couple times. Not the same guy as first two years.

LaJollaGriz said:
You know, GrizLA, I gotta say that I have a hard time getting excited about the Grizzly basketball team this year. Their style of play puts me to sleep. Basketball should be entertaining. Hard to say that the product put on the court this year is entertaining.
The most I can say about the Griz style is it can be interesting. But, as for entertaining, even the players look like they are not excited. PSU at least shows a little (very little) excitement. This game's outcome is very much in doubt, and hopefully, gets beyond mere interesting. Maybe it is Covid...but lots of indecisive ball handling by UM guards.

Ugh. After watching how well the Lady Griz pass and move on offense without the ball, watching the men play is ROUGH. About as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Yikes. 7:50 left in the second half and PSU is already in the 1 and 1. With as much as the Griz foul - the rest of this game is going to take forrrrrreeeevvvvvveeeerrrrr.

Mousegriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

He missed two in first half passed up a couple others made a bad TO and got burned a couple times. Not the same guy as first two years.

You're right. Nonetheless, got to get him open shots. Amazing, how he and Owens haven't developed.

Back