• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Basketball 2022-23 Schedule Tracker

Griz til I die

DONOR
As of August 18, 2022 here's the official schedule:

November 8 @ Duquesne
November 11 @ Xavier
November 14 vs. Providence (NAIA)
November 17 vs. St. Thomas (Merrimack vs. Troy)
November 18 vs. Merrimack (St.Thomas vs. Troy)
November 19 vs. Troy (St. Thomas vs. Merrimack)
November 22 vs. MSU Northern (NAIA)
November 27 @ Air Force
November 29 @ Southern Mississippi
December 6 vs. South Dakota State
December 10 @ North Dakota State
December 17 vs. Prairie View A&M (Neutral site in Houston)
December 20 @ Gonzaga
December 29 vs. Eastern Washington
December 31 vs. Idaho
January 5 @ Northern Arizona
January 7 @ Northern Coloado
January 12 vs. Weber State
January 14 vs. Idaho State
January 16 @ Eastern Washington
January 21 vs. Montana State
January 26 @ Sacramento State
January 28 @ Portland State
February 2 vs. Northern Colorado
February 4 vs. Northern Arizona
February 9 @ Idaho State
February 11 @ Weber State
February 18 @ Montana State
February 23 vs. Portland State
February 25 vs. Sacramento State
February 27 @ Idaho

Go Griz!

Watching the Summit League championship game, we're going to get destroyed by either of these teams unless something dramatic changes in our mix/lineup/strategy.

AZGrizFan said:
Watching the Summit League championship game, we're going to get destroyed by either of these teams unless something dramatic changes in our mix/lineup/strategy.
I watched that too. I also heard the commentators say that SDSU only has 1 senior. They’re going to be damn good for a long time. Despite how good of a home team we are, it’ll take a monumental effort to take them down at home next season. If you’re looking for a 5-12 upset to fill out on your bracket, I suggest taking these guys. They are legit.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:
I watched that too. I also heard the commentators say that SDSU only has 1 senior. They’re going to be damn good for a long time. Despite how good of a home team we are, it’ll take a monumental effort to take them down at home next season. If you’re looking for a 5-12 upset to fill out on your bracket, I suggest taking these guys. They are legit.

I heard that comment too and had the same reaction. People use our "youth" as an excuse....

Well we might be able to beat NDSU now. They’ve lost 3 starters to the portal and I believe are up to 6 total players who have entered the portal, plus whatever they graduated.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well I see 4 seniors/grad students on So Dak St https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_South_Dakota_State_Jackrabbits_men%27s_basketball_team but perhaps, like Mack Anderson,some still have eligibility left. Schierman, their stud, was a junior, and he is incredible. As good as SDSU is/was, they only beat Omaha by 8,9 and and 19 and Omaha was the worst D1 team I've seen in a long time (they had 4 D1 wins this year, and the Griz beat Omaha by 21.

The D1 Docket will be released on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see if they know of anything that we don’t. Rocco Miller has also stated on Twitter that he will wait until after the national championship to start reporting on schedules as well. Odds are he won’t have anything on the Griz until long after any potential opponents are released by the D1 Docket on Tuesday.

Griz til I die said:
The D1 Docket will be released on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see if they know of anything that we don’t. Rocco Miller has also stated on Twitter that he will wait until after the national championship to start reporting on schedules as well. Odds are he won’t have anything on the Griz until long after any potential opponents are released by the D1 Docket on Tuesday.

I can't remember ever getting any kind of Griz b-ball schedule until late August?/September? I don't know what you are talking about anything being announced any time soon.

Guys that's the whole point of this thread is to track all the news surrounding next seasons schedule before the athletic department announces it in August. There's plenty of sources out there that uncover teams schedules and opponents, and this thread is the place where we will keep track of all of that. I thought that was pretty self explanatory but apparently not.

Griz til I die said:
Guys that's the whole point of this thread is to track all the news surrounding next seasons schedule before the athletic department announces it in August. There's plenty of sources out there that uncover teams schedules and opponents, and this thread is the place where we will keep track of all of that. I thought that was pretty self explanatory but apparently not.

Responses were to GriztilIdie

Griz til I die said:

My bad, I'll admit my ignorance this one time. ;) I do appreciate any attempt to announce certain dates ahead of time. I have no insight in this regard, but I'll keep an eye here for future updates. thx.

the 22-23 D1 Docket is now live. This is a great source for tracking conference and non-conference schedules. Currently, he doesn't have any non-conference games listed for UM (he'd have at least 3 if he read EGriz though), but I will closely monitor this throughout the coming weeks.
https://d1docket.blogspot.com/p/2022-23-conference-dockets.html

https://twitter.com/roccomiller8/status/1518315273165570048?s=21&t=1MWGO4W1JLs9ZcAo0CLDXQ
I’ve already reported the NDSU and SDSU games for the Griz, but here’s the full Big Sky - Summit League challenge games as it enters its final season. I really hope the two leagues agree to keep this going, and maybe even get all the teams from both leagues involved in the future.

https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/status/1527339322638143488?s=20&t=jbw1mC0NkT6GNt5aSWAqmQ
Finally, some new scheduling news. I was starting to get a little bit anxious. The Zootown Classic will once again take place in Missoula November 17-19 (November 19 is cat-Griz Football) With Merrimack of the NEC, St. Thomas of the Summit League, and one team TBA coming to town. Good news is the tournament will not take place over Thanksgiving last year, but will take place over cat-Griz which is unfortunate as that's where all the attention that week will go.

This brings us up to 6 non-conference games that we know of, leaving 7 more games that still need to be announced. Surprisingly, we still haven't heard anything on potential money games and typically by now you have heard of at least 1 or 2, so we will wait for those.

Merrimack finished 14-16 (10-8) this past year. They are still in the D1 transition phase and I believe next year is their final season of the transition period before they can become eligible for the tournament. They exploded on to the scenes their first year in D1 during the 2019-20 season when they went 20-13 which included a win over Big 10 Northwestern. Since then, it's been a little bit of a rebuild for the warriors, but I look forward to getting to seeing them play the Griz for the first time ever as they make the cross country trip from North Andover, Massachusetts.

St. Thomas finished last season with a 10-20 (4-14) record in their first year of D1. The Tommies did not play a single money game last year as they played a hybrid schedule that consisted of half D1 half D2 teams in the non-conference schedule. They did play a common opponent last year in MSU, and lost a close one at home to the cats 72-65. They are scheduled to play the cats in Bozeman this year, which is likely the reason they chose to participate in this tournament cause they'll now get 4 games in the state of Montana. The Tommies are from St. Paul, Minnesota and will play the Griz for the first time ever.

We will patiently wait to find out who this third and final team is, but I am happy to see that the Zootown Classic will once again take place. And based off of who the teams are so far, I'd say the Griz are the heavy favorites to win back-to-back Zootown Classic titles.

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1532723506173005825?s=21&t=M-0rhP-VBL6VJ7H7DNBovg
Our first money game has been announced. We used to schedule Arizona all the time when Sean Miller was the head coach, now he’s at Xavier, this would be the connection. This will be a tough game to win, even though Xavier plans on re-building next year. First Big East opponent since 2018.

Griz til I die said:
https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/status/1527339322638143488?s=20&t=jbw1mC0NkT6GNt5aSWAqmQ
Finally, some new scheduling news. I was starting to get a little bit anxious. The Zootown Classic will once again take place in Missoula November 17-19 (November 19 is cat-Griz Football) With Merrimack of the NEC, St. Thomas of the Summit League, and one team TBA coming to town. Good news is the tournament will not take place over Thanksgiving last year, but will take place over cat-Griz which is unfortunate as that's where all the attention that week will go.

This brings us up to 6 non-conference games that we know of, leaving 7 more games that still need to be announced. Surprisingly, we still haven't heard anything on potential money games and typically by now you have heard of at least 1 or 2, so we will wait for those.

Merrimack finished 14-16 (10-8) this past year. They are still in the D1 transition phase and I believe next year is their final season of the transition period before they can become eligible for the tournament. They exploded on to the scenes their first year in D1 during the 2019-20 season when they went 20-13 which included a win over Big 10 Northwestern. Since then, it's been a little bit of a rebuild for the warriors, but I look forward to getting to seeing them play the Griz for the first time ever as they make the cross country trip from North Andover, Massachusetts.

St. Thomas finished last season with a 10-20 (4-14) record in their first year of D1. The Tommies did not play a single money game last year as they played a hybrid schedule that consisted of half D1 half D2 teams in the non-conference schedule. They did play a common opponent last year in MSU, and lost a close one at home to the cats 72-65. They are scheduled to play the cats in Bozeman this year, which is likely the reason they chose to participate in this tournament cause they'll now get 4 games in the state of Montana. The Tommies are from St. Paul, Minnesota and will play the Griz for the first time ever.

We will patiently wait to find out who this third and final team is, but I am happy to see that the Zootown Classic will once again take place. And based off of who the teams are so far, I'd say the Griz are the heavy favorites to win back-to-back Zootown Classic titles.
We got our 4th And final team for the Zootown Classic. Jeff Goodman reports that the 4th and final team is Troy out of the Sun Belt. Troy had a pretty good year finishing with a 20-12 record before losing in the semis of the SBC tournament to Louisiana Lafayette. The Trojans went on to participate in the CBI but lost immediately in the first round to Abilene Christian.

They’ll likely be the best team we face in the Zootown Classic. Should be a good test and measuring stick for where we’re at!

Holy crap. I can't believe the Griz are playing St. Thomas. As much as I hate St. Thomas historically, they are an amazing success story. They were a small Catholic all-male D3 school not so long ago and now buoyed by deep-pocket alums have better facilities than most Big Sky schools and the enrollment rivals Montana-9878 to 10,100. After several years of beating their opponents 87-0 in football, the league kicked them out so they were forced to move-up and due to all the glut of quality talent in Minnesota, I predict they will be a FCS powerhouse in football in no time.

Back