• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Freddy Brown Transfer Portal

Well, I’ve never actually seen him play, but I’m pretty sure I know better than his coach whether he should get more playing time. :roll:

My understanding is Freddy has graduated and got a pretty good job lined up. He is done playing basketball and this is nothing more than a formality.

HelenaHandBasket said:
My understanding is Freddy has graduated and got a pretty good job lined up. He is done playing basketball and this is nothing more than a formality.

I don't think this is correct. He tweeted out his highlights, which is generally only done when you want to be recruited. I didn't take it as a swan song.

GrizBall said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't think this is correct. He tweeted out his highlights, which is generally only done when you want to be recruited. I didn't take it as a swan song.

If so, things must have changed from about a month ago.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizBall said:

If so, things must have changed from about a month ago.

Appears "your understanding" was wrong.....again!

retiredpopo said:
if you are a redshirt soph why would you enter the portal if you don't want to play?

I believe it is a formality not only for the player but for the school when the player in question still has eligibility remaining. So even if the player is no longer going to play, it is the release for the school also. And as I said, Freddy has graduated and did have a pretty good job offer. Maybe he has decided to pass on the offer and continue playing, but I was told a month ago that the job was hard to pass.

HelenaHandBasket said:
retiredpopo said:
if you are a redshirt soph why would you enter the portal if you don't want to play?

I believe it is a formality not only for the player but for the school when the player in question still has eligibility remaining. So even if the player is no longer going to play, it is the release for the school also. And as I said, Freddy has graduated and did have a pretty good job offer. Maybe he has decided to pass on the offer and continue playing, but I was told a month ago that the job was hard to pass.

This is not correct. A student-athlete must go the athletic department’s designated transfer portal administrator and specifically ask to be put in the portal. A student-athlete with eligibility remaining that does not desire to at least consider the prospect of playing again would not be required to put his name in the portal.

I agree with you though, I thought I saw he had a full-time job already lined-up. But I think it is clear from his recent actions that he wants to play somewhere.

GrizBall said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

This is not correct. A student-athlete must go the athletic department’s designated transfer portal administrator and specifically ask to be put in the portal. A student-athlete with eligibility remaining that does not desire to at least consider the prospect of playing again would not be required to put his name in the portal.

I agree with you though, I thought I saw he had a full-time job already lined-up. But I think it is clear from his recent actions that he wants to play somewhere.

Thanks for the clarification.

fanofzoo said:
Makes a lot of sense to get rid of probably the best shooter we have.

Huh? He has only ever played mop-up time. He might have a better % than others, but that is just a nonsense statement.

GrizWhiz said:
Per Verbalcommits, Freddy is headed to Central Washington.

Good for Freddy III. A Degree from a excellent Business school. An Internship at Boeing. Now he gets to play in one of the nicest gyms I've seen.

maroonandsilver said:
GrizWhiz said:
Per Verbalcommits, Freddy is headed to Central Washington.

Good for Freddy III. A Degree from a excellent Business school. An Internship at Boeing. Now he gets to play in one of the nicest gyms I've seen.

Good for him, taking the slow road to Seattle.

Back