• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cam Parker transfer portal

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:
I was surprised he had any eligibility left. Covid?
Yes he had the Covid year. I didn’t think he was gonna take it though cause we honored him on senior night.

Yep this smells bad for us for sure. TD brings him in, he plays a ton, gets honored on senior night, and bolts….again. Something isn’t good here.

Does anybody think Cam entering the portal may have been welcomed by his coach, or at least influenced by open and honest discussion between player and coach? After all, we need bigs, not littles, right? Or has the narrative changed to “anything DeCuire does is bad?” :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
Does anybody think Cam entering the portal may have been welcomed by his coach, or at least influenced by open and honest discussion between player and coach? After all, we need bigs, not littles, right? Or has the narrative changed to “anything DeCuire does is bad?” :lol:
Maybe DeCuire was worried about his single season assist record?

AllWeatherFan said:

No. Not at all. Parker was easily one of our best players. Better than the other guards….at least more consistent. He earned Big Sky honors this year too. I don’t know of any coach in any program who would influence one of the top players to move on to somewhere else. Especially since scholarships for bigs or other transfers are available with the departures of Owens and Blakey

AllWeatherFan said:

If you combine the last two seasons, Parker was arguably the team’s best player. Generally not the type of player run-off by a coach.

I liked Cam. He was a great passer and made some big shots for us.

But he also had something glaring weaknesses, and they were painfully obvious to anybody who was paying attention.

I wish him continued success and hope he finds a good match in the portal.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz til I die said:
Yes he had the Covid year. I didn’t think he was gonna take it though cause we honored him on senior night.

Yep this smells bad for us for sure. TD brings him in, he plays a ton, gets honored on senior night, and bolts….again. Something isn’t good here.

Or, perhaps he wants to attend grad school in a program UM doesn't offer. Or maybe his girlfriend has graduated and moved away from Missoula and he wants to be closer to her. Or maybe 1.6 million other reasons this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I actually don’t think this is a bad thing. Parker was a good player, but I think a break up in the dynamics of the guard room will do us a lot of good in the short term. I’ve said this before that I think this team lacks good chemistry, and IMO it’s stemmed from the guards. I’m not saying Parker or any of the other guards are bad kids but at times their body language has been bad and they’ve been a little vocal. Shaking things up with the departure of Parker may not be such a bad thing.

EverettGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Or, perhaps he wants to attend grad school in a program UM doesn't offer. Or maybe his girlfriend has graduated and moved away from Missoula and he wants to be closer to her. Or maybe 1.6 million other reasons this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Those are valid points. My gut tells me it’s something else though.

HookedonGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Those are valid points. My gut tells me it’s something else though.

I think your gut is wrong.

HookedonGriz said:
Even the Cats are after him

https://twitter.com/hoopscoopmedia/status/1504522804275863555?s=21
Well of course they are. Any chance you have to offer a good player from your rivals team, you’re gonna do it. That’d be a dick move if he went to msu though, but those are some pretty attractive offers though so I don’t think he’ll pick msu.

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:
Even the Cats are after him

https://twitter.com/hoopscoopmedia/status/1504522804275863555?s=21
Well of course they are. Any chance you have to offer a good player from your rivals team, you’re gonna do it. That’d be a dick move if he went to msu though, but those are some pretty attractive offers though so I don’t think he’ll pick msu.

"Hearing from" and "offers" are two totally separate universes, although schools generally won't bring you in on an official if they aren't offering. "Hearing from" could be a text from an assistant coach.

A Belo, Osobor, Patterson, Parker, Battle line-up would be quite formidable.

Back