• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beasley in Portal

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I was told that my “gut” was wrong when I said something was off in the locker room once Parker left. I’d like to see what HelenaHandbasket says here:

https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1509270254890889218?s=21

HookedonGriz said:
I was told that my “gut” was wrong when I said something was off in the locker room once Parker left. I’d like to see what HelenaHandbasket says here:

This is a disaster!

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

This is a disaster!

This is an over reaction!

This sucks. Even more so, with the amount of time and opportunity invested in him. I guess loyalty only goes so far.

maroonandsilver said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Really? What is left? It looks worse than the Schweyen defections.

This was a average team with a roster that needed an overhaul. I just don't think him leaving will have a huge effect on the program going forward. I know that if they are worse next year, everyone will be pointing fingers, but I don't think this team would be much better overall with him. This roster isn't really just a couple guys away, and maybe that is part of the reason a guy like him would look to move on to a program with a bigger upside.

This obviously looks bad. I am a big Travis fan but the team chemistry the last two years has not been good. So this might not be all bad. Owens obviously was playing time and Parker graduated so those are both understandable. But as great a shooter as Beasley is it might be better if he is unhappy that he leaves. With the influx of international players a lot of these guys might find out that finding a school that takes them and then getting playing time might be tougher than they think. I wish them all luck because they are just kids but they might be getting advice that isn't in their best interest.

HelenaHandBasket said:
maroonandsilver said:
This is a disaster!

Let's review the last couple years. Travis brings in Michael Steadman, who had good years at SJSU. He looks terrible at UM and doesn't make it through the year-Disaster. He brings in Cam Satterwhite, who was a solid player at NAU, he leaves after a couple of games-Disaster. He brings in a guy who strangles his girlfriend-Disaster. He has 2 players on the team this year who have been good players their first 2 years, and they hardly leave the bench this season, and one is understandably leaving-Disaster. He loses 1 important role player with major minutes this, year plus 1 starter (who's brother might have been a possible future recruit)-Disaster. Who, after looking at this recent history, is going to come play for this guy??

maroonandsilver said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Let's review the last couple years. Travis brings in Michael Steadman, who had good years at SJSU. He looks terrible at UM and doesn't make it through the year-Disaster. He brings in Cam Satterwhite, who was a solid player at NAU, he leaves after a couple of games-Disaster. He brings in a guy who strangles his girlfriend-Disaster. He has 2 players on the team this year who have been good players their first 2 years, and they hardly leave the bench this season, and one is understandably leaving-Disaster. He loses 1 important role player with major minutes this, year plus 1 starter (who's brother might have been a possible future recruit)-Disaster. Who, after looking at this recent history, is going to come play for this guy??

Yeah, you are right. I doubt UM even has enough players to field a team next season. RIP.

maroonandsilver said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I think you left out that new contract.

UncleRico said:
This obviously looks bad. I am a big Travis fan but the team chemistry the last two years has not been good. So this might not be all bad. Owens obviously was playing time and Parker graduated so those are both understandable. But as great a shooter as Beasley is it might be better if he is unhappy that he leaves. With the influx of international players a lot of these guys might find out that finding a school that takes them and then getting playing time might be tougher than they think. I wish them all luck because they are just kids but they might be getting advice that isn't in their best interest.

Agreed, Beasley was solid but is replaceable. If he's not happy here, more power to him finding a place he will be. Something with this group never jelled compared to the prior TDC groups and unhappy campers won't help that.

I agree with Helena, I don’t think this is that bad of a thing. In fact, I think this may be a net positive for the Griz. He was a good player, but several times over the last 2 years he’s had some pretty bad body language and many signs of frustration. We’ve talked ad nauseum about this team having a lack of chemistry, and I think he’s a big reason why we’ve seen that lack of chemistry on the court. I wish him all the best but I think we’re better off without him. Sometimes cleaning house is not a bad thing. We definitely will need a transfer PG.

…going out on a limb here…
…these guys going in the portal…
…confused on scholar athlete deal…
…thinking they might be athlete scholars…

:cool:

zengriz said:
…going out on a limb here…
…these guys going in the portal…
…confused on scholar athlete deal…
…thinking they might be athlete scholars…

:cool:
Join you on another absolute speculation. The reality is that the guys looking to leave do not have stats that might appeal to a program unless it has a super-specific need. SO ... perhaps they hope to cash in on NIL deals somewhere else. Have already seen some what we would call "roll players" getting exposure here and there. Anything at all in Missoula or Montana? Can't blame them, but it seems like a huge risk.

I disagree with some of you as I feel this is a huge loss at our level. He was one of the better players in the conference and is a great kid. I wish he was still a Griz.

After the mediocrity of last two seasons, there is nobody on this team whose departure would concern me, including the coaches. Beasley is an average to slightly above average player on a middle of the road team. A shooter with an inconsist shot. Seems like he's a good kid. I would have been ok if he stayed but am also ok with his leaving. It will be interesting to see where he and the other transfers end up. Best of luck to all of them.

gotgum said:
After the mediocrity of last two seasons, there is nobody on this team whose departure would concern me, including the coaches. Beasley is an average to slightly above average player on a middle of the road team. A shooter with an inconsist shot. Seems like he's a good kid. I would have been ok if he stayed but am also ok with his leaving. It will be interesting to see where he and the other transfers end up. Best of luck to all of them.

Beasley was named honorable mention All Big Sky this past season.......more than an average player in my opinion. He will be missed and I am sorry to see him go! :(

He made the Big Sky All Conf team as a sophomore. This is a loss. Anyone saying different has their head in their ass.

Back