• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cam Parker

That's home for him. Good for him. I'll miss him. Sure will hate rooting against him, no less than 2 xs next season.

alabamagrizzly said:
What’s PSU’s single game assist record? Whatever it is, it’s days are numbered.

His assist records both came against D2 or lower schools. He's decent but not a difference-maker. This is the 5th different school he's played for in 5 years. See a trend?

Zirg said:
alabamagrizzly said:
What’s PSU’s single game assist record? Whatever it is, it’s days are numbered.

His assist records both came against D2 or lower schools. He's decent but not a difference-maker. This is the 5th different school he's played for in 5 years. See a trend?

This is not correct:

Sacred Heart Fr/So (2 school years)
Montana. Jr/Sr. (2 school years)
PSU. Grad (1 school year)

Not sure how you get 5 years/5 schools.

Parker will put up much better assist numbers at PSU. They're style is more conducive to his skill set. I expect him to be among the national assists leaders (top 10). Hopefully, the GRIZ can get more players to have his passing mind set.

GrizBall said:
Zirg said:

This is not correct:

jr&sr years of high school included. Okay 5 schools in 6 years? Is that better?
Or change your perception of his commitment issues?

Zirg said:
GrizBall said:
This is not correct:

Your first statement was incorrect and instead of just admitting that, you are now doubling down with a statement that really doesn’t make much sense.

He attended only one high school in Portland and graduated. Once you graduate from HS, as you know you can’t return. He then went to a East Coast prep school for a post-graduate year. This is a very common move for student/athletes who want to improve their academic and/or athletic scholarship opportunities, as a post-grad your NCAA eligibility clock doesn’t start. After Post-Grad you still have 5-to-play-4. You can only do one Post-Grad year. You must leave after the year. From Post-Grad he then went to Sacred Heart.

So if you want to try to use going to the same high school for 4 years, doing a Post-grad year and then attending a D-1 school as 3 schools in 3 years to make an argument that really is unnecessary, have at it.

GrizBall said:
Zirg said:

Your first statement was incorrect and instead of just admitting that, you are now doubling down with a statement that really doesn’t make much sense.

He attended only one high school in Portland and graduated. Once you graduate from HS, as you know you can’t return. He then went to a East Coast prep school for a post-graduate year. This is a very common move for student/athletes who want to improve their academic and/or athletic scholarship opportunities, as a post-grad your NCAA eligibility clock doesn’t start. After Post-Grad you still have 5-to-play-4. You can only do one Post-Grad year. You must leave after the year. From Post-Grad he then went to Sacred Heart.

So if you want to try to use going to the same high school for 4 years, doing a Post-grad year and then attending a D-1 school as 3 schools in 3 years to make an argument that really is unnecessary, have at it.
[/quote

so your only contention is my adding one extra year? My point is still made. There's no loyalty and playing for 3 D1 schools was unheard of until recently. That's the trend I don't personally like. It's good for the kids options, but bad for loyal fans. All I'm saying.

Zirg said:
GrizBall said:

[/quote

so your only contention is my adding one extra year? My point is still made. There's no loyalty and playing for 3 D1 schools was unheard of until recently. That's the trend I don't personally like. It's good for the kids options, but bad for loyal fans. All I'm saying.

I'm really torn on this transfer portal. I actually feel, the GRIZ are going to be an improved team next season. Unfortunately, Portland State and Sac State, are going to be dramatically improved.

As for Cam, I can't fault him. If he was unhappy at Mobtana, I get it. This team ran better with him on the court. He filled a role well. Unfortunately, the offense was a lot too much about Beasley. Other guards were often on a back burner.

Cam's play made me a fan of his. I have a feeling, he just may haunt us next season. I wish him the best.

[/quote

[/quote]

My contentions couldn’t have been more clear:

1. Your original statement was incorrect and I called you out on it. Yet, you couldn’t admit you were wrong.

2. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you doubled down with “facts” that going from a senior year in high to Prep School to a D-1 school (3 schools in 3 years) represents some sort of lack of loyalty/character flaw when in fact it is literally the way that scenario was designed to play out. Again, no acknowledgement from you were mistaken on how this works.

Finally, your assumption is that all D-1 coaches are Mother Teresa’s. You really think that how they recruit kids, their power trips and egos aren’t contributing factors to why kids are leaving? It’s just that they basically held all the power over the kids for way too long. The coaches that learn to adapt will be the most successful. I predict you will see many, many college coaches looking for other professions in the short-term. Between NIL, the transfer portal and not knowing how to operate on more equal footing with Student-Athletes
will weed out tons of coaches. It will be the equivalent of how the NBA coaching ranks is going. Coaches that can relate to players more on a man-to-man level will succeed. The “drop and give me 20 right now because I said so” coaches will be weeded out.

And for the record, I don’t think this applies to Travis, but just saying it a sign of the times.

Latest posts

Back