• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 MT HS WBB Recruits

BigSkyBreakdown

Here is a link that shares highlights of 5 girls. 3 of these 5 are MT HS athletes playing for the NW Blazers. Covill (Hellgate), Harrison(Skyview) and Chirrick(Billings West).

This weekend is also the first active recruiting weekend for girls AAU. More updates to follow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcjmwCHr5j6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

#3 on NW Blazers has a good touch around the rim. She also reminds me of Abby Anderson with her blocked shots. They all look like really refined young ladies that play at the next level.

GrizBaba said:
#3 on NW Blazers has a good touch around the rim. She also reminds me of Abby Anderson with her blocked shots. They all look like really refined young ladies that play at the next level.
That happens to be Alex Covill, who has starred at Missoula Hellgate. Take note that both of her parents played basketball at UM; father Nate played on the men's team (and at one point was a Lady Griz assistant coach) while her mother Angela (Bieber) played for the Lady Griz.

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
GrizBaba said:
That happens to be Alex Covill, who has starred at Missoula Hellgate. Take note that both of her parents played basketball at UM; father Nate played on the men's team (and at one point was a Lady Griz assistant coach) while her mother Angela (Bieber) played for the Lady Griz.
Hope she considers the Griz like her parents!

If Covill wants a Power 5 school opportunity she'll get it. I don't think there is going to be a hometown/legacy discount here just in the way that was the case with the Tinkles. She has great length and can play multiple positions and has shown well on the AAU circuit over the past two years. If a Pac-12 program like OSU or Stanford come calling, pretty hard to not to take that phone call.

As a side note, I'd be interested to see what happens at Hellgate next fall, now that Rob Henthorn and Brady Henthorn have stepped down, and whether Nate is at all interested in returning to the HS ranks to coach again. I don't know any particulars, but it could be a logical fit considering Nate's experience.

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
GrizBaba said:

https://twitter.com/BigSkyBreakdown/status/1534930327788957697?s=20&t=bgflx2wj-mu890TkIqVhzg

Grizfan-24 said:
If Covill wants a Power 5 school opportunity she'll get it. I don't think there is going to be a hometown/legacy discount here just in the way that was the case with the Tinkles. She has great length and can play multiple positions and has shown well on the AAU circuit over the past two years. If a Pac-12 program like OSU or Stanford come calling, pretty hard to not to take that phone call.

As a side note, I'd be interested to see what happens at Hellgate next fall, now that Rob Henthorn and Brady Henthorn have stepped down, and whether Nate is at all interested in returning to the HS ranks to coach again. I don't know any particulars, but it could be a logical fit considering Nate's experience.

Hellgate hired Maddi Keast as HC.

Williams kid from Skyview is getting some big time attention. PAC 12 and other Power 5 Conf involved already. Also hear the young Gunlock kid from Big Fork HS is solid. She too plays for the NW Blazers

This is the hardest thing for a mid-major to accomplish in basketball--recruiting capable bigs. It'll be the next step for Holsinger and his staff to take as they attempt to restore the Lady Griz to their former glory.

*edited: Pierce sisters from Billings West getting a lot of attention. One will be a junior and another a freshman. Very tall and skilled. Parents are split between cats and Griz. They did come to the GSA bbq to hang out and chat with the coaches. Very good chance the oldest chooses volleyball out of state though.

Harris sisters are guards, 5'8" range. Older graduated from Skyview this year and the younger was a starter for Lockwood. Haven't heard any buzz about either of them in regard to D1 recruiting. Fingers crossed Holsinger and staff are doing everything in their power to get the Williams girl from Skyview. She is the best girls player this state has seen since Joslyn Tinkle. Would be a huge get. She's 6'2" and an extremely strong young lady. She had a double double at the state final with Alex Covil 6'6" guarding her. She absolutely dominated the paint.

Some Highlights from Sophmore season:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15508837/Breanna-Williams

Grizrunr said:
Harris sisters are guards, 5'8" range. Older graduated from Skyview this year and the younger was a starter for Lockwood. Haven't heard any buzz about either of them in regard to D1 recruiting. Fingers crossed Holsinger and staff are doing everything in their power to get the Williams girl from Skyview. She is the best girls player this state has seen since Joslyn Tinkle. Would be a huge get. She's 6'2" and an extremely strong young lady. She had a double double at the state final with Alex Covil 6'6" guarding her. She absolutely dominated the paint.

Some Highlights from Sophmore season:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15508837/Breanna-Williams

Lol. I meant Pierce sisters.

BigSkyBreakdown said:
Also hear the young Gunlock kid from Big Fork HS is solid. She too plays for the NW Blazers

Braeden Gunlock Class of 2025 5'11" G/F

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/braeden-gunlock/gvyjzVXzEeyA2wJt_kT-Ug/default.htm

:thumb:

Back