• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts on Anaconda Coach Firings

CopperGold14

I'll throw in my $.02 on the firing of the two head coaches for HS hoops in Anaconda. I know nothing about the back story of this subject or really the story itself. I just have some thoughts on the viral reaction to the Anaconda School Board decision to go against the school's administration, which was to rehire both of these coaches.

This situation is simple. If the locals disagree with their Board Members, you vote them out of office. The Board did what they did, and they apparently have the authority/power to do it. If the people want to they can vote those people off of the Board.

I also listened to some of the media make a big deal that one of the coaches had a locally famous last name -- Estes. And because of his name, they proposed that it was even more egregious that he would be fired. Small town and small minded thinking. Either he can coach, or not. I could care less about what a relative of yours did 50 years ago.

So there you go, that's my take, it's worth what you paid for it.

It's even worse.

"And, get this, the Anaconda school board fired the cheerleading coach, even after the administration recommended rehire."

Having gone to Butte Central where I regularly competed against Anaconda and my mom being from Anaconda, I can tell you that the high school has completely gone downhill. When I was in high school I considered a lot of Anaconda kids my friends, but nowadays the culture that exists in the high school is not what it used to be. No disrespect to any Anaconda posters who are on here, I know a lot of great people who I consider my friends from Anaconda, but the school district and specifically the high school has a toxic culture that exists.

Griz til I die said:
Having gone to Butte Central where I regularly competed against Anaconda and my mom being from Anaconda, I can tell you that the high school has completely gone downhill. When I was in high school I considered a lot of Anaconda kids my friends, but nowadays the culture that exists in the high school is not what it used to be. No disrespect to any Anaconda posters who are on here, I know a lot of great people who I consider my friends from Anaconda, but the school district and specifically the high school has a toxic culture that exists.

Sounds identical to the dilemma in Frenchtown that happened a few months ago.

Chucknduck said:
Griz til I die said:

Sounds identical to the dilemma in Frenchtown that happened a few months ago.

And at Boulder last week.

Brother Bear said:
... and in Boulder...

https://buttesports.com/dismissal-of-boulder-coach-not-a-laughing-matter/

Well written and thought out article.

Those coaches must have been teaching too many good life lessons that the school board didn't like (e.g., work hard and you can do or be anything).

Back