• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

B S!!!@#%

mtgrizrule

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/ruling-paves-way-for-former-lady-griz-coach-schweyen-to-proceed-with-lawsuit-against-um/article_db2c69da-5913-5e6f-8d3c-d15a831a35b1.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Missoulian

Somehow lost in all of this is the fact that she was an unsuccessful coach whose main skill was alienating her players. She needed to go!

She was not a beloved coach, in fact was a piss-poor coach who couldn't develop players (in my opinion). She WAS a BELOVED player for the UofM.

mthoopsfan said:
I wonder if she will reinstate her daughters. Wonder why she didn’t name Haslam?
Realistically, the best she can hope for is a settlement to her liking that does not include being reinstated as coach. If she was to become head coach again, that would devastate the Lady Griz program.

Anyone have an interpretation on this lawsuit that can provide some clarity?

Based upon my reading of Bill Speltz's Missoulian story, the lawsuit seems (am I correct on this?) to avoid any reference to job performance. Instead, it seems to focus on the $25K disparity in starting salaries for UM basketball head coaches. Is there apparently NO claim that Kent Haslam violated UM policy regarding job performance and that the lawsuit instead focuses on the salary inequity? If that's the case, this lawsuit could affect more Montana post-secondary institutions than UM. But the issue seems far muddier...
For instance: Why does Speltz, in his story, include the "imwith21" movement, which I've heard (I haven't visited the site) is most upset with unfair termination based upon conflicting job performance procedures? From what I have heard, this "movement" is not merely concerned with pay/employment inequity, but rather wrongful termination.
So... what is the issue: job performance or inequitable employment policy?
My initial reaction to the story is that the lawsuit is structured to avoid any kind of focus on Shannon Schweyen's job performance and instead claim title 7 violations by UM as an institution.

grizzlyjournal said:
Anyone have an interpretation on this lawsuit that can provide some clarity?

Based upon my reading of Bill Speltz's Missoulian story, the lawsuit seems (am I correct on this?) to avoid any reference to job performance. Instead, it seems to focus on the $25K disparity in starting salaries for UM basketball head coaches. Is there apparently NO claim that Kent Haslam violated UM policy regarding job performance and that the lawsuit instead focuses on the salary inequity? If that's the case, this lawsuit could affect more Montana post-secondary institutions than UM. But the issue seems far muddier...
For instance: Why does Speltz, in his story, include the "imwith21" movement, which I've heard (I haven't visited the site) is most upset with unfair termination based upon conflicting job performance procedures? From what I have heard, this "movement" is not merely concerned with pay/employment inequity, but rather wrongful termination.
So... what is the issue: job performance or inequitable employment policy?
My initial reaction to the story is that the lawsuit is structured to avoid any kind of focus on Shannon Schweyen's job performance and instead claim title 7 violations by UM as an institution.

IF she wins this, it will lead to more NCAA turmoil. Will most women coaches be expecting equal pay to male coaches?

I think it's reasonable to have the same starting salary, then let your performance and revenue generation speak for itself.

GrizWhiz said:
mthoopsfan said:
I wonder if she will reinstate her daughters. Wonder why she didn’t name Haslam?
Realistically, the best she can hope for is a settlement to her liking that does not include being reinstated as coach. If she was to become head coach again, that wold devastate the Lady Griz program.

I agree. I was joking. There is no way she would be reinstated. Damages would be a sufficient remedy.

GrizWhiz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Realistically, the best she can hope for is a settlement to her liking that does not include being reinstated as coach. If she was to become head coach again, that would devastate the Lady Griz program.

She won’t be reinstated.

AllWeatherFan said:
GrizWhiz said:

She won’t be reinstated.

Take the pesos and run.

This situation is a perfect example where a great player does not make a great or even good coach. She was truly a great player, a decent recruiter and a very bad coach and her record speaks for itself.. I read that the case is not based on job performance but employment discrimination

Back