• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sophia Stiles enters transfer portal

OregonStateFan

I’d assume she may be looking to play in a bigger conference.

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/1530539107155423232?s=21&t=ITng2EC86QcibJIwN_ByhA

OregonStateFan said:
I’d assume she may be looking to play in a bigger conference.

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/1530539107155423232?s=21&t=ITng2EC86QcibJIwN_ByhA

You're Joking Right? :lol:

Just think of the NIL deals should could get. She could make a lot more NIL money than money playing in Europe. Don't know if she already has a big social media presence.

Wish her the best! If she's planning a career in basketball, this will broaden her learning and experience.

Huh, last I knew she was destined for pro ball in Europe....? A great overall player for UM, and did well in the league, but I don't see her playing in DIV 1 BB, except for possibly off the bench. But all in all, one more year of playing , why not!

MTbest said:
Huh, last I knew she was destined for pro ball in Europe....? A great overall player for UM, and did well in the league, but I don't see her playing in DIV 1 BB, except for possibly off the bench. But all in all, one more year of playing , why not!

She's been playing Div. 1 BB for the past 5 years with the Lady Griz.

MTbest said:

She already played D1 basketball for 4 years, at UM.

mthoopsfan said:
MTbest said:

She already played D1 basketball for 4 years, at UM.

I'm sure she will be heavily recruited by a Pac 12 team

She would be excellent in Pac 12 BB, top player off the bench, a real spark plug, excellent experience, role model with leadership.

MTbest said:
She would be excellent in Pac 12 BB, top player off the bench, a real spark plug, excellent experience, role model with leadership.

I think she has a good chance of being a starter.

mthoopsfan said:
MTbest said:

I think you has a good chance of being a starter.

Interchangeable, and versatile ,like a 6th starter!

It looks like the 4-year starter at point guard, is now done at Utah. They seem to have several returning guards who played a lot and scored pretty well.

I think she's just looking to expand her experience in the game, plus, experience a new place. She's graduated, so the world is a wide-open door for her - that sounds pretty exciting.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Had a "breakout" 5th year as a SR at Montana (breakout meaning her best ppg at 12).

Disappointing career.

Wtf? She had a few terrible breaks in her LG journey! The fact that she got to where she has, says alot about her. I'd take Stiles on a team any day.

GrizBaba said:
I think she's just looking to expand her experience in the game, plus, experience a new place. She's graduated, so the world is a wide-open door for her - that sounds pretty exciting.

She might also have decided that going to Europe to play basketball at this troubling time wasn't a good idea.

Back