• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022-23 MontanaWBB roster is up at GoGriz

grizzlyjournal

The 2022-23 MontanaWBB roster is up at GoGriz, currently standing at 14. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe NCAA D1 women's hoops teams can award 15 schollies, meaning there's a potential slot left to be filled.
Seven of the 14 are 6' or taller. Cool.
https://gogriz.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

Thoughtful of them to have this done early. Suggestion - as a temporary thing, use their recruiting photos. I like to go to the roster early to try to memorize names with faces.

grizzlyjournal said:
The 2022-23 MontanaWBB roster is up at GoGriz, currently standing at 14. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe NCAA D1 women's hoops teams can award 15 schollies, meaning there's a potential slot left to be filled.
Seven of the 14 are 6' or taller. Cool.
https://gogriz.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

Coach H mentioned last year that he doesn't go with a full roster - IIRC, he mentioned 12 or 13 last year so everyone gets a chance to play. A couple players fell into his lap that he really liked, which brought the roster up to 14. He couldn't have gotten those transfers if he had a full boat.

Meanwhile, the men's roster is not up, and won't be for several more months. Weeks and months after players have transferred out and signed with other schools all over the country, by name and image they will still be on the official roster of the University of Montana. Infuriating. I have no idea why this can't be fixed except for inattention to detail.

The Devil is in the details.

citay said:
Meanwhile, the men's roster is not up, and won't be for several more months. Weeks and months after players have transferred out and signed with other schools all over the country, by name and image they will still be on the official roster of the University of Montana. Infuriating. I have no idea why this can't be fixed except for inattention to detail.

Probably have to confirm their recruits all arrive for school in August before anything goes official.

Steph sure lit it up in the first quarter last night! 40 to 16 in the 4th tho? This the Finals!

Mousegriz said:
citay said:

Probably have to confirm their recruits all arrive for school in August before anything goes official.

Steph sure lit it up in the first quarter last night! 40 to 16 in the 4th tho? This the Finals!
That 4th quarter for the Celtics was insane. Good to see Al Horford light it up!

I assume the variation in each sport's updated roster postings reflects the preference of each individual head coach.
Regardless, as an obsessive all-sports Griz fan, I certainly identify with those programs (soccer, GrizVB, GrizWBB & FB) that already have rosters updated for the coming season!
The football & volleyball programs are even a major step ahead... having already posted player mugs of new recruits (vb is still missing two pix). The photos were probably taken while the athletes made their on-site recruiting visit.

UncleRico said:
Mousegriz said:

That 4th quarter for the Celtics was insane. Good to see Al Horford light it up!

The fourth quarter the Celtics played last night was one of the best quarters of basketball that I have ever seen played, anywhere, anytime, but especially in the last quarter of a finals game, trailing by twelve, you when they most needed a great quarter. If they keep this up, a big doff of my Warriors cap to them.

citay said:
UncleRico said:

The fourth quarter the Celtics played last night was one of the best quarters of basketball that I have ever seen played, anywhere, anytime, but especially in the last quarter of a finals game, trailing by twelve, you when they most needed a great quarter. If they keep this up, a big doff of my Warriors cap to them.

It was an amazing quarter and game. See Amanda Pflugrad's pre-game interview with Horford. It's linked in several places, with a photo.

https://www.nba.com/celtics/

Back