• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana State - Northern vs. Montana

CleanHOUSE

Pretty close game teams not that far apart. Griz don't have the physical talent to overwhelm DII talent make the game easy on themselves by using a physical advantage to generate easy shots. The skill gap is not that large either it seems Griz not showing much of edge in shooting skill or execution and game sense skill (14TO). We good at FTs and that was mostly the difference. Ooof

CleanHOUSE said:
Pretty close game teams not that far apart. Griz don't have the physical talent to overwhelm DII talent make the game easy on themselves by using a physical advantage to generate easy shots. The skill gap is not that large either it seems Griz not showing much of edge in shooting skill or execution and game sense skill (14TO). We good at FTs and that was mostly the difference. Ooof

If only they were playing a DII team.

We’re a terrible shooting team. Pretty sloppy game tonight. Should beat NAIA teams by a minimum of 20

We were without our starting backcourt. Whitney is still recovering from an ankle sprain. Moody wasn't in the house. I'm assuming he went home for the birth of his second child.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what Decuire sees in Josh Vazquez. Holy hell, that kid is a turnover machine! He had to have had at least 5 last night from what I saw, and this is nothing new with the kid. He should not be running the point, and I know he was our only option last night, but thank god we were only playing Northern last night cause if we were playing a D1 school, it would have been ugly. Gotta get Whitney back!

Griz til I die said:
I'm sorry but I have no idea what Decuire sees in Josh Vazquez. Holy hell, that kid is a turnover machine! He had to have had at least 5 last night from what I saw, and this is nothing new with the kid. He should not be running the point, and I know he was our only option last night, but thank god we were only playing Northern last night cause if we were playing a D1 school, it would have been ugly. Gotta get Whitney back!

He's the only guy on the team with a true shooting stroke unfortunately, at least every time he shoots it it looks like it has a chance to go in...that said he's not even that good of a shooter he has great touch on his ball but his actual side to side accuracy comes and goes ALOT. I like him but his role should be a sniper off the bench who you hope every 3rd game or so will give you 9pts off the bench on 3/4 shooting from 3pts range. However, will the ball in his hands he is slow and underpowered even for BSC competition and will get bullied if he is handling the ball a lot.

Don't be surprised, if Brown's playing time and role continue to increase, even after Whitney returns. Brown has a lot of potential.

Griz til I die said:
Season totals are as follows:
Bannon 14 TO
Whitney (2 less games) 11 TO
Moody 1 less game 11 TO
Martin 8 TO
Vasquez 7 TO
So who is really a TO machine???? Get your facts right before bashing players!!! Also FYI lastnight he only had 1 TO!!! Posts like these always standout to me because I take offense to wannabe basketball analysts bashing players. I've coached this kid in the past and am very familiar with players on this team past and present and the lack of offensive creativity and not understanding personnel is what the problem is. We have bigs that don't play big, no movement in the offense and gaurds that have no vision and consistently look players off. These issues are what should be addressed. Also, defensively there are players that are constantly missing rotations and not understanding their assignments so there is much to be desired. Vasquez is averaging 7 points a game and does not take bad shots. He may be off right now but I'm sure he will eventually shake that off and his numbers will even out. What games have you been watching???? Maybe you should do your homework before posting idiotic shit like this and stop bashing players because it's clear you don't know what your talking about!!!!

Callithowiseeit said:
Griz til I die said:
Bannon 14 TO
Moody 1 less game 11 TO
Martin 8 TO
Vasquez 7 TO
So who is really a TO machine???? Get your facts right before bashing players!!! Also FYI lastnight he only had 1 TO!!! Posts like these always standout to me because I take offense to wannabe basketball analysts bashing players. I've coached this kid in the past and am very familiar with players on this team past and present and the lack of offensive creativity and not understanding personnel is what the problem is. We have bigs that don't play big, no movement in the offense and gaurds that have no vision and consistently look players off. These issues are what should be addressed. Also, defensively there are players that are constantly missing rotations and not understanding their assignments so there is much to be desired. Vasquez is averaging 7 points a game and does not take bad shots. He may be off right now but I'm sure he will eventually shake that off and his numbers will even out. What games have you been watching???? Maybe you should do your homework before posting idiotic shit like this and stop bashing players because it's clear you don't know what your talking about!!!!

I agree. Vasquez has improved over the years in everything but I think his shooting is related more to confidence level. He's the kind of kid who, if he misses, he takes it to heart, compounding the trouble. He will be ok. But, I'm afraid this years Griz team is just a tired show for the same reasons you mention but they are repeated every year....

Callithowiseeit said:
Griz til I die said:
Bannon 14 TO
Moody 1 less game 11 TO
Martin 8 TO
Vasquez 7 TO

I understand and agree with your main point about Vasquez, but Bannan should not be part of the analysis. Bannan is currently 3rd in the conference in Assists per Game and probably 2nd or 3rd in A/TO ratio. This with the highest usage rate on the team. Not sure what else he can be doing at this point.

GrizBall said:
Callithowiseeit said:
Bannon 14 TO
Moody 1 less game 11 TO
Martin 8 TO
Vasquez 7 TO

I understand and agree with your main point about Vasquez, but Bannan should not be part of the analysis. Bannan is currently 3rd in the conference in Assists per Game and probably 2nd or 3rd in A/TO ratio. This with the highest usage rate on the team. Not sure what else he can be doing at this point.
Nothing against Bannan or any of our players I was just simply listing TO for the top 5 in minutes this season in regards to the TO machine comment. I completely understand his usage rate but as good as he has been he should not run the point, his assists come from passing out of the post and big to big action not from running the offense. Don't understand the logic behind that.

Callithowiseeit said:
GrizBall said:
Nothing against Bannan or any of our players I was just simply listing TO for the top 5 in minutes this season in regards to the TO machine comment. I completely understand his usage rate but as good as he has been he should not run the point, his assists come from passing out of the post and big to big action not from running the offense. Don't understand the logic behind that.

Explain the logic of having bannon handling the ball so damn much! bannon is behind the 3pt line more then steph curry.

Mavman said:
Callithowiseeit said:

Explain the logic of having bannon handling the ball so damn much! bannon is behind the 3pt line more then steph curry.

Actually, I've seen Bannon catch a ton of passes at the free-throw line area, which I believe is our best play. Bannon will shoot if wide-open, drive if possible or pass out to the wing. He makes more happen than anyone else. I want the ball in his hands as much as possible.

Back