• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Southern Miss game

mtgrizrule said:
Vazquez missing a WIDE open 3. How can someone with such a pretty shot miss so often?

Yeah. He’s GOT to make that one. Nobody within 10 feet of him.

My takeaway after 17 minutes? BSC refs aren’t the only ones that suck.

Several ticky tack fouls on the Griz, Bannon literally gets knocked to the floor and they call traveling on him.

32-24 bad guys at the half. Again, no offensive continuity. We need 2 other guys to step up to be consistent scorers. Thomas should be 1. Looks like, we're missing Moody.

Since Rorie, Oguine, Pridgett left, the offense has been so inconsistent.

I think the Griz are playing a solid floor game at both ends. The difference (SMU +6 @ 41% to Griz 27%) is basically in 3-pt shooting percentage.

mtgrizrule said:
32-24 bad guys at the half. Again, no offensive continuity. We need 2 other guys to step up to be consistent scorers. Thomas should be 1. Looks like, we're missing Moody.

Since Rorie, Oguine, Pridgett left, the offense has been so inconsistent.

It’s because they’re all athletic freaks who were great basketball players and pretty damn consistent. IMO we lack some serious athleticism and have lacked that since Pridgett graduated. Our most athletic player has terrible hands, is great defensively, team guy, but doesn’t start. Our best shooter might be the streakiest shooter I’ve ever seen in maroon and silver. Love me some Whitney and Bannan, and DT, but we need more. It just seems like we have to work so damn hard to score a bucket these days it’s hard to watch at times. Now, on the flip-side, we have to remember that Decuire is incorporating just as many new-comers as returnees (2 are from the D2 ranks) so there is some time needed to form continuity.

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Vazquez missing a WIDE open 3. How can someone with such a pretty shot miss so often?

Yeah. He’s GOT to make that one. Nobody within 10 feet of him.

I know I've said this many times but somehow our shooting percentage form WIDE OPEN doesn't improve vs having a hand in the face. With all the complaining about lack of offensive creativity (which I agree with) would it make a difference lol. Think about how different this teams trajectory would be if they converted 2 extra open shots per half that normally get missed. Honestly, (Im a big Zags fan and watch most of their games) the biggest difference when watching top level teams...actually most other teams...is when they get uncontested shots their shooting percentage is more like 70-80% not 33%.

Griz played a very solid game, especially on defense. Very nice to see Lonell Martin find his shooting touch. Very impressed with the steadily improved play of Jaxon Nap. Here's hoping they get Moody back soon (heard he's had a pretty tough case of the flu).

Big Sage said:
Can we cancel our pending embarrassment against Gonzaga!

No we deserve it, all the post ive seen about how Zags are scared to play us and has been dodging use for years...like U of M is even something they give a 2 seconds of thought about

Back