• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pivotal Stretch

Griz til I die

DONOR
Ok I think I’ve finally let all my emotions loose on the Football season and am ready to fully lock in on Basketball. We got 4 non-conference games left before league play starts the 29th. 3 of which are very winnable games and IMO we need to win all 3.

It starts at home tomorrow against South Dakota State who has taken an obvious step back from what they were a year ago, but still a good team. Their NET ranking is a sub 200 so this has a chance to be our signature win of non-conf. Hopefully Moody is available tomorrow as I believe he’s the key to really making our offense go, and the obvious spark we need when scoring is limited. I’m going to predict that if Moody plays, the Griz win this game! It definitely helps too that SDSU played at Alabama Saturday and now has to make the cross country trip to Montana.

Saturday we play at NDSU who is not having a good season so far. They are 1-8 and they currently do not own a D1 win. We’ve struggled immensely on the road so far, we cannot drop this game. We must win this game, and I think we will.

After this we will get a week off before playing Prairie View A&M at a neutral site in Houston. They’re currently a little bit higher than us in the NET rankings, but not by much. The SWAC has historically been the weakest conference in college basketball, so I favor the Griz.

Winning these games would secure us a .500 record in non-conference play and put us on a 3 game winning streak going into Gonzaga who definitely is more vulnerable than usual, but would still take a miracle to win!

Should be an exciting week. Go Griz!

NDSU may not have a D1 win but they've played a lot of good teams. They have a tougher schedule that we do. So I don't expect the Griz to walk over them and I am sure they will be excited to play us.

I hope people will come out and support the Griz. It’s basketball season! And this team will compete in the Big Sky Conference this season. SDSU should be a fun game. If we can manage wins tonight and/or at NDSU, it could be a good springboard into conference.

Jackrabbits game plan: force it inside and get lots of free throws.

I hope we stop shooting 27 foot 3 pointers soon. That’s a very low probability shot. Much prefer Bannon’s hook shots from the key.

AZGrizFan said:
Jackrabbits game plan: force it inside and get lots of free throws.

I hope we stop shooting 27 foot 3 pointers soon. That’s a very low probability shot. Much prefer Bannon’s hook shots from the key.

Edit: maybe tonight’s the night we keep shooting those lol

Either on or off…appear to be on tonight.

Back