• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

how's your boy with the bad beard doing?

argh!

DONOR
bodnar has over a year and half on the job now, and as far as i can tell has jumped into the hole um was already digging for itself, and has kept right on digging. seems to me most of this board was chest pounding and falling all over itself with great predictions for an 'outside' get-er-done type to deal with those entitled academicians and right the ship. doesn't seem like it's happening. oh, before you leap into attack mode, i agree, there are many, many 'entitled academicians' that are part of the problem with higher education these days. a worse problem is bloated academic administrations, though.

argh! said:
bodnar has over a year and half on the job now, and as far as i can tell has jumped into the hole um was already digging for itself, and has kept right on digging. seems to me most of this board was chest pounding and falling all over itself with great predictions for an 'outside' get-er-done type to deal with those entitled academicians and right the ship. doesn't seem like it's happening. oh, before you leap into attack mode, i agree, there are many, many 'entitled academicians' that are part of the problem with higher education these days. a worse problem is bloated academic administrations, though.

Did a quick search through the above gibberish and found zero references to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS.

Wrong forum. :troll:

SoldierGriz said:
argh! said:

Did a quick search through the above gibberish and found zero references to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS.

how the university is doing under bodnar, who's hiring was discussed ad nauseum on this board, doesn't have anything to do with griz football?

Yep, that's what he said. Your English is getting better, and you have a question mark left over for future use. Based only on the title of the thread, I thought you were discussing Sneed. :lol: The proper forum would be Locker Room. Repeat after me, Locker Room, Locker Room, Locker Room, you are getting very sleeeepy, sleeeepy, sleeeepy. I will count down from three, when I snap my fingers you will not misuse the football board again. Three--Two--One--Snap! :?
Problem cured, SoldierGriz.

looks like i hurted some mods little feelers by not following the old white man narrative and questioning whether the um president they fell to their knees for was doing a good job for the university, an issue that very much is important to griz football. had i only written something about engstrom, then all would be well in their vacuous little world :)

SoldierGriz said:
argh! said:

if you don't think his finger prints should be all over the football program and every other program at the university than that's on you.

Bodnar is actually doing quite well. Many good changes put in place, good consolidations and new people book in place. Athletics being supported, but not with blank check. Is anyone even criticizing him? I haven't noticed that.

http://news.umt.edu/2019/03/032019pres.php

argh, you need to pay attention and do some homework.

I think U of M has shown some improvement in recruiting students. There have been several new ads on TV and also emails to alumni requesting referrals for possible students to contact. I would hope that is just the tip of their efforts. All I ever saw before was MSU and Carroll ads.

argh! said:

You are an incredible breath of fresh air. :roll: :lol:

You have presented zero objective statements (facts) and have ignored any positive changes that have happened in the last 1.5 years. Summer enrollment is up, again, and by a large amount. More students are applying for aid early, and colleges are being aligned properly to better suite academics in the 21st century.

https://www.missoulacurrent.com/um-corner/2019/05/um-summer/

https://missoulian.com/news/local/enrollment-decline-slows-at-the-university-of-montana-as-more/article_447744ff-45d2-5846-8836-f9e4c82be0c1.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/montana/articles/2019-02-13/enrollment-decline-slows-at-the-university-of-montana

Of course things will not be where we want them overnight. This will take time, and patience. It seems to me that you have a personal problem with Bodnar and UM. The evidence we have is hinting towards improvements at UM, might be slow, but improvements nonetheless.

Your cynicism is getting old. NEXT!

PlayerRep said:
Bodnar is actually doing quite well. Many good changes put in place, good consolidations and new people
Don't hold your breath on that one.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Bodnar is actually doing quite well. Many good changes put in place, good consolidations and new people
Don't hold your breath on that one.

you mean either one.

MTGRZ said:
argh! said:

You are an incredible breath of fresh air. :roll: :lol:

You have presented zero objective statements (facts) and have ignored any positive changes that have happened in the last 1.5 years. Summer enrollment is up, again, and by a large amount. More students are applying for aid early, and colleges are being aligned properly to better suite academics in the 21st century.

https://www.missoulacurrent.com/um-corner/2019/05/um-summer/

https://missoulian.com/news/local/enrollment-decline-slows-at-the-university-of-montana-as-more/article_447744ff-45d2-5846-8836-f9e4c82be0c1.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/montana/articles/2019-02-13/enrollment-decline-slows-at-the-university-of-montana

Of course things will not be where we want them overnight. This will take time, and patience. It seems to me that you have a personal problem with Bodnar and UM. The evidence we have is hinting towards improvements at UM, might be slow, but improvements nonetheless.

Your cynicism is getting old. NEXT!
[/qu

first, i hope bodnar can turn things around. i have no issue with him whatsoever, other than i think the beard is finky. it is the egriz five cent army that i take issue with, as many of them seem unable to consider basic facts when coming to conclusions about such issues. For instance, i'm not sure a 0.2% smaller loss of students should be consider a success, unless maybe you are an 'everyone gets a ribbon' guy, like kem. also, your summer enrollment article said more classes were offered this year, and gave no numbers regarding new students. not particularly convincing, unless you are greenie.

MISSOULA, MONT. (AP) — Enrollment continues to decline at the University of Montana but the decline has slowed.

The university counted 10,644 students for the spring 2019 semester. That is down 2.9 percent from the fall semester.

Undergraduate enrollment at UM's central mountain campus stands at 6,196, with graduate student enrollment at 2,667. Missoula College has 1,781 students.

The question is how many are enrolled at the UM campus, the one at the foot of Mt. Sentinel? 8,863undergrads and grads. Christ, this is about the level when I was at UM, long before most of eGriz posters were born. Great job, Royce! I recently checked, and this c*cksucker is STILL employed by UM! :roll:

PlayerRep said:
Bodnar is actually doing quite well. Many good changes put in place, good consolidations and new people book in place. Athletics being supported, but not with blank check. Is anyone even criticizing him? I haven't noticed that.

http://news.umt.edu/2019/03/032019pres.php

Argh needs to jump in a hole and start digging.

Back