• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Should R Hauck be benched?

GlacierGrizX

I have not liked the safety play from Robby thus far. He seems to get burned quite often, gets penalized quite often, and seems to be out of position. Maybe he will be ready next year, but I feel he is not ready for this level yet. He is a little under-sized too. I have been told he has an excellent football IQ. There have been a lot of fans in the stands noticing the same thing. Is Gavin Robertson another option? Can Bobby look past his ego to realize it? I'm glad we got Reid Miller this year.

Yeah, let’s shelf the dude for the season who tied for the most tackles in the WIU game and had 8 solo stops.

...ursus horribilis..fierce protector of their young...
...being glacier griz..surprised you didn't know...
...when e griz wakes up you going to die...

... :lol: ...

GlacierGrizX said:
I have not liked the safety play from Robby thus far. He seems to get burned quite often, gets penalized quite often, and seems to be out of position. Maybe he will be ready next year, but I feel he is not ready for this level yet. He is a little under-sized too. I have been told he has an excellent football IQ. There have been a lot of fans in the stands noticing the same thing. Is Gavin Robertson another option? Can Bobby look past his ego to realize it? I'm glad we got Reid Miller this year.

Right now the starting trio is Robertson - Hauck - Sandry and then Miller seems to be the next guy that rotates in followed by a split between Epperly and McGinnis. From what I've seen in these first few games is that they prefer to use Hauck and Sandry as more of the traditional-type of safeties and then Robertson and Miller as the guys that will be more of a rover-type of guy. Maybe it was me, and it was tough to tell in the broadcast, but it seemed that after the two early WIU strikes that there was a lot more of Miller out there than Hauck, but I wasn't specifically looking for it, so I may have been incorrect.

It was clear they were tying to single him up deep. I didn’t see the long touchdown so I have I have no idea who got burned there. The reality is there were guys running free all over the field/secondary this past Saturday & a majority of them weren’t being covered by someone named Hauck. Maybe allow yourself to give WIU a little credit - they clearly proved to have the best skill position players of any of the first three teams played.

Miller started last weekend for Robertson. I think Robby is doing a good job. Good move in my opinion to start Miller in place of Robertson.

I hope not - watched a little bit, Guy is a good runstopper, but the SAC WRs gotta want to see him out there.

bgbigdog said:
It was clear they were tying to single him up deep. I didn’t see the long touchdown so I have I have no idea who got burned there. The reality is there were guys running free all over the field/secondary this past Saturday & a majority of them weren’t being covered by someone named Hauck. Maybe allow yourself to give WIU a little credit - they clearly proved to have the best skill position players of any of the first three teams played.

I didn't see the first long TD pass either. (Trying to get ESPN plus going.)

What happened?

PlayerRep said:
bgbigdog said:

What happened?

blown coverage

WIU had good receivers. However, if our secondary doesn't get it together, UC Davis will score 100 on them. Those guys impressed me this weekend against' Stanford. Not your usual UC Davis team this year.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
bgbigdog said:

What happened?

blown coverage

Who blew the coverage? What coverage were the Griz in? Man or zone?

zengriz said:
...ursus horribilis..fierce protector of their young...
...being glacier griz..surprised you didn't know...
...when e griz wakes up you going to die...

... :lol: ...

POTY no doubt :thumb:

Good run stopper but suspect with pass coverage. Simply could be lack of experience and just needs to "see the game" a bit more to understand the nuances of the coverage game. Miller, Robertson, Sandry probably the best 3 to start, but there seem to be +/- to all of them

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
bgbigdog said:

What happened?

blown coverage

Impossible to tell unless you talk to the players or staff. CB let the WR go and Hauck didn't pick him up. Someone was responsible, but can't say without knowing the exact scheme.

grizfan95 said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

What happened?

blown coverage

Impossible to tell unless you talk to the players or staff. CB let the WR go and Hauck didn't pick him up. Someone was responsible, but can't say without knowing the exact scheme.

Thx.

Back