• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...you can't make this siht up...

zengriz

DONOR
...you won't watch the n f l...
...you won't be out riding your harley...
...you can go out and buy a kanye west c d...

... :shock: ...

No, it isn't disrespectful to first responders. When a player is down on the field, what do the players on the sideline do? They kneel to show concern and respect. When the National Anthem plays, those who kneel do so because the country is "down" and injured. There are things that need to be addressed and changed. I can't think of anything more American than the right to peacefully protest.

GGNez said:
No, it isn't disrespectful to first responders. When a player is down on the field, what do the players on the sideline do? They kneel to show concern and respect. When the National Anthem plays, those who kneel do so because the country is "down" and injured. There are things that need to be addressed and changed. I can't think of anything more American than the right to peacefully protest.

Whether or not it's disrespectful is in the eye of the beholder. Agree on the first responders, but regarding military personnel an entirely different paradigm exists.

Analogizing players concerned with an injured fellow player to an Anthem protest is apples/oranges.

CFallsGriz said:
GGNez said:

Whether or not it's disrespectful is in the eye of the beholder. Agree on the first responders, but regarding military personnel an entirely different paradigm exists.

Analogizing players concerned with an injured fellow player to an Anthem protest is apples/oranges.

Whether it's apples/oranges is in the eye of the beholder. Whether or not it's perceived as disrespectful, the sentiment behind it is not.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

GGNez said:

GG, there is no point to arguing about this. No one that believes that kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful is ever going to change their opinion.

Myself, I don't even acknowledge the national anthem anymore. I just remain seated. Do I generally love my country? Yes. Do I want to jump up and hum/sing along with others to show some share some mystical patriotism with others. No. My goodness. Every time I see it it reminds me of Nazi Germany.

GGNez said:
CFallsGriz said:
GGNez said:

Whether it's apples/oranges is in the eye of the beholder. Whether or not it's perceived as disrespectful, the sentiment behind it is not.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

Anone that you are trying to convince here will see snopes in the link and immediately discount your whole premise. Sorry to be a nihilist.

grizpsych said:
GGNez said:

GG, there is no point to arguing about this. No one that believes that kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful is ever going to change their opinion.

Myself, I don't even acknowledge the national anthem anymore. I just remain seated. Do I generally love my country? Yes. Do I want to jump up and hum/sing along with others to show some share some mystical patriotism with others. No. My goodness. Every time I see it it reminds me of Nazi Germany.

I understand your sentiments. I lived in the Bitterroot Valley for a few years (2013 - April of this year). Public fundraisers and other such events routinely started with the Pledge of Allegiance as well as a prayer to Jesus. I found it creepy and noninclusive.

However, CFalls is someone with whom I can discuss differences of opinion and maintain mutual respect.

Why do we always have to hear from some secular parson that arguing with wingnuts is a waste of time? We don't do it to enlighten the benighted; we do it for the pleasure of kicking them in the balls. Though, admittedly, their impregnable ignorance provides them with the saving powers of magic underwear.

Fat Bruno said:
Why do we always have to hear from some secular parson that arguing with wingnuts is a waste of time? We don't do it to enlighten the benighted; we do it for the pleasure of kicking them in the balls. Though, admittedly, their impregnable ignorance provides them with the saving powers of magic underwear.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

zengriz said:
...montana proud...
...ryan zinke...
... :wtf: ...

It’s all just a deep state conspiracy funded by Soros et.al...
My Fox News obsessed dad told me so.
:roll:

Good fucking riddance to that asshole.

Yes, but they've got a bigger asshole next in line. I know I needn't have said that ... it's the Trump administration, where they drained the swamp to grow sand lizards.

Did you know I got all you dumb grunts a 10% raise? They tried to cheap shot you, but I jumped up and said, "Waitagoddaminute."

GGNez said:

No, it's not. Maybe from their warped viewpoint, but it's not.

Some brain challenged Trumperhhoid talking about being warped ?!! Sheep like this tiresomely bleating organism can't imagine taking a stand against anything.

Fat Bruno said:
Some brain challenged Trumperhhoid talking about being warped ?!! Sheep like this tiresomely bleating organism can't imagine taking a stand against anything.

Ok.

Back