• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana hb112

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, someone has to defend women's rights, as the supposed party of women's rights sure as [#]f### ain't doing it. :thumb: :thumb:

Again, where is your evidence that this was an issue for women, and where is your evidence that this represents the values and wishes of most Montanans. I showed you the only tangible evidence I could find, where is yours?

To be fair, the evidence you provided where folks called or wrote to oppose the bills wasn’t very impressive. I am greatly in favor of those bills but myself and probably 99 out of 100 people just like me aren’t going to call in or email to say we support it. In other words, one usually only writes or calls or emails when they feel strongly AGAINST something as opposed to doing those actions when supporting it. Just an observation.

Yukon said:
gotgame75 said:
This comment is so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. I am stunned over the stupidity of this mentality on many levels. Do you honestly believe that this could lead to an epidemic of transsexuals dominating women's sports? Do you believe that this is such a pending crisis impacting actual human lives that the government needs to be involved stat?

If the answer is yes, I pity your ignorance and basic lack of understanding of how human sexuality works.

To be honest, in my opinion, if you are willing to cut your anatomy off and transition to a whole different gender for the sole purpose of winning a sport, then I applaud your dedication. :lol:
But the fact that there are people like you out there that are ignorant enough to believe that this is really happening is more of an indictment of our society than any of this made-up Puritanical furor over this supposed tranny-takeover of women's athletics. What a joke.

1. Won't be epidemic, but it's already happening and costing real females position in sports. (yes, I said real females)
2. Wasn't really talking about the government, just pointing out that this should not be happening.

I can tell you are a crusader for trans people. I don't really care.

GotGame made it sounds like a transgender athlete will never take a female athletes scholarship..... didn’t that happen right here at the University of Montana with June Eastwood?

The state of Montana has had ONE college transgender athlete and we treat it as some sort of burgeoning pariah that if we don't correct it now, everyone will be doing it. Gender dysphoria is real and it isnt some sort of liberal hippy mumbo jumbo and all your pearl clutching isn't going to change that. Imagine having the guts to transition and then being one of less than a dozen athletes a year in an a state like Montana or Idaho who might consider going out for a sport while transitioning, subjecting themselves to constant derision and ridicule. Seems like what most of them are doing it for. Pretty cynical perspective about the world to think that coming out as transgender is really a ploy to game the system.

These kids are already different, so lets create a law to make them stick out even more in a crowd. They are already at risk for higher levels of depression, substance abuse, at-risk behaviors and suicide, lets just add one more brick to the pile. For F's sake. Why not make them wear a T on their shirt while competing.

I can count on one or two hands the number of students I have had in my 20 years of teaching that have decided to transition, and not a one was concerned about getting college f-ing scholarship in an athletic field. I have students who really can't go home again because they are just plain gay because their friends and/or family just can't handle it, imagine coming out to your parents in middle school and saying I just don't feel like I'm my biological gender but gosh dang I love (insert sport) and I want to stick with it. Good god. Those kids aren't the problem.

Just ugh.

Grizfan-24 said:
The state of Montana has had ONE college transgender athlete and we treat it as some sort of burgeoning pariah that if we don't correct it now, everyone will be doing it. Gender dysphoria is real and it isnt some sort of liberal hippy mumbo jumbo and all your pearl clutching isn't going to change that. Imagine having the guts to transition and then being one of less than a dozen athletes a year in an a state like Montana or Idaho who might consider going out for a sport while transitioning, subjecting themselves to constant derision and ridicule. Seems like what most of them are doing it for. Pretty cynical perspective about the world to think that coming out as transgender is really a ploy to game the system.

These kids are already different, so lets create a law to make them stick out even more in a crowd. They are already at risk for higher levels of depression, substance abuse, at-risk behaviors and suicide, lets just add one more brick to the pile. For F's sake. Why not make them wear a T on their shirt while competing.

I can count on one or two hands the number of students I have had in my 20 years of teaching that have decided to transition, and not a one was concerned about getting college f-ing scholarship in an athletic field. I have students who really can't go home again because they are just plain gay because their friends and/or family just can't handle it, imagine coming out to your parents in middle school and saying I just don't feel like I'm my biological gender but gosh dang I love (insert sport) and I want to stick with it. Good god. Those kids aren't the problem.

Just ugh.

It's a good post.

But, as a father of an elite High School athlete...I can't imagine her getting beat by a male at birth at the sport she committed so much time to.

If we are to show compassion for the small number of those transitioning, should we also not have compassion for the small number negatively impacted?

SoldierGriz said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Just ugh.

It's a good post.

But, as a father of an elite High School athlete...I can't imagine her getting beat by a male at birth at the sport she committed so much time to.

If we are to show compassion for the small number of those transitioning, should we also not have compassion for the small number negatively impacted?

What’s your take on transgender in the military? Trumps executive order banning them or Biden’s revoking it?

You a combat veteran, Jesse? Having never been in the military, I can't say I have a relevant opinion. I would assume you would only include combat troops, not clerks, supply, cooks, etc. in your survey.

SoldierGriz said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Just ugh.

It's a good post.

Good post yourself, Soldier!

We should. When we get past yelling at each other and employ a little empathy we start compromising and finding solutions. It’s what Americans are brilliant at, or at least were. :thumb:

Jesse said:
SoldierGriz said:
It's a good post.

What’s your take on transgender in the military? Trumps executive order banning them or Biden’s revoking it?

Anyone who volunteers to defend our Nation has my respect. It is a genuine privilege to lead them.

In our military...you just cannot be an outcast. That can happen in many forms. Can't beat your spouse, must be physically fit. Can't use drugs, must follow lawful orders. Transgender volunteers are no different...meet the standards - don't be an outcast - welcome to the team.

The Legislature was advised at the outset that this was going to harm playoff football. They were told again by the NCAA. They were told by the universities. The GOP did it anyway.
They were told again by the Big Sky Conference last week. Finally, one of those dumb f@#$ks realized the law might end federal funding for universities.

There's another big November game I guess they forgot about.

Back