• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Caitlyn Jenner says she opposes transgender girls competing in girls’ sports"

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
As I said, if in fact that article exists, that article was wrong.

I am not a lay person. From practicing law, I have a decent amount of medical expertise, and certainly knew what Chester said.

You never could read.

so you choose to appeal. but you are a lay person, in terms of medicine. i taught m.d.'s and pharmacists, am well versed in human anatomy and physiology, and the pharmacology of most common drugs, and worked in a hospital. doesn't make me an m.d.. i am a lay person and so are you. you never could think beyond self-aggrandizing. and i read just fine when we agree on stuff. funny how that works.

Just admit that you are wrong on this. Virtually everyone knows that going to an ER is not being hospitalized. Also, admit that the cited Ny Times article doesn’t say he was hospitalized.

Jesse said:
ChesterGriz said:
As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized".

No doubt in the hospital industry and insurance industry vernacular "hospitalized" has a distinct meaning. The term however was used in an May 25, 2017 NTYs article. The NYT's uses the Oxford Dictionary.

Oxford Dictionary:
verb
past tense: hospitalized; past participle: hospitalized
1. admit or cause (someone) to be admitted to hospital for treatment.

This definition is not qualified by the duration of a stay at a hospital.
Congressman Bodyslam caused the guy to be admitted the hospital er for treatment did he not? The problem PR has is the ambiguity of the term. It can have different meanings but because PR used it in his offer without first qualifying its meaning and Jesse accepted his wager, he's f###[#] under the ol canon's of strict. construction.

You went to law school right PR? You probably even know what an admission is. lol

Show us the my times article and the quote.

Jesse said:
ChesterGriz said:
As a retired Hospital CEO, I can tell you that the gentleman was not "hospitalized". Hospitalized in the industry means admitted for inpatient treatment. At the very least, it would mean "admitted" for observation where the patient is being observed for specific issues in order to determine if the patient can be safely sent home or needs to be admitted for inpatient treatment. It is my understanding that neither of these things happened. Since that is the case, he was not "hospitalized".

No doubt in the hospital industry and insurance industry vernacular "hospitalized" has a distinct meaning. The term however was used in an May 25, 2017 NTYs article. The NYT's uses the Oxford Dictionary.

Oxford Dictionary:
verb

Congressman Bodyslam caused the guy to be admitted the hospital er for treatment did he not? The problem PR has is the ambiguity of the term. It can have different meanings but because PR used it in his offer without first qualifying its meaning and Jesse accepted his wager, he's f###[#] under the ol canon's of strict. construction.

You went to law school right PR? You probably even know what an admission is. lol

Where's your source for even saying the NY Times uses the Oxford dictionary?

The Wiki dictionary provides support for my view, which even you know is correct.

Jesse said:
ChesterGriz said:

Jesse: "No doubt in the hospital industry and insurance industry vernacular "hospitalized" has a distinct meaning. The term however was used in an May 25, 2017 NTYs article. The NYT's uses the Oxford Dictionary. "

One has to be admitted on an inpatient basis to be considered hospitalized, under anyone's definition or vernacular. Virtually everyone knows that going to the ER to be checked out is not being hospitalized.

So, Jesse the Welcher, even you admit that I'm right and won the bet? Too funny. Have you ever made a post that was fully and factually accurate? I don't think so.

Jesse said:
ChesterGriz said:

Oxford Dictionary:
verb

Sorry to break it to you but Hospitals count Emergency Room Visits and Hospital Inpatient admissions. There is no event called an Emergency Room Admission. You can have a patient admitted to the Hospital as an inpatient from the Emergency Room but he is not admitted to the emergency room. He visits the emergency room. There are many free standing emergency rooms in the US that are not attached to a hospital. Thousands of people visit those emergency rooms every year without even entering a hospital campus.

My kid hurt her knee at soccer practice recently. We took her to the nearby ER at community hospital to be checked out and x-rayed. We were only there an hour. When her friends and coaches asked how she was, we told them she had a bruised knee and had been "hospitalized".

ChesterGriz said:
Sorry to break it to you but Hospitals count Emergency Room Visits and Hospital Inpatient admissions. There is no event called an Emergency Room Admission. You can have a patient admitted to the Hospital as an inpatient from the Emergency Room but he is not admitted to the emergency room. He visits the emergency room. There are many free standing emergency rooms in the US that are not attached to a hospital. Thousands of people visit those emergency rooms every year without even entering a hospital campus.

Fact. Not my opinion, my experience. Been there, done that. This ain't New York. F*ck the NYT.

Here was the wording of the original bet. I said he left the ER quickly that night, which he did. And Chester has confirmed going to ER doesn't constitute being hospitalized. In any event, I said he left the ER promptly. That was the heart of the bet.

Pay up, Jesse Welcher.

"The article also says the reporter was "hospitalized". He wasn't hospitalized. He went to the ER for a bumped elbow, and left the ER almost immediately. I'm happy to be you $100 that he wasn't hospitalized, and I know I can prove with a newspaper article. Put up or shot up on that bet, Jesse/Dutch"

PlayerRep said:
Here was the wording of the original bet. I said he left the ER quickly that night, which he did. And Chester has confirmed going to ER doesn't constitute being hospitalized. In any event, I said he left the ER promptly. That was the heart of the bet.

Pay up, Jesse Welcher.

"The article also says the reporter was "hospitalized". He wasn't hospitalized. He went to the ER for a bumped elbow, and left the ER almost immediately. I'm happy to be you $100 that he wasn't hospitalized, and I know I can prove with a newspaper article. Put up or shot up on that bet, Jesse/Dutch"
Read argh’s post again where he set you straight, also peruse the canons of strict construction, very sloppy drafting on your part. You spend way too much time triggered here by meaningless hissy fits. You are a rather strange man who appears to derive his whole identity from a college football board where you didn’t even go to school. Lol keep whining you dotard and maybe think about getting a life outside of Egriz. We all know who you are because you have made it obvious with your narcissistic posts bragging about yourself. Everyone else uses a pseudonym because, well it’s football message board, except for you counselor manning. Smh

PS: you do realize that “Jesse” is not my real name right? (It was my dorm in college)

I miss the old days when Mr. T was responsible for holding the money for bets.

I always envisioned him getting the money and then running to the liquor store to purchase a bottle of Courvoisier to impress his “bitches.”

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:

Pay up, Jesse Welcher.

Read argh’s post again where he set you straight, also peruse the canons of strict construction, very sloppy drafting on your part. You spend way too much time triggered here by meaningless hissy fits. You are a rather strange man who appears to derive his whole identity from a college football board where you didn’t even go to school. Lol keep whining you dotard and maybe think about getting a life outside of Egriz. We all know who you are because you have made it obvious with your narcissistic posts bragging about yourself. Everyone else uses a pseudonym because, well it’s football message board, except for you counselor manning. Smh

PS: you do realize that “Jesse” is not my real name right? (It was my dorm in college)

Argh was wrong. No one agreed with him. Argh can’t write a real sentence. He’s the last person who would be an authority on wording.

Just admit you were wrong and agree to pay up.

Also, where is The NY Times quote that you think supports wiki?

You have zero support. You were dead wrong. You almost always are.

Ursa Major said:

I always envisioned him getting the money and then running to the liquor store to purchase a bottle of Courvoisier to impress his “bitches.”

Amen. Remember what he did with our March Madness pool money?

[media]https://twitter.com/i/status/1374360968193581057[/media]

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Amen. Remember what he did with our March Madness pool money?

[media]https://twitter.com/i/status/1374360968193581057[/media]
:lol: :lol: :clap:

Now I’m wondering if the Ukrainians were my sisters-in-law-law Onya & Inya?

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:

Argh was wrong. No one agreed with him. Argh can’t write a real sentence. He’s the last person who would be an authority on wording.

1) i was mostly just having fun. duh.
2) fear not, i can construct sentences, and in fact do so at a high level using scientific terms you would never understand. but this is egriz. i try to be loose and creative with my verbiage, sort of play with the english language. sometimes i have to go back and take out all the punctuation, just to keep in character.
3) i was admitted to the hospital today - for a radiology procedure. i received an admissions band, which i still have on my wrist. i was there about three hours, then signed what the nurse called "discharge papers", after receiving what were again called "discharge instructions". was i hospitalized?

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

1) i was mostly just having fun. duh.
2) fear not, i can construct sentences, and in fact do so at a high level using scientific terms you would never understand. but this is egriz. i try to be loose and creative with my verbiage, sort of play with the english language. sometimes i have to go back and take out all the punctuation, just to keep in character.
3) i was admitted to the hospital today - for a radiology procedure. i received an admissions band, which i still have on my wrist. i was there about three hours, then signed what the nurse called "discharge papers", after receiving what were again called "discharge instructions". was i hospitalized?

Don’t know, but I assume you weren’t checked out at ER for a bumped elbow and then sent on your way.

PlayerRep said:
Here's the NY Times article Jesse claims says the reporter was hospitalized. Cited in the Wiki blurb. Where does it say that?

"The attack brought police officers to the event and sent the reporter to the hospital for X-rays." [Just as I said all along.]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/greg-gianforte-montana-republican-body-slams-reporter.html?searchResultPosition=1

argh, try doing your homework before you spout off.

Hey Jesse (or anyone). Where does wiki-cited The NY Times article say the reporter was hospitalized. Answer: it doesn't.

Jess and people like argh don't even bother to look at their sources. They can't be trusted. I hope argh's lab research isn't as flawed as his "research" on this topic.

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Here's the NY Times article Jesse claims says the reporter was hospitalized. Cited in the Wiki blurb. Where does it say that?

"The attack brought police officers to the event and sent the reporter to the hospital for X-rays." [Just as I said all along.]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/greg-gianforte-montana-republican-body-slams-reporter.html?searchResultPosition=1

argh, try doing your homework before you spout off.

Hey Jesse (or anyone). Where does wiki-cited The NY Times article say the reporter was hospitalized. Answer: it doesn't.

Jess and people like argh don't even bother to look at their sources. They can't be trusted. I hope argh's lab research isn't as flawed as his "research" on this topic.

given that you are now my research lab, uh, i hate to break it to you, but...

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

Why is he harassing you because you keep pointing out the ambiguity associated with the use of the word? He protests too much lol

Jesse said:
argh! said:

Why is he harassing you because you keep pointing out the ambiguity associated with the use of the word? He protests too much lol

greenie and i have been harassing each other for over twenty years. we're used to it. but he does protest too much, and he's always wrong. or almost. every now and again he gets it right, and i tell him so, and vice-versa. strange place, egriz.

Jesse said:
argh! said:

There is no ambiguity with the word hospitalized. None.

The bet was whether he went to the ER and was promptly released. He was.

There is no NY Times article backing up with Wiki said.

Why are you such a welcher?

Why do you always post incorrect information?

Back