• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

Germer still has a couple more years of blaming Delaney and Stitt for not getting him the right guys, so no rush.

grizfan1984 said:
Hope not but have to wonder after today if any of our recruits are questioning their decision

Recruits hardly base their decision off a game or two. However, a losing season could make it different.

Anyone know if Griz are talking to or have talked to Blake Counts from Flathead. I don't know much about the kid but anyone who breaks Lex H. records is worth discussion......

VictorG said:
Anyone know if Griz are talking to or have talked to Blake Counts from Flathead. I don't know much about the kid but anyone who breaks Lex H. records is worth discussion......

I have watched him twice this year, and he is really really good. Would love to see him in a Griz uniform.

VictorG said:

From what I've been told, the only thing holding him back is his speed. My opinion is that he is exceptional between the tackles not just in terms of power but elusiveness. He is also solid in the passing game. He doesn't have breakaway speed but not every frickin' RB recruit needs to have top-end speed. I get really tired of hearing it because there are plenty of fast running backs who have zero clue how to actually play the position correctly in all facets. Joe Olson and Blake Counts are the two best backs in the state. With Joe going down with an injury a few weeks ago, Blake is well on his way to the rushing title and already has 1500 yards on the season. Keep it up Blake!

https://twitter.com/CoachKyleSamson/status/1051133865274748929

VimSince03 said:
VictorG said:

From what I've been told, the only thing holding him back is his speed. My opinion is that he is exceptional between the tackles not just in terms of power but elusiveness. He is also solid in the passing game. He doesn't have breakaway speed but not every frickin' RB recruit needs to have top-end speed. I get really tired of hearing it because there are plenty of fast running backs who have zero clue how to actually play the position correctly in all facets. Joe Olson and Blake Counts are the two best backs in the state. With Joe going down with an injury a few weeks ago, Blake is well on his way to the rushing title and already has 1500 yards on the season. Keep it up Blake!

https://twitter.com/CoachKyleSamson/status/1051133865274748929
From watching his vid's I agree completely. Seemed more quick than fast but I liked what I saw...

Thanks Vim!!

Sholuld be an interesting week for recruiting. Hauck is using the bye week to get out and see games/ visit schools. Look for some offers and may be a commit or two.

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:
Kris Brown QB from Bozeman high just commited to Griz

What do we know about him?

He’s a big athletic kid 6’4 210. Has had a phenomenal year for the number one Bozeman Hawks. He has some wheels as well for his size I think he’s got like 350 rushing yards and has thrown 20 touchdowns to 7 interceptions averaging 240 yards per game on 68% completion rate

Back