• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

What do you say about this, Vim? Jaxon Lee, top 10!!?? You can give the kud more credit than that! C'mon Maann!

Badjuju said:
What do you say about this, Vim? Jaxon Lee, top 10!!?? You can give the kud more credit than that! C'mon Maann!

Until he plays a few games, I’m not sold that he will dominate AA. He might but I’m taking a wait and see.

Badjuju said:

In my opinion, Jaxon Lee is the #2 football player in the state in the 2020 class. Payton has his own opinion on recruits. Also, he did say "best athlete"...but then again Jaxon is a phenomenal athlete as well. I just don't think Tommy Mellott has proven enough as a football player to be considered a Top 3 kid in this class. He'll have every chance to prove that during his senior season.

VimSince03 said:
Badjuju said:

In my opinion, Jaxon Lee is the #2 football player in the state in the 2020 class. Payton has his own opinion on recruits. Also, he did say "best athlete"...but then again Jaxon is a phenomenal athlete as well. I just don't think Tommy Mellott has proven enough as a football player to be considered a Top 3 kid in this class. He'll have every chance to prove that during his senior season.
I hear what your saying, Payton. I too, am more than excited to see what he does at the AA level. I've seen enough of his film, and talked around enough to think he can be a definite asset to sentinel. I also did have the pleasure of watching him play this past weekend at the griz 7v7 tournament. After that, I am DEFINITELY going to be watching him as much as I can this fall. Personally, I think he truly dominated that tournament. The team sucked it up in the championship game, but prior to that, I didnt really hear much chatter about anybody else

grizband said:
Does signing Mellott hurt our chances at Rostad?

Nope. Mellott has plenty of position versatility. I'm all for competition but if Rostad and Mellott both sign as QBs, I see Rostad winning that battle.

VimSince03 said:
grizband said:
Does signing Mellott hurt our chances at Rostad?

Nope. Mellott has plenty of position versatility. I'm all for competition but if Rostad and Mellott both sign as QBs, I see Rostad winning that battle.

Mellott really looks like a WR to me. Makes dudes miss and rarely gets caught from behind

All Junior Films...

Rostad- Sets his feet much better at QB
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8074460/5c2d79234df52c0b9420dda1

Mellott- Love this film when he is running the ball
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7300733/5c3bd46db3c86c085081e44b

O'Reilly- Really like him at LB
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8375557/5c0e9e3b3dec0a0c7029ee92

Lee- He is very good...
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9844929/5c006a4c386dde1680227e93

I’m thinking Rostad and Lee both have offers but haven’t announced them yet. The 4th guy Carr I’ve heard has problems with grades and it may hold him back from being recruited by msu and Griz.

grizfan1984 said:
I’m thinking Rostad and Lee both have offers but haven’t announced them yet. The 4th guy Carr I’ve heard has problems with grades and it may hold him back from being recruited by msu and Griz.

Rostad is listed as offers by one of the recruiting services.

I would think Lee has been offered

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:

Rostad is listed as offers by one of the recruiting services.

I would think Lee has been offered

You would think If Lee had an offer he’d be tweeting it out like he did with MSU.

UM coaches try to get the players to not tweet them

Last year UM had 7 straight tweeted offers get offered by msu within 24 hours.

While the kittens hand out offers like needles on skid row, Hauck and company are very deliberate and quiet.

Trying to get specifics from Lee family. I think there was a few circumstances as to why he didnt tweet about it. One being how Hauck likes to keep things quiet

Paytonlives said:

While the kittens hand out offers like needles on skid row, Hauck and company are very deliberate and quiet.

Choate actually stopped saying "boom" on Twitter for the first reason listed. I personally thinks its bullshit that coaches tell kids to keep their recruitment quiet (Hauck is not the only one). So what if other teams offer him because he got an offer from UM or MSU? Its basically giving the kid zero leverage in this day and age of recruitment.

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:

Choate actually stopped saying "boom" on Twitter for the first reason listed. I personally thinks its bullshit that coaches tell kids to keep their recruitment quiet (Hauck is not the only one). So what if other teams offer him because he got an offer from UM or MSU? Its basically giving the kid zero leverage in this day and age of recruitment.

I agree... Just a difference in recruiting philosophy.

Paytonlives said:
VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:

I agree... Just a difference in recruiting philosophy.

Now of course if there is a great, under-the-radar recruit that has been offered by my favorite football team, as a fan I selfishly want the kid to keep it quiet. I just think coaches overthink the whole thing. If the kid wants to come to your program, he will regardless of any other offers he receives.

ilovethecats said:
Paytonlives said:

:lol:

I do give Payton credit for coming up with a new phrase each time he throws shade at Choate's recruiting. I should go back and try to collect all of them.

Back