• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

Paytonlives said:
DB Kenneth kemp not pinned anymore

https://twitter.com/kennkemp/status/1204961946719662083

Also taking in home visits with schools from Texas so maybe wants to stick closer to home. It would have been cool to get those two Texas kids but with us playing makes it difficult to do in-home visits.

Baldwin already trying to flip a Vandal commit
#suckitpetrino

https://twitter.com/cj_jordan7/status/1205181126534254592?s=21

GrizSpartan said:
Do you have anymore information on Matt Simkins? Glad he is from Butte!
5c53bc5149040.image.jpg

6'5" TE/DE with a strong basketball background. Probably a walk-on project type kid. Typical Hauck recruit. Long, tall, athletic with a frame to add more weight. Needs to be locked in the Champions Center with a feed bag tied around his neck for 2-3 years and may turn into something great :thumb: Love the Butte kids! Has a twin brother. Check the quote from the linked article. LOVE IT!

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/basketball/boys/simkins-twins-bring-competitive-spirit-grit-to-butte-central-boys/article_4475e641-e22e-5973-88a5-fb6cbd21c7a7.html
Following a heated one-on-one basketball game at home several years ago (that Jared won), Matt tried to go inside and confront his brother. His words: “I wanted to fight him.”

Only once he got to the door, he found that Jared had locked it. So, he kicked it.

“I didn’t mean to break down the door,” Matt Simkins said. “But my foot went a little hard into it and it came down.”

AZGrizFan said:
Where’s the D? This class is pretty lopsided so far.

That's been the norm the last 5 or six years. D players for what ever reason seem to be a lot slower to pull the trigger and verbal.

Its a weird thing...

AZGrizFan said:

Agreed, been waiting for a LB to commit, hopefully we’re in for a surprise on signing day.

Some names I’ve kept an eye on that aren’t on the offers list would be, Parker McKenna, Carter Carlson, Emerson Conlon, all have made trips to Missoula.
A couple other guys coaches follow and might throw an offer at could be Chase Loidhamer, Kade Garvey, Ben Voigtlander and Noah Jackman.

Stole him from weber... right in their backyard

https://twitter.com/chasejohansen2/status/1205300186026692610

Paytonlives said:
Stole him from weber... right in their backyard

https://twitter.com/chasejohansen2/status/1205300186026692610

I really like his tape. He’s a really good pickup and we beat Weber for him so it’s even better

Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:

Agreed, been waiting for a LB to commit, hopefully we’re in for a surprise on signing day.

Some names I’ve kept an eye on that aren’t on the offers list would be, Parker McKenna, Carter Carlson, Emerson Conlon, all have made trips to Missoula.
A couple other guys coaches follow and might throw an offer at could be Chase Loidhamer, Kade Garvey, Ben Voigtlander and Noah Jackman.

I know it is not this year's class but don't forget about LB/RB- Noah Kaschmitter 6'3" 225 (Grangeville HS) Grangeville, ID who I understood will enroll in January. He appears to be quite a player with a lot of potential. I am anxious to see him in spring ball if he does enroll.

Griz1 said:
Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:

I know it is not this year's class but don't forget about LB/RB- Noah Kaschmitter 6'3" 225 (Grangeville HS) Grangeville, ID who I understood will enroll in January. He appears to be quite a player with a lot of potential. I am anxious to see him in spring ball if he does enroll.

What was the story with him?

bgbigdog said:
Griz1 said:
Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:

What was the story with him?

If I remember right he is a greyshirt and had one academic issue to clear up. Some people in Idaho compared him to Leighton Vander Esch from Riggins, Idaho who went to Boise State and now is with the Cowboys. Small school kid with a great work ethic. I should add that I have no first hand knowledge whether or not he is still coming but am assuming that he is.

Back