• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Aidan Diggs CB/WR/SS

grizfan1984

Looks like we got a new commit for class of 2018 Aidan Diggs WR/S could maybe play some Corner. He is from Goodyear, AZ don't know how to post pictures yet so if someone can help me out, it was posted on Twitter.

Watched his HUDL. It says 5.0 40.....he looks faster than that...not a real burner, but definitely looks sub-5.0.

For sure, his shirt on his Twitter picture says Arizona State Decathalon champion so we know he is a good athlete.

The first play shows he’s a lot faster then 5.0

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4619556/59f8a156bee14717e0b89a36

Paytonlives said:
The first play shows he’s a lot faster then 5.0

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4619556/59f8a156bee14717e0b89a36

Yeah...that’s what I thought.

AZGrizFan said:
Watched his HUDL. It says 5.0 40.....he looks faster than that...not a real burner, but definitely looks sub-5.0.

Actually it looks like it says a 50 sec 400m which is moving from the Hudl page I saw. 6’ 175 lbs

Millennium’s Diggs wraps up exceptional track career
By Griffin Fabits Mar 25, 2018

At 5 years old, when most young boys become infatuated with toy cars and train sets, Aidan Diggs said he had his sights set on the National Football League.

Now a Millennium High School senior, Diggs is coming off an impressive four-year stretch of varsity athletics, including track and field this spring.

As a Tiger, Diggs has played football, wrestling, baseball and track. His freshman year, he juggled all four in the same school year.

Incredibly impressive, yes, but overwhelming? Not in Diggs’ eyes.

“It’s just always been like that for me,” he said. “Wrestling was something else, but I’ve always been in football, baseball and track since middle school. I got used to just competing all the time. It’s just a way to stay busy, basically. It’s just part of my routine. I always have practice and it just keeps me in a routine.”

Diggs’ name is a familiar one. Aidan is one of seven siblings and the youngest boy to don the purple and black.

He has followed in the footsteps of older brothers AJ, Aaron and Andrew, all of whom paved the way to Aidan’s success.

“With my family all being sports and literally the whole household being accomplished in sports, you see yourself competing everywhere,” he said. “I was basically born into the sport of football, and then I got into track.”

On the football field, Diggs excelled on both sides of the ball. Playing three seasons at the varsity level, he totaled 2,876 yards and eight touchdowns as a wide receiver and racked up 99 tackles and three interceptions as a defensive back, according to Maxpreps.com.

Diggs admitted that track, despite being neck-and-neck with football as his favorite sport, has been the most he has accomplished outside of the classroom at Millennium.

“I already have three records and freshman year, I broke the decathlon record,” Diggs said. “Sophomore year, I was just growing, doing the decathlon, and then junior year I got hurt but I only had a month to train and I ended up getting third in the state decathlon. Then I broke our record again and then I also got the long jump record at the school and the four-by-four.”

He holds the Millennium record for the decathlon, long-jump and four-by-four events.

A resume like Diggs’ will certainly garner the attention of college scouts. He has received offers from Arizona Christian University, Ottawa University and Phoenix College, with intentions of continuing to play at the next level.

While he is busy wrapping up his legacy as a Tiger, he is writing the final chapter of the Diggs boys’ Millennium story.

He balked at the idea of how he wanted to be remembered at Millennium, instead spinning it to represent he and his brothers.

“I think it’s not mostly about Aidan Diggs,” he said. “I think it’s more about the Diggs family. AJ and Andrew, they both wore No. 42 and were amazing defensive players, and then Aaron. Me and him wearing No. 7, being more of the skills players, getting out there around the field.”

“I think the biggest thing I want them to remember is, just how we didn’t talk the talk, but we definitely walked the walk. We didn’t like to talk, we liked to be humble, but we liked to go in there and get the job done.”

No way it says he runs 5.0 40. No one would be a college corner at that speed. And certainly no one would post it if that were the case.

The more I "Digg" up on Adan the more I am impressed. Was the #4 AZCentral Preseason recruit for 2018 (Top recruiting site in AZ)

No. 4 Aidan Diggs, Goodyear Millennium, 5-11, 160, WR/DB
As good an athlete you will find in this class. He placed in state wrestling this year competing in the sport for the first time. He was second in the state high school decathlon competition. He also played baseball. His three older brothers are playing college sports, either in football or baseball. This one could be the best of the Diggs brothers.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2015/05/21/top-high-school-football-prospects--arizona-2018-class/27650001/

Paytonlives said:
Just got word will be trying out at CB!!!!!!

Doesn't a track scholarship also count against the football number of scholarships if he plays? Thought that was a rule to prevent a football team in reality getting more scholarship players by having them "on the track team".

Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Doesn't a track scholarship also count against the football number of scholarships if he plays? Thought that was a rule to prevent a football team in reality getting more scholarship players by having them "on the track team".

Not sure how they are handling it. My guess is that if he "earns" a schooly on the football field it will be moved from track to Football. Might be that he is eligible for academic school's also???

PlayerRep said:
No way it says he runs 5.0 40. No one would be a college corner at that speed. And certainly no one would post it if that were the case.

Corrrect. Think it was a Griz Nation mis read....it actually said a 50 sec 400m....not a 5.0 40yd

I'm not sure if he will be able to try out until spring, I've heard the fall roster is full and their is a few guys that will have to wait until spring to try out.

Paytonlives said:
Ursus1 said:
Paytonlives said:

Not sure how they are handling it. My guess is that if he "earns" a schooly on the football field it will be moved from track to Football. Might be that he is eligible for academic school's also???

Probably the "trying out" part. Because if he makes the team I am 99.999% sure he will not count as a track scholarship but will count as football. There is a hierarchy of where the count goes. Schools tried the "end around" to add players to the big sports by offering to the smaller ones and NCAA closed the loophole. They might want to make sure he is worth counting in the number regardless where money comes from thus the "try out".

But if academics only, guessing he wouldn't count either place?

grizfan1984 said:
I'm not sure if he will be able to try out until spring, I've heard the fall roster is full and their is a few guys that will have to wait until spring to try out.

So how was the BYU guy/no show getting on the team? Does that mean no way any transfers are still possible?

Back