• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: QB Kris Brown Bozeman, MT

Always nice to steal one out of the scats backyard. If I remember correctly Brown transferred from California to Bozeman during his Freshman or Sophomore year.

This is great! Big kid at 6’4 210 lbs. Has had a phenomenal season for #1 Bozeman. He has some wheels as well for his size I think he’s got like 350 rushing yards and has thrown 20 touchdowns to 7 interceptions averaging 240 yards per game on 68% completion rate

And even better than that getting Gradney, a legacy bobcat, and Brown right out of their backyard is always fun!

My scouting report on him from Bozeman:

"He's good athlete. Not sure if he can play quarterback at FCS level. Maybe. Has decent size. Probably could play a different position. His brother plays for the Cats."

PlayerRep said:

"He's good athlete. Not sure if he can play quarterback at FCS level. Maybe. Has decent size. Probably could play a different position. His brother plays for the Cats."

What brother would that be.

Great article on him

https://montanasports.com/high-school/football/2018/10/12/bozemans-kris-brown-leading-the-hawks-to-success/

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

Was wondering the same thing. I know the cats had a Kamden Brown, but I don’t believe they are related.,.,and I believe Kamden is no longer on the roster

VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

How would I know? I had never heard of Kris Brown until today. I'm relying on a Bobcat friend. Maybe you Cats should get together and get your stories straight. Ha.

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

Was wondering the same thing. I know the cats had a Kamden Brown, but I don’t believe they are related.,.,and I believe Kamden is no longer on the roster

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

How would I know? I had never heard of Kris Brown until today. I'm relying on a Bobcat friend. Maybe you Cats should get together and get your stories straight. Ha.

It's Kamden and he was a PWO QB for the Cats from Covina, CA back in 2016. Just wanted to make sure PR had his facts straight. :thumb:

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

It's Kamden and he was a PWO QB for the Cats from Covina, CA back in 2016. Just wanted to make sure PR had his facts straight. :thumb:

Nice, thanks I didn’t realize they are related. Is Kamden still around?

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:
PlayerRep said:

I couldn't find a photo of Kamden Brown, but do you find it interesting that Kamden Brown came as a qb from Covina CA and Kris Brown--note that both spellings of first names start with a K--and Kris Brown moved from Covina to Bozeman about the same time and is a qb?

"After moving from Covina, California, the summer between his freshman and sophomore years, Brown embraced weight training. In the past three years, he’s added 50 pounds, which helps him absorb hits and survive the weekly pounding of games."

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/prep/football/brown-returns-at-qb-hawks-prep-for-opener/article_6888fdfa-095a-567e-a0e2-4dd6036810a6.html

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

PlayerRep said:
VimSince03 said:

Nice, thanks I didn’t realize they are related. Is Kamden still around?

He may still go to school at MSU? Not sure. Anyway, Kris is a good QB prospect and glad the Griz gave him a shot. Thats all these kids really want. A chance to prove themselves.

Vim, do you believe Brown was recruited as a QB or an athlete? Partial or full scholarship? Maybe I'm the only one questioning but Griz recruiting seems a little disjointed to me. We have recruited 2 QB's in the last couple of years, Wilson out of Polson and Graves out of Eureka. Hauck brought in two FBS transfers, Sneed and Humphrey and let Jensen go under the guise he wasn't willing to compete. Personally I doubt whether Graves or Wilson ever see much time a t QB although they may have opportunities at other positions. I don't see the up-side for Montana kids to sign with UM as a QB but they still seem to do it so what do I know? I'm not one of those who are adamant that the Griz rebuild with home-grown talent yet a certain amount of it appears necessary to keep the native e-griz population in line. Your thoughts?

sdk.catfish said:
Vim, do you believe Brown was recruited as a QB or an athlete? Partial or full scholarship? Maybe I'm the only one questioning but Griz recruiting seems a little disjointed to me. We have recruited 2 QB's in the last couple of years, Wilson out of Polson and Graves out of Eureka. Hauck brought in two FBS transfers, Sneed and Humphrey and let Jensen go under the guise he wasn't willing to compete. Personally I doubt whether Graves or Wilson ever see much time a t QB although they may have opportunities at other positions. I don't see the up-side for Montana kids to sign with UM as a QB but they still seem to do it so what do I know? I'm not one of those who are adamant that the Griz rebuild with home-grown talent yet a certain amount of it appears necessary to keep the native e-griz population in line. Your thoughts?

We've got Wheeler Harris too

Fahque said:
sdk.catfish said:

You're God damned right, we do! Wheeler Harris could be the answer. Just needs some time.

CDAGRIZ said:
Fahque said:
sdk.catfish said:

You're God damned right, we do! Wheeler Harris could be the answer. Just needs some time.

I heard back when he was in high school that Wheeler Harris once kicked a game winning 55 yard field goal with no time on the clock, not wearing a helmet and with a beer-in-hand.

All you need to know.....love his quote on the stadium.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/from-california-to-bozeman-hawks-qb-kris-brown-fulfills-dream/article_a5a77a04-1546-5151-9336-69b3c52be5c3.html?utm_content=buffer8455b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Fahque said:
sdk.catfish said:

I heard back when he was in high school that Wheeler Harris once kicked a game winning 55 yard field goal with no time on the clock, not wearing a helmet and with a beer-in-hand.

Wha? Are you saying he doesn't need time?
I'd bet he likely made time with the prom queen at halftime that time.

Back