• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: LB- Kale Edwards

dayday

DONOR
https://twitter.com/kale_edwards/status/1066452208630194176?s=21

I see him as a linebacker with pass rush ability but he he can play a lot of spots on the field. Awesome pickup and good to see us tap back into N. Idaho.

BDizzle said:
I heard he was coming here as a QB. Also read he was a 3* QB. Not a 3* LB/S.

According to him on Twitter, he's playing defense.

https://twitter.com/kale_edwards/status/1066709660114112513?s=19

Paytonlives said:
BDizzle said:

Nope will start out at LB or S.
His own words...

Sure... but the reality is we’ve got that LB turned QB thing covered if needed. :thumb:

bgbigdog said:
Paytonlives said:
BDizzle said:

Nope will start out at LB or S.
His own words...

Sure... but the reality is we’ve got that LB turned QB thing covered if needed. :thumb:

My exact thought, when I read this. Welcome to GRIZ NATION Kale

He's been a big deal here in Idaho, but almost everyone that has watched him thinks he's a better defensive player than QB. He's got a good arm but is more of a Troy Andersen type QB...where LB or S is his better position. I don't know much, but that's what I see when I saw him play and his highlights

AZDoc said:
He's been a big deal here in Idaho, but almost everyone that has watched him thinks he's a better defensive player than QB. He's got a good arm but is more of a Troy Andersen type QB...where LB or S is his better position. I don't know much, but that's what I see when I saw him play and his highlights

How would you compare him to Olson @ that stage? I see a lot of the same things from their hudl vids, but have no idea what the upside is.

bgbigdog said:
AZDoc said:

How would you compare him to Olson @ that stage? I see a lot of the same things from their hudl vids, but have no idea what the upside is.

Excellent question. I think he’s more of a Buss type lb, but could be a hard hitting safety. He’s fast but will have to see how camp goes to see if he can play there vs lb.

Good article this morning on his recruitment in the Missoulian. Noted that the cats came after him hard late with a full offer. Seems to be a lot of that going on with our friends to the east.

Back