• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: Johnny Barthel- OL Bellevue WA

Paytonlives

Staff member
OL- Johnny Barthel 6' 5" 260 (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA

https://twitter.com/johnnybarthel51/status/1072271856348983296

Welcome to Montana Johnny. It is great to have you as a Griz!

I am also very happy that the Bellevue pipeline has been reopened. We should have never let this door close. The past players that have come from Bellevue have all been quality kids and good players.

Big 2 Star O Lineman out of Bellevue. Had an offer from Air Force. Hearing lots of Recruits were in for the weekend and that is was a very good weekend. Could have more of these soon!

https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/1072274988458070016

AZGrizFan said:
Kid looks like he’s in the 8th grade...

& you & I are old enough to have the derivational suffix “fossil” @ the ends of our names. Hasn’t stopped us, kid will have a couple of years to get into a competitive condition. Has good hips & feet & will get good coaching. Nothing not to like.

I know close to nothing about what physical attributes coaches look for in an o line recruit....but this kid seems to move really well for his size.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
Jesus, is he 12?

Looks young. Check his hudl tape and you’ll like what you see, 12 or not :D

Not sure if it’s the design of the offense or what, but his highlight film is mostly him scraping off to the 2nd level and demolishing someone 60-70 pounds lighter than him....How’s he gonna do against a guy like EWU’s 310 lb NT? Or MSU’s 305 lb NT?

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
Jesus, is he 12?

Not sure if it’s the design of the offense or what, but his highlight film is mostly him scraping off to the 2nd level and demolishing someone 60-70 pounds lighter than him....How’s he gonna do against a guy like EWU’s 310 lb NT? Or MSU’s 305 lb NT?
Only time will tell.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
Jesus, is he 12?

Good frame, good flexibility, good feet, good mobility, and a mean streak. He isn't playing next year. Good prospect who can put on some weight and stength and maybe be a good OT for us in the future.

Kind of has a Chris Dyk look to him. Would definitely take a couple of those.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Griz2k said:
Jesus, is he 12?

I have a feeling he will live in the weight room next year.

I distinctly remember watching a game in the student section in 2010 when a group of the redshirts walked by where we were, and I saw freshman Zach Wagenmann (who I didn't know about at all, at the time) walk down the steps. I remember thinking "Is that dude 15 or something? He's easily the smallest dude among everyone."

He turned out okay.

These guys are still in high school, and they've got a ton of time to get huge. Adding size will be easy for Barthel, and should be the least of our worries. Might not help his "youthful" appearance, so I dunno...Hope his beard starts to come in soon. :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
Big 2 Star O Lineman out of Bellevue. Had an offer from Air Force. Hearing lots of Recruits were in for the weekend and that is was a very good weekend. Could have more of these soon!

https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/1072274988458070016

Not to be a dick, but when you Google DOLA you're not going to see a picture of this cute little youngster LOL

Back