• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW GRIZ: RB Marcus Knight joins Griz

Great film- frosh year at JC
6'1" 200 pds and a 4.49

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5345983/5bf1039c9a918e0268376469

Football 1/10/2019 2:50:00 PM Montana Sports Information

Griz add running back Marcus Knight

Story Links
KNIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
Montana head coach Bobby Hauck has added Marcus Knight to the roster, a first-team all-conference transfer running back from Citrus College in the greater Los Angeles area.

Originally from Washington, Knight played high school football at St. Margaret's High School in San Juan Capistrano, Calif., before playing one season at Citrus where he helped the Owls reach the Western State Bowl.

Standing at 6-foot-1 and checking in at 200 pounds, Knight rushed for 912 yards on 130 carries at Citrus, averaging 82.9 yards per game and seven yards-per-carry with eight touchdowns. He played in 11 games for the Owls, breaking the 100-yard mark three times with a career-high of 184 yards and three TDs against Mt. San Jacinto.

"Marcus is the complete package. He's a guy that was a little bit of a late bloomer out of high school, and he's really evolved over the past year. He's a quality individual, an outstanding student, and we think he fits with our team," said Hauck.

Following his first season at Citrus, Knight received looks from UCLA, Washington, and Wyoming, among other D-I programs, but says he felt like Montana was the best fit.

"The culture at Montana is undeniably awesome," said Knight. "I feel like I will be able to contribute right away and think it will be a really fun place to play."

Knight, who carries a 4.0 GPA, has enrolled at Montana in time for the spring semester and will join the team for winter conditioning. He is the 23rd member of Montana's incoming class of 2019, and the second player to transfer in from a junior college.

YAC seems to be high, keeps his feet moving, waits on blocks and is explosive when the lane opens up. Definitely has the speed. Finds the open spaces on his check down routes, and also seemed to pass block well. Ball security looked good although it is a highlight reel. Just a few things I thought while watching his Hudl. Glad he is a Griz!

Looks good on film. Had 8 TDS and 4 Fumbles(all lost) only caught 6 passes but it was a heavy run team. Had the best averages but only carried the ball about 25% of the time. Lots of backs there. Split feature back responsibilities with one of their other RB. Their team had games with 300 yards rushing and a few with 40 yards. He’s got good inside out speed. That will help give us contrast to Eastwood

Nice GPA to go along with it:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-sign-junior-college-running-back-marcus-knight-from/article_58a5795b-2f9a-5c5a-93b3-a45ec8a8b777.html

MikeyGriz said:
Nice GPA to go along with it:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-grizzlies-sign-junior-college-running-back-marcus-knight-from/article_58a5795b-2f9a-5c5a-93b3-a45ec8a8b777.html

I am really surprised he did not get more looks from some other programs. Smart kid, hasn’t been in trouble. Tapes look good. I don’t remember seeing his 40 times, but appears plenty fast and with weights could bust through some tackles. Griz appear to have gotten a solid one and glad to see him sign! I have a feeling he will be needed and the competition between he and AE will be good for the program. I assume both will get plenty of carries.

How do all these local sites not know who Drew Turner is? All these guys keep saying that Eastwood is our only returning RB.

AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
How do all these local sites not know who Drew Turner is? All these guys keep saying that Eastwood is our only returning RB.

lazy writers.

Eastwood is the only returning running back that saw significant action last year I think is what they meant.

WaGriz4life said:

Didn't play a single snap, that's why.

Back