• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: WR/CB Jaxon Lee- Missoula, MT

Does anyone know how Lee compares to someone like Chase Reynolds from Drummond, both 8 man football, I know Chase played pretty much all running back in high school. Td's, kicks returned for TD's, etc. Just curious.

1972 said:
Does anyone know how Lee compares to someone like Chase Reynolds from Drummond, both 8 man football, I know Chase played pretty much all running back in high school. Td's, kicks returned for TD's, etc. Just curious.

I know Colter said the top 2 players in the state are Rostad and Lee and the Griz just landed both of them in the past couple days!

HookedonGriz said:
1972 said:

I know Colter said the top 2 players in the state are Rostad and Lee and the Griz just landed both of them in the past couple days!

Cmon man...I said that back in February. Where's the love?

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
1972 said:

Yes my bad! Vim and Colter both said it! I had just listened to Colter’s podcast so it was fresh in my mind. I think Colter is going off your list Vim. There’s your love!

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
1972 said:

Yes my bad! Vim and Colter both said it! I had just listened to Colter’s podcast so it was fresh in my mind. I think Colter is going off your list Vim. There’s your love!

:thumb:

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
1972 said:

vim....you are the best at talent evaluation and i don't think it is really close....in the end, both teams will have 11 0n 11 and i bet they both show up...thanks vim for all you do....

1972 said:
Who knows? Impossible to say. Altho I saw them both play 8man and there are a few similarities. I believe Chase won three state titles with Drummond, and while Jax was on his way to his third (and I believe would have got that easily) with the Drummond/Pburg co-op this year, he transfered to Sentinel for his senior year. And now Jax gets a full boat prior to his senior year while I think Chase did not (I don’t think he was a walk-on tho, was he?). Different eras.
Chase was mainly a RB while Jax is a WR at heart. I think Jax may be a touch taller. But maybe not. Chase’s best skill seemed to be his vision as a RB (and crazy determination). Jax’s seems to be his inate ability to high-point the ball. It’s amazing; and I’ve never seen anything like it. If the ball is in the air, it’s his. Doesn’t matter if he’s on O or D. Kid had 13 picks last year. Some (very few) players may beat him in a race, but nobody will ever beat him in a game of “500.” Sounds silly but it’s true: nobody. He had a few picks and one amazing catch in particular during the 7v7 UM camp that got the crowd’s attention. (BTW, I believe Sentinel lost the UM camp 7v7 chipper to some ID team.)
Also, both seem to have that “it” factor. Maybe not as fast as a Sulser type player, but they can make the first guy miss and usually requires a team to bring them down. In fact I don’t think anyone in 8 man ever tackled either of them as the first guy, solo. It probably happened, but I can’t recall; super rare. So, altho a bit different, both of their return games are a sight to behold, especially at the 8man level. Looks like Tecmo Bowl.

garizzalies said:
1972 said:
Who knows? Impossible to say. Altho I saw them both play 8man and there are a few similarities. I believe Chase won three state titles with Drummond, and while Jax was on his way to his third (and I believe would have got that easily) with the Drummond/Pburg co-op this year, he transfered to Sentinel for his senior year. And now Jax gets a full boat prior to his senior year while I think Chase did not (I don’t think he was a walk-on tho, was he?). Different eras.
Chase was mainly a RB while Jax is a WR at heart. I think Jax may be a touch taller. But maybe not. Chase’s best skill seemed to be his vision as a RB (and crazy determination). Jax’s seems to be his inate ability to high-point the ball. It’s amazing; and I’ve never seen anything like it. If the ball is in the air, it’s his. Doesn’t matter if he’s on O or D. Kid had 13 picks last year. Some (very few) players may beat him in a race, but nobody will ever beat him in a game of “500.” Sounds silly but it’s true: nobody. He had a few picks and one amazing catch in particular during the 7v7 UM camp that got the crowd’s attention. (BTW, I believe Sentinel lost the UM camp 7v7 chipper to some ID team.)
Also, both seem to have that “it” factor. Maybe not as fast as a Sulser type player, but they can make the first guy miss and usually requires a team to bring them down. In fact I don’t think anyone in 8 man ever tackled either of them as the first guy, solo. It probably happened, but I can’t recall; super rare. So, altho a bit different, both of their return games are a sight to behold, especially at the 8man level. Looks like Tecmo Bowl.
The only Class C player I saw tackle Reynolds 1 on 1 would end up being a GRIZ too, Daniel Beaudin. Daniel was a terrific DE and MLB. He changed to MLB to keep teams from running away from him every play.

mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:
1972 said:
The only Class C player I saw tackle Reynolds 1 on 1 would end up being a GRIZ too, Daniel Beaudin. Daniel was a terrific DE and MLB. He changed to MLB to keep teams from running away from him every play.

Nobody could tackle Chase or later his brother, at least on our team, because he had those big Verlanic and Bignell boys and some scrappy Mannix kids doing the dirty work up front. By the time you could get off blocks it was already too late because of the Reynolds’ speed.

dayday said:
mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:
1972 said:

Nobody could tackle Chase or later his brother, at least on our team, because he had those big Verlanic and Bignell boys and some scrappy Mannix kids doing the dirty work up front. By the time you could get off blocks it was already too late because of the Reynolds’ speed.

Tell would have been something special too

kyle_sample said:
dayday said:
mtgrizrule said:
garizzalies said:

Tell would have been something special too

One of the best players I played against. I really thought he could have done some similar things for the Griz that Chase did. It’s too bad.

Back