• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Verbal Guido Ossello WR/S Butte, MT

grizfan1984

https://twitter.com/GuidoOssello/status/1204829215536730112
6’3” 195 LBS WR/S from Butte Central High School.

Had a breakout senior season. Big body who is a natural at high pointing the ball. Guido is part of a deep receiver class this year out of Montana.

The Ossello family from Butte is a hell of an athletic family...and tough. Guido has a cousin who played lacrosse and football at Notre Dame (Nick) and Nicks sister played lacrosse at Duke.

Guido is an all state WR and all conf LB for Butte Central. He’s a big kid.

Nick Ossello originally planned to transfer to Montana and play his fifth athletic season for coach Bob Stitt, who previously was at the Colorado School of Mines. But Eilers learned about Ossello’s desire to play football and told him he should remain in South Bend to do that.

“I kind of had some decent playing time available at Montana if I went that route. I would have had more prevalent role at Montana,” Ossello said. “But how many kids get to say they suited up for the Irish? That’s something not a lot of people can say and something I’m very, very proud of and very glad I took that chance and very glad that Coach Eilers gave me that chance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2016/07/08/nick-ossello-denver-outlaws-notre-dame/amp/

Had a breakout year his senior season and put up some good stats

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/guido-ossello/bKGl4G4BEea-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-19/stats.htm

And don't forget another cousin, wide receiver Ryan Burke, who played for the Griz a few years ago until forced into retirement due to concussions.

Great get! Does everybody at Butte Central still follow Notre Dame? Remember that from the mid-80's. It was fighting Irish football and Red Sox baseball.

SaskGriz said:
Great get! Does everybody at Butte Central still follow Notre Dame? Remember that from the mid-80's. It was fighting Irish football and Red Sox baseball.

Considering that the Butte Central fight song is the Notre Dame fight song, yeah.... ;)

CrunchGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

Considering that the Butte Central fight song is the Notre Dame fight song, yeah.... ;)

I didn't know that, excellent piece of trivia

SaskGriz said:
CrunchGriz said:
SaskGriz said:

I didn't know that, excellent piece of trivia

Oh, and they're both Catholic schools, and there is a high percentage of people of Irish descent in Butte....

Guido Ossello is a good-lookin' athlete, has good height and runs well, a that large catch radius, and has very good hand/eye coordination (hands) from his first love, which was Hockey. Think of Guido as the type of big WR that you would see breaking/streaking free, with the puck, towards then net...he'll probably make the deep catch, just like he'd probably score the puck.

His Senior receiver stats would have been even larger if he played the position the fulll season. He filled in at QB when BCs starter got injured.

He has football in his family...his Grandpa (on his mothers side) played at Western, and coached the Griz. His Uncle on his mothers side, played for the Griz...his cousin on his mothers side played for the Griz...his cousin on his fathers side played for the Griz...Guidos's dad, Guy, was a good athlete, I played against him in HS back when BCstill played Butte. Guidos' mother, Missy (Melissa) is my cousin.

With hard work, I am hopeful Guido makes a big impact down the road.

By the way, if he does, I will feel fortunate the he picked going to UM for school, because they are a big Gonzaga family..

GO GRIZ

IntuitiveGriz said:
Guido Ossello is a good-lookin' athlete, has good height and runs well, a that large catch radius, and has very good hand/eye coordination (hands) from his first love, which was Hockey. Think of Guido as the type of big WR that you would see breaking/streaking free, with the puck, towards then net...he'll probably make the deep catch, just like he'd probably score the puck.

His Senior receiver stats would have been even larger if he played the position the fulll season. He filled in at QB when BCs starter got injured.

He has football in his family...his Grandpa (on his mothers side) played at Western, and coached the Griz. His Uncle on his mothers side, played for the Griz...his cousin on his mothers side played for the Griz...his cousin on his fathers side played for the Griz...Guidos's dad, Guy, was a good athlete, I played against him in HS back when BCstill played Butte. Guidos' mother, Missy (Melissa) is my cousin.

By the way, if he does, I will feel fortunate the he picked going to UM for school, because they are a big Gonzaga family..

GO GRIZ

Have to ask as a Canadian who went to school in Missoula. What's with this love of Butte thing? When I played rugby/soccer for Missoula we used to go and play in Butte. This is mid 80's but it kind of seemed like a dump. I brought my kids through there is 2015 and we looked at the pit but it still seemed kinda broke down. Is it like Sudbury in Canada, where it's trying to reinvent itself?

SaskGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

GO GRIZ

Have to ask as a Canadian who went to school in Missoula. What's with this love of Butte thing? When I played rugby/soccer for Missoula we used to go and play in Butte. This is mid 80's but it kind of seemed like a dump. I brought my kids through there is 2015 and we looked at the pit but it still seemed kinda broke down. Is it like Sudbury in Canada, where it's trying to reinvent itself?

One hour? One hour is all it took for someone to post something DUMBER than what I posted in the UW transfer thread? :x :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

GO GRIZ

One hour? One hour is all it took for someone to post something DUMBER than what I posted in the UW transfer thread? :x :lol:
LOL Good point! Do I win? probably not

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

GO GRIZ

No. No, you do not. You are awarded zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
SaskGriz said:

No. No, you do not. You are awarded zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
At no point did I come anywhere close to a rational coherent thought.

Back