• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Verbal: WR/TE Matt Simkins Butte, MT

Big kid I want to say 6’5 200+ coming in as a tight end is my guess. He is a good athlete as he’s very good at basketball too. Also has a twin brother. Love seeing Butte kids go to the Griz

griz4life said:
I didn't see Simpkins today. Any idea why?

Only three possibilities:

1- He is a walk-on
2- Paperwork error/ grade issue
3- He changed his mind

My guess is he is a walk-on

In yesterday's Class A State Basketball Semi-Finals in Billings, Matt Simkins, a Montana football commit, scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds.

His coach:. "Matt Simkins was absolutely unbelievable again,” Kelly said. “He’s been so good in these games that are must have. He just plays with so much intensity and so much intelligence. Everyone is wowed by what they see. Then there are so many things that people don’t understand that he does."

West 3 seed Butte Central defeated the defending state champs in Billings Central, then soundly defeated 1 seed Browning in the Semi's.

Coach Hauck projected Matt to be pretty good after some years in the weight room. My opinion he is going to be an athletic, pass-catching TE.

Back