Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
bigsky33

Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Post by bigsky33 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnist ... ign=LEEDCC

Paytonlives

Re: Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:02 pm

When is the Kaimen going to chill out...
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

signedbewildered
eGriz Club

Post by signedbewildered » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:08 pm

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... 931add6eba

Already being discussed in Kaimin thread. Couple things.....

This kid isn't with the Kaimin anymore.

The Missoulian absolutely LOVES to print "guest columns" like this. They can pretty much cleans their hands of what the writer says.

If you read the article a few times with a clear head, it does touch on some points and information you may have missed at first glance. (Not as bad as it seems) but......

This was written for instant shock factor over morning coffee and generally implies it is Haucks fault the UofM took a dive, and now Donors are the reason he is back.

Again, this is a guest column, opinion.

argh!
eGriz Club

Post by argh! » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm

i thought that was really poorly written.

having said that, don't forget that throughout the post-hauck years, many on here, including greenie and myself, thought the kaimin did a lot better job of being objective about griz football-related issues than the missoulian.

grizpack
eGriz Club

Post by grizpack » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm

So now we are going to have elections for the AD, President of the University, and our Coaches????

Good Christ.... How about we start having elections for professors, department chairs, deans, and editors of the student newspaper????

UMclassof2002
eGriz Club

Post by UMclassof2002 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:17 pm

A "journalist" calling out the unelected?

Flush.

jcu27

Post by jcu27 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Will this bullcrap ever stop? It's pretty old by now..
made by; meh

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... journalism

I just noticed on Twitter that he’s reporting a death threat regarding his opinion article within an hour of it being up. Wasn’t me.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

Ursus1
eGriz Club

Post by Ursus1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person

Raider
eGriz Club

Post by Raider » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

bigsky33 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm
Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.
We Are Montana Again!

ranco

Post by ranco » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Ursus1 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm
FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person
Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.

bigsky33

Post by bigsky33 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Raider wrote:
bigsky33 wrote:

You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.
Dude get a life. I see plenty of people replying. This stuff never ends in Missoula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursus1
eGriz Club

Post by Ursus1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:19 pm

ranco wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.

Thanks...condidering you are from Anaconda I consider that a high compliment ... and yes my Butte High school days were not very academically based.

BadlandsGrizFan

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Man...going after boosters now to keep this story burning....these guys are getting really pathetic.

Yes please stop giving the only thriving portion of our university money...
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!

BadlandsGrizFan

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm

bgbigdog wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... journalism

I just noticed on Twitter that he’s reporting a death threat regarding his opinion article within an hour of it being up. Wasn’t me.
Lolol...writes a story about Dickface.....claims to be real journalist.

garizzalies

Post by garizzalies » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:26 pm

He called WaGriz a hole in the ground. Thems fightin’ words

BadlandsGrizFan

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:27 pm

OMG somebody in Montana made billions off the mining industry....WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY!!!

garizzalies

Post by garizzalies » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm

grizpack wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 pm
So now we are going to have elections for the AD, President of the University, and our Coaches????

Good Christ.... How about we start having elections for professors, department chairs, deans, and editors of the student newspaper????
One of the dumbest things about mt is how we elect local judges. Should not be a politicized position at all

CFallsGriz
eGriz Club

Post by CFallsGriz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:55 pm

bigsky33 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm
Raider wrote:
bigsky33 wrote:

Dude get a life. I see plenty of people replying. This stuff never ends in Missoula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, you're right...
"If it's true that our species is alone in the Universe, then I'd have to say that the Universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin

IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club

Post by IntuitiveGriz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 pm

ranco wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
I am meeting my Butte (born and raised) friends in a couple hours for dinner and drinks. I will have to tell the MD and MS guys and gals that a mouth-breather from Anaconda looks down on them.
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!