• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoulian Guest Article-WOW

bigsky33

Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnists/the-unelected-power-behind-um/article_e0907de9-fd0b-5ad0-9425-bbb63019750f.html?utm_content=buffer9fb1e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78754&sid=40a70d762bb9e2b0dca87e931add6eba

Already being discussed in Kaimin thread. Couple things.....

This kid isn't with the Kaimin anymore.

The Missoulian absolutely LOVES to print "guest columns" like this. They can pretty much cleans their hands of what the writer says.

If you read the article a few times with a clear head, it does touch on some points and information you may have missed at first glance. (Not as bad as it seems) but......

This was written for instant shock factor over morning coffee and generally implies it is Haucks fault the UofM took a dive, and now Donors are the reason he is back.

Again, this is a guest column, opinion.

i thought that was really poorly written.

having said that, don't forget that throughout the post-hauck years, many on here, including greenie and myself, thought the kaimin did a lot better job of being objective about griz football-related issues than the missoulian.

So now we are going to have elections for the AD, President of the University, and our Coaches????

Good Christ.... How about we start having elections for professors, department chairs, deans, and editors of the student newspaper????

FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person

bigsky33 said:
Articles like this makes re-building the football program more of a challenge. It also casts a bad shadow on the University. This goes to far. Big donors are the lifeblood of college athletics. I would rather have money from big donors than using taxpayer money. I feel bad for you Grizzly fans that have people in the community that are so negative.

http://missoulian.com/opinion/columnists/the-unelected-power-behind-um/article_e0907de9-fd0b-5ad0-9425-bbb63019750f.html?utm_content=buffer9fb1e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.

Ursus1 said:
FYI author lives in Butte now maybe.....but he was home schooled by White Sulphur Spings. Don't let his crap writing be attributed to a real Butte person

Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.

Raider said:
bigsky33 said:

You “feel bad” and this “goes too far”, but you just couldn’t resist posting the article here ? Please dude.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but nobody is paying attention to this type of drivel anymore and its quickly becoming white noise.
Dude get a life. I see plenty of people replying. This stuff never ends in Missoula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ranco said:
Ursus1 said:

Being from Anaconda and knowing a lot of Butte rats, I always wondered about the quality of their education, but I have never met a Butte dude who was that ignorant.

Thanks...condidering you are from Anaconda I consider that a high compliment ... and yes my Butte High school days were not very academically based.

Man...going after boosters now to keep this story burning....these guys are getting really pathetic.

Yes please stop giving the only thriving portion of our university money...

grizpack said:
So now we are going to have elections for the AD, President of the University, and our Coaches????

Good Christ.... How about we start having elections for professors, department chairs, deans, and editors of the student newspaper????
One of the dumbest things about mt is how we elect local judges. Should not be a politicized position at all

bigsky33 said:
Raider said:
bigsky33 said:

Dude get a life. I see plenty of people replying. This stuff never ends in Missoula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, you're right...

ranco said:
Ursus1 said:

I am meeting my Butte (born and raised) friends in a couple hours for dinner and drinks. I will have to tell the MD and MS guys and gals that a mouth-breather from Anaconda looks down on them.

Back