• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring scrimmage 2018

It would be great to see the Griz on Wendy's Field at Daylis Stadium in Billings again. There is always great turnout, 5,000 plus, and a good time had by all.

Yukon said:
Dillon said:
I heard there Will Definitely be a spring scrimmage!

weather pending.

Make no mistake, the e-griz weather drama will be in full force one way or another.

Like the year it was supposedly 35 degrees and close to 0 with the wind chill, and yet somehow I was golfing in 60 degree weather across town in my shorts. That was one of my favorites.

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
I thought it was going to be in Kalispell.

Didn't BH say the spring scrimmage was in Kalispell in one of the interviews with Colon Nuance?

I thought I remember hearing that during an interview as well. Maybe he just knew it was "next".

AZDoc said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

Didn't BH say the spring scrimmage was in Kalispell in one of the interviews with Colon Nuance?

I thought I remember hearing that during an interview as well. Maybe he just knew it was "next".

Bobby is like a pope from the Middle Ages, infallible. Even if he misspoke and the game was originally scheduled to be in Missoula, Haslam better shovel his ass up to Kalispell and tell the local officials that they’re now hosting a game this spring.

Ursa Major said:
AZDoc said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

Bobby is like a pope from the Middle Ages, infallible. Even if he misspoke and the game was originally scheduled to be in Missoula, Haslam better shovel his ass up to Kalispell and tell the local officials that they’re now hosting a game this spring.

:lol:

Blgs Griz Fan said:
It would be great to see the Griz on Wendy's Field at Daylis Stadium in Billings again. There is always great turnout, 5,000 plus, and a good time had by all.
We've discussed it, but it's a ton of work and our aging Billings GSA group needs some younger blood to pull this off. I think we had 6000 at the last one and provided about 50 grand to the GSA.

Ursa Major said:
AZDoc said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol: 2018 POTY

kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
We've discussed it, but it's a ton of work and our aging Billings GSA group needs some younger blood to pull this off. I think we had 6000 at the last one and provided about 50 grand to the GSA.

JEEEEZ. 50K? We gotta get this thing back in Billings! Also, Helena is a good place since it is centrally located.

kemajic said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Have you considered working with some of the service groups and making it a community event featuring the Griz Spring Scrimmage? I met a number of non Griz at the last event that were there just to enjoy the day and watch great football.

The Griz attendance for Spring Games are largest in Missoula.

This thread from 2012, Egriz: http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=56924

by UofMGrizFan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 am

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/04/1 ... ance-mark/

Montana scrimmage sets FCS spring attendance mark

Missoula, MT – The University of Montana's spring football game last Saturday set a Football Championship Subdivision attendance record with 8,731 fans, the Big Sky Conference school announced Wednesday.

The 92-play scrimmage was played under the new lights at Washington-Grizzly Stadium.

The Grizzly Scholarship Association raised about $50,000 through the scrimmage, with all of the proceeds going toward UM's Athletic Facility Improvement Project.

The scrimmage showcased interim head coach Mick Delaney, who has replaced Robin Pflugrad after the university's recent investigation into alleged sexual assaults off campus, some involving football players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by BWahlberg » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 am

And we had more in attendance than what almost the rest of the conference averaged during the regular season.

I'd reserached this in the past and the best I could find was actually 5000 - which was set last year... in Billings, so we broke our own record, lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back