• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Egriz Informational Forum

PlayerRep

CDA, GG and I are organizing a forum. Some of the rest of you are welcome to join if you wish. We don't yet have a name for our group. Suggestions welcome.

One suggested title for the forum is: "Tackling the Culture of Athletic Myth and Misinformation in Missoula". Or, "Winning and Women: Are They Compatible?" Other suggestions are welcome.

The forum will be held in Dahlberg Arena, but there are backup plans to move it to Wash-Griz stadium if a larger venue is needed.

Of course, Missoula Rises and Lisa Davey will be invited. Whether Brint will be invited will depend on how he does at a certain prior forum.

Suggested topics and questions are welcome. Brint will be asked to invite written questions from Missoula Rises.

Since some of us have just helped the UM Dance Team raise $6,000 for them to go to the Big Sky Basketball Tourney in Reno, and the Team was able to book their flights today, the Team has agreed to be the forum's first sponsor. We are working on sponsorship from the Purple Dragons, a young up and coming team from Southern CA. We are looking for someone to approach the Missoulian for a sponsorship. Our first choice is Kyle Sample. Our second choice is Fritz Neighbor.

Oh! I got one! Scoring and Touchdowns: Unravelling the Perception of Athletic Sexual Misconduct.

I would be honored to attend, but I’ll need your high powered law firm to pay for travel and a babysitter... daddy’s broke!

Edit: upon further reflection I have come to the conclusion that I have invited myself at your expense... you have my humble apologies. As an act of contrition, I will purchase the first pitcher at the Mo Club.

“Liberalism is a mental disorder.”

Fly Micheal Savage and Ben Shapero in to lead the discussion.

Paytonlives said:
“Liberalism is a mental disorder.”

Fly Micheal Savage and Ben Shapero in to lead the discussion.

Might was well bring this man too..

Milo-yiannopoulos-Nimble-America.jpg

AZGrizFan said:
This thread has REAL promise. Well done, PR. Well done, indeed...

You are now on the panel. It was an omission that you weren't listed initially. Brint has been trying to fight his way onto the panel, but I've told him that we need to see how he does in the upcoming panel, even if it is only to determine whether he will sit on the right or left of center. Don't worry, because he certainly won't be over on the end by you. GG is bringing the Cold Smoke.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

You are now on the panel. It was an omission that you weren't listed initially. Brint has been trying to fight his way onto the panel, but I've told him that we need to see how he does in the upcoming panel, even if it is only to determine whether he will sit on the right or left of center. Don't worry, because he certainly won't be over on the end by you. GG is bringing the Cold Smoke.

IF (and that's a big if) he makes the final cut, he better be at the other end of the panel. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I accept my nomination onto the panel with all humility and I'll accept GG's Cold Smoke with great fervor!

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

IF (and that's a big if) he makes the final cut, he better be at the other end of the panel. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I accept my nomination onto the panel with all humility and I'll accept GG's Cold Smoke with great fervor!
I didn't know Cold Smoke was included
Hmm, OK, I accept. Whatever it is.

Type....delete....type....delete.

Dear God, what is this? A thread I'm hesitant to weigh in on? Never seen one before. I'm confused.

behappp said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I didn't know Cold Smoke was included
Hmm, OK, I accept. Whatever it is.
:lol: :lol: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
GGNez said:
But, for sure, the Cold Smoke is on me.

Hmmmm....Cold Smoke "on" GGNez....this is something I could get used to...

I'm gonna need pics, GG. :cool: :cool:

Just Google it.....they're all over the place online.

As if implementing athletes to take informational classes on this, tighter monitoring, reporting, etc is not enough. What is something like this supposed to accomplish for the athletes, teams, athletic department, community, etc ? I feel the U of M has done a great job in what already has been done and moving forward.

Honestly, how difficult is it to just emphasizing "Stay out of trouble", "make the right common sense decisions", etc? Seriously most of the adversity that has occurred within the athletic department and programs stemmed from bad decisions and/or not using common sense. I would hope that most 17 to 22 year old athletes can be expected to stay out of trouble and make common sense decisions. If not, maybe this society really is protecting kids from too many things as they are growing up.

I know damn well, by the time my friends and I were teenagers, our parents, teachers, coaches, etc had taught us enough that most of us could make common decisions and do everything possible to stay out of legal trouble situations.

I commend those taking the time and efforts needed for things like this. I just question, why is all this necessary or needed? Has our society really gotten this bad? Doesn't something like this even further having fans, and those not on the U of M payroll getting over involved, too close, etc?

mtgrizrule said:
As if implementing athletes to take informational classes on this, tighter monitoring, reporting, etc is not enough. What is something like this supposed to accomplish for the athletes, teams, athletic department, community, etc ? I feel the U of M has done a great job in what already has been done and moving forward.

Honestly, how difficult is it to just emphasizing "Stay out of trouble", "make the right common sense decisions", etc? Seriously most of the adversity that has occurred within the athletic department and programs stemmed from bad decisions and/or not using common sense. I would hope that most 17 to 22 year old athletes can be expected to stay out of trouble and make common sense decisions. If not, maybe this society really is protecting kids from too many things as they are growing up.

I know damn well, by the time my friends and I were teenagers, our parents, teachers, coaches, etc had taught us enough that most of us could make common decisions and do everything possible to stay out of legal trouble situations.

I commend those taking the time and efforts needed for things like this. I just question, why is all this necessary or needed? Has our society really gotten this bad? Doesn't something like this even further having fans, and those not on the U of M payroll getting over involved, too close, etc?

Wrong thread, perhaps, Mr. Serious? :lol: :lol:

Back