• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Egriz Informational Forum

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
As if implementing athletes to take informational classes on this, tighter monitoring, reporting, etc is not enough. What is something like this supposed to accomplish for the athletes, teams, athletic department, community, etc ? I feel the U of M has done a great job in what already has been done and moving forward.

Honestly, how difficult is it to just emphasizing "Stay out of trouble", "make the right common sense decisions", etc? Seriously most of the adversity that has occurred within the athletic department and programs stemmed from bad decisions and/or not using common sense. I would hope that most 17 to 22 year old athletes can be expected to stay out of trouble and make common sense decisions. If not, maybe this society really is protecting kids from too many things as they are growing up.

I know damn well, by the time my friends and I were teenagers, our parents, teachers, coaches, etc had taught us enough that most of us could make common decisions and do everything possible to stay out of legal trouble situations.

I commend those taking the time and efforts needed for things like this. I just question, why is all this necessary or needed? Has our society really gotten this bad? Doesn't something like this even further having fans, and those not on the U of M payroll getting over involved, too close, etc?

Wrong thread, perhaps, Mr. Serious? :lol: :lol:

Regardless of thread. It is concerning that our community, and GRIZ NATION as a whole feel these kind of groups are necessary. If anything, it opens up too many fans getting too close to the athletic department officials, coaches, players, etc. These things just seem a little to invasive and public now.

mtgrizrule said:
AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
As if implementing athletes to take informational classes on this, tighter monitoring, reporting, etc is not enough. What is something like this supposed to accomplish for the athletes, teams, athletic department, community, etc ? I feel the U of M has done a great job in what already has been done and moving forward.

Honestly, how difficult is it to just emphasizing "Stay out of trouble", "make the right common sense decisions", etc? Seriously most of the adversity that has occurred within the athletic department and programs stemmed from bad decisions and/or not using common sense. I would hope that most 17 to 22 year old athletes can be expected to stay out of trouble and make common sense decisions. If not, maybe this society really is protecting kids from too many things as they are growing up.

I know damn well, by the time my friends and I were teenagers, our parents, teachers, coaches, etc had taught us enough that most of us could make common decisions and do everything possible to stay out of legal trouble situations.

I commend those taking the time and efforts needed for things like this. I just question, why is all this necessary or needed? Has our society really gotten this bad? Doesn't something like this even further having fans, and those not on the U of M payroll getting over involved, too close, etc?

Wrong thread, perhaps, Mr. Serious? :lol: :lol:

Regardless of thread. It is concerning that our community, and GRIZ NATION as a whole feel these kind of groups are necessary. If anything, it opens up too many fans getting too close to the athletic department officials, coaches, players, etc. These things just seem a little to invasive and public now.

This is the thread you should be in.
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=79327

Your posting in the Monty Python version.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
This thread has REAL promise. Well done, PR. Well done, indeed...

You are now on the panel. It was an omission that you weren't listed initially. Brint has been trying to fight his way onto the panel, but I've told him that we need to see how he does in the upcoming panel, even if it is only to determine whether he will sit on the right or left of center. Don't worry, because he certainly won't be over on the end by you. GG is bringing the Cold Smoke.

Haha, oh man you realize some people are going to read this and take it seriously?

How the hell you got onto this 'forum' is a mystery. The new forum? A joke. Should have stayed as a eGriz poster, any way you look at it, your image is tarnished with at least HALF of those who care. Tool. :roll:

tourist said:
How the hell you got onto this 'forum' is a mystery. The new forum? A joke. Should have stayed as a eGriz poster, any way you look at it, your image is tarnished with at least HALF of those who care. Tool. :roll:

Not true.

It’s Brint’s ability to be reasonable and respectful to both sides and his understanding of the current culture that make him suitable for this. He’s one of very few on here I’d want representing Griz fans.

Many are simply confirming the image created by AG1.

Disagree. Your sales are going DOWN, Brint, because of your political stupidity, and this facade of neutrality. You took sides by agreeing to this 'forum.' Clearly left wing, zealots, hell bent on an agenda. This won't be forgotten by the 'other side.' You might start looking for a smaller, less opulant part of town, one which fits your new economic situation. Fool and tool.

tourist said:
Disagree. Your sales are going DOWN, Brint, because of your political stupidity, and this facade of neutrality. You took sides by agreeing to this 'forum.' Clearly left wing, zealots, hell bent on an agenda. This won't be forgotten by the 'other side.' You might start looking for a smaller, less opulant part of town, one which fits your new economic situation. Fool and tool.

While I'm sure that Brint is quaking in his boots now that you've told him of his impending downfall, this is ridiculous.

He's joining the UM AD, President and Head Coach to represent Grizzly Football. And he'll do it well, I have no doubt.

Back to the political demonizing of left v right....SOOO boring and unintelligent. Come on, man.

The tribalism displayed by you and others on the extreme fringe is fascinating, I will say. I definitely felt that the anti-Hauck crowd saw my support of Hauck as a bigger betrayal due to my gender and progressive politics. Clearly, you feel Brint is betraying some manly man code that is supposed to be adhered to by all. :roll:

Interesting from a psychological standpoint, but tiresome and outdated.

BWahlberg said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
This thread has REAL promise. Well done, PR. Well done, indeed...

You are now on the panel. It was an omission that you weren't listed initially. Brint has been trying to fight his way onto the panel, but I've told him that we need to see how he does in the upcoming panel, even if it is only to determine whether he will sit on the right or left of center. Don't worry, because he certainly won't be over on the end by you. GG is bringing the Cold Smoke.

Haha, oh man you realize some people are going to read this and take it seriously?

I've taken it seriously, and I FuC*ing love this thread. When/where?

GGNez said:
tourist said:
Disagree. Your sales are going DOWN, Brint, because of your political stupidity, and this facade of neutrality, gawd!. You took sides by agreeing to this 'forum.' Clearly left wing, zealots, hell bent on an agenda. This won't be forgotten by the 'other side.' You might start looking for a smaller, less opulant part of town, one which fits your new economic situation. Fool and tool.

While I'm sure that Brint is quaking in his boots now that you've told him of his impending downfall, this is ridiculous.

He's joining the UM AD, President and Head Coach to represent Grizzly Football. And he'll do it well, I have no doubt.

Back to the political demonizing of left v right....SOOO boring and unintelligent. Come on, man.

The tribalism displayed by you and others on the extreme fringe is fascinating, I will say. I definitely felt that the anti-Hauck crowd saw my support of Hauck as a bigger betrayal due to my gender and progressive politics. Clearly, you feel Brint is betraying some manly man code that is supposed to be adhered to by all. :roll:

Please, don't play the 'psych' card on me, I have many years experience in this area. If your side dumps on you for supporting BH, perhaps you need to reevlauate you position. Brint, by taking sides, alienated a large customer base. Fact. No manly code. You are one of the most articulate posters on this board. Perhaps, in 20 years, you,ll remember this time and think. ' that old fart was right.' Then, I can look down, or up, and say ,'I told ya so!' :thumb:

I really have nothing to contribute to this thread. I just want to know where the Cold Smoke is going to be and if there are hot springs in the setting...

Hmmm.....fear mongering, paranoia, blind faith, name calling seems to fit well in ‘Merica. Sorry to see a sports board become lathered up.

I have faith that Bodnar, Haack, and Haslam will succinctly represent the best of UM and not trash anyone’s right to express thoughts, ideas and opinions.

tourist said:
GGNez said:
tourist said:
Disagree. Your sales are going DOWN, Brint, because of your political stupidity, and this facade of neutrality, gawd!. You took sides by agreeing to this 'forum.' Clearly left wing, zealots, hell bent on an agenda. This won't be forgotten by the 'other side.' You might start looking for a smaller, less opulant part of town, one which fits your new economic situation. Fool and tool.

Please, don't play the 'psych' card on me, I have many years experience in this area. If your side dumps on you for supporting BH, perhaps you need to reevlauate you position. Brint, by taking sides, alienated a large customer base. Fact. No manly code. You are one of the most articulate posters on this board. Perhaps, in 20 years, you,ll remember this time and think. ' that old fart was right.' Then, I can look down, or up, and say ,'I told ya so!' :thumb:

Well fuck, tourist, you've ruined my compulsion to use my "super-sassy sarcasm" card on you by throwing in a compliment. Thank you.

I just think that what the gentlemen are trying to do is begin to put a stop to the "my side-their side" rhetoric. They're building a bridge, being respectful and cooperative, doing what people who exist together in a community should do. I don't feel that "my side" dumped on me. I feel like a couple of radical individuals from each side had a very strong, negative reaction to my support for Hauck. Most everyone else supports my right to my own opinions, as I do theirs.

by tourist » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm
Brint, by taking sides, alienated a large customer base.

Really, in progressive oriented Missoula just what percentage of the population do you think he has alienated. I would suggest you study some demographics within the city limits of Missoula. And then consider that only maybe 1 percent give a crap about this stuff. My guess is that if people bought houses based on the political persuasions of their realtor then Brint, who seems to be pretty middle of the road to me, will do just fine and maybe get a client or two. Move to an even bigger house. He's got it going dude.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
I really have nothing to contribute to this thread. I just want to know where the Cold Smoke is going to be and if there are hot springs in the setting...

Rumor has it that it will be literally "on" me. It's unconfirmed.

Hot springs confirmed.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

it’s going to be “on” GG...or so I was told.

GGNez said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Hot springs confirmed.

Which hot springs? Hot Springs? Quinns? Lolo? I know of several in and around Yellowstone...or just a bunch of hot tubs by the stadium? Something to get a certain segment of the local community concerned about...😉

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GGNez said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Hot springs confirmed.

Which hot springs? Hot Springs? Quinns? Lolo? I know of several in and around Yellowstone...or just a bunch of hot tubs by the stadium? Something to get a certain segment of the local community concerned about...😉

The latter...we want to keep the event in Missoula. Essentially, it will look much like any Saturday in the fall, except, the street around the stadium will be lined with hot tubs rather than busses and RVs. A few of the larger, closest tailgate spots will also have several hot tubs in place. No-host bar near the stadium entrance.

sdk.catfish said:
by tourist » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm
Brint, by taking sides, alienated a large customer base.

Really, in progressive oriented Missoula just what percentage of the population do you think he has alienated. I would suggest you study some demographics within the city limits of Missoula. And then consider that only maybe 1 percent give a crap about this stuff. My guess is that if people bought houses based on the political persuasions of their realtor then Brint, who seems to be pretty middle of the road to me, will do just fine and maybe get a client or two. Move to an even bigger house. He's got it going dude.

:lol: :lol: I have been gone from Missoula for a LONG time. Forgot how left wing this formerly conservative town has become. Sad. You are probably right. Times change.

Sounds a little goofy to me there are already more organizations, like this, out there than are needed! Count me out!

Back