• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Football enough For the Off-Season? You Decide

GGNez

DONOR
Recent conversations here and publicly have addressed online trolls and loose rules/boundaries in football forums. I found this article interesting and on topic.

I'd love to have a conversation here about this. Let me emphasize: I'M AS SICK OF TALKING ABOUT SHE-WHO-I-WILL-NOT-NAME and all of the stuff that can be found in 8 other threads elsewhere as you are. I'm here for humor, respectful debates, and sports. Just so happens I returned in the midst of scandal and division. In rewriting a Grizzly Football book with a decade of new knowledge and experiences, I intend to include things about the nature of forum dialogue; fake and multiple profiles, uncharacteristic hostility, censorship, etc.

Anyone interested in talking about this without calling anyone out specifically? Maybe even respectfully?

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...te-reveals-what-makes-us-become-nasty-trolls/

“If you create a social norm of increased civility, it becomes a virtuous cycle,” says Joinson. “There’s not necessarily an inbuilt tendency to be aggressive to other people or impolite. It’s about what other people are doing.”

I want to talk about Grizzlies football and everything that pertains to the football team and the fans of football on this forum. There are other forums for everything else people want to discuss.

Go Griz!

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Im here because the psychos on this forum make me feel better about myself as a human.

POTY candidate. I think that's the same reason I watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on tv :)

reinell30 said:
I want to talk about Grizzlies football and everything that pertains to the football team and the fans of football on this forum. There are other forums for everything else people want to discuss.

Go Griz!

:thumb:

I understand. I've amassed quite a collection - the exceptionally witty, in-depth stats, multiple "personalities", always hostile, stuff that pisses off the general public, drunk posts (only mine, can I be sure, but some seem obvious), etc. It's all really good info and common everywhere. Since it's the football coach taking the heat for posters, and the "data" is going into a football book....I posted here.

I’m here to observe how screwed up it is as compared to my years at UM. Hopefully, now, we can return to football and somewhat normal times.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
I’m here to observe how screwed up it is as compared to my years at UM. Hopefully, now, we can return to football and somewhat normal times.

I laughed...your years...somewhat normal...
Well, normal as in a focus on other matters....🤫

Back