• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dalton Sneed qb1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can say with 100% certainty that Hauck & Rosey are working to have at least three guys in a position to contribute as the QB this season. With recent history as an indicator, they’re going to need them.

Ps. The all wear the same team colors, play for the same team, run the same offense, need I go on?

I would think most people on this board are confident Jensen will be QB1 to start the season based on his performance last year. That is not a knock on Sneed, just a reflection of Jensen's great play as a freshman who didn't even have starter reps in practice until Phillips went down.

That being said, if Sneed is the better choice in terms of not just athletic ability, but leadership, poise and ability to direct the offense, then absolutely he should be the starter. It would be great to have two solid QBs on the roster and as others have mentioned, they are both Griz and we want both to succeed. Looking forward to seeing both QBs this spring & fall.

GRIZFAN20 said:
I would think most people on this board are confident Jensen will be QB1 to start the season based on his performance last year. That is not a knock on Sneed, just a reflection of Jensen's great play as a freshman who didn't even have starter reps in practice until Phillips went down.

That being said, if Sneed is the better choice in terms of not just athletic ability, but leadership, poise and ability to direct the offense, then absolutely he should be the starter. It would be great to have two solid QBs on the roster and as others have mentioned, they are both Griz and we want both to succeed. Looking forward to seeing both QBs this spring & fall.

I agree, that's more what I was trying to get to, though my post seemed anti-Sneed, that is not so, I'm pro whoever can get the Griz to Texas.........

GAnon said:
I have no angle.

Sneed will surprise a lot of people this spring. Dynamic competitive playmaker.

I honestly don't understand the backlash against Sneed by some posters on here. If he opens in the UNI game this fall as QB1 that means he's successfully beat out Jensen. As Griz fans we've all seen and know what Gresch is about and that he's a good QB and has damned great potential to get even better, as evidenced by his body of work last season and his recognition for being in the discussion for freshman of the year.

Assuming that Sneed beats him for the job that means Sneed is BETTER than Gresch - which would be incredible for this team!

I personally think it's too early to judge, but if it happens then hell yeah, we're in awesome shape at QB.

BWahlberg said:
GAnon said:
I have no angle.

Sneed will surprise a lot of people this spring. Dynamic competitive playmaker.

I honestly don't understand the backlash against Sneed by some posters on here. If he opens in the UNI game this fall as QB1 that means he's successfully beat out Jensen. As Griz fans we've all seen and know what Gresch is about and that he's a good QB and has damned great potential to get even better, as evidenced by his body of work last season and his recognition for being in the discussion for freshman of the year.

Assuming that Sneed beats him for the job that means Sneed is BETTER than Gresch - which would be incredible for this team!

I personally think it's too early to judge, but if it happens then hell yeah, we're in awesome shape at QB.

I agree with all that you said. However, my response was more in challenging what the original poster stated as opposed to having any issues at all with Sneed himself. Sneed definitely has some abilities and will make the QB competition greater, which makes everyone better so that's a win-win.

My bigger issue was the original poster stating that Sneed would be QB1 as if it were fact. When people make statements like that on this board sometimes they get taken as Bible when there is no way to know if that will truly be the case. From everything I've seen and heard Gresch is outplaying him, so the OP statement was very bold IMO.

My thoughts are it doesn't matter. I would hope they are Grizzly teammates first and foremost! Gresch is more familiar with the hold over players and Dalton is more familiar with Hauck and Rosey so both bring different strengths to the position... Both can learn a great deal from the other who starts and who is #2 doesn't really matter! We have went as far deep as #3 and #4, due to injuries, the last couple of years so I would hope they join forces and support one another from the start... By the time we play UNI they will have determined who will start but it doesn't really mean much, who does and who doesn't!!! ... Both will add greatly, to our football team. I'm confident in whoever the coaches go with it means very little who is one and two! both are just as important to the team and both will play a ton. Let's get over the #1 and#2 nonsense... Look at this years super bowl MVP. He was the backup all year but was the best man on the field for the ultimate game when it mattered! The super bowl. Because he was a team player and made the best of his opportunity The Eagles are world champions!! Go Griz!

i_the_sky said:
My thoughts are it doesn't matter. I would hope they are Grizzly teammates first and foremost! Gresch is more familiar with the hold over players and Dalton is more familiar with Hauck and Rosey so both bring different strengths to the position... Both can learn a great deal from the other who starts and who is #2 doesn't really matter! We have went as far deep as #3 and #4, due to injuries, the last couple of years so I would hope they join forces and support one another from the start... By the time we play UNI they will have determined who will start but it doesn't really mean much, who does and who doesn't!!! ... Both will add greatly, to our football team. I'm confident in whoever the coaches go with it means very little who is one and two! both are just as important to the team and both will play a ton. Let's get over the #1 and#2 nonsense... Look at this years super bowl MVP. He was the backup all year but was the best man on the field for the ultimate game when it mattered! The super bowl. Because he was a team player and made the best of his opportunity The Eagles are world champions!! Go Griz!

Actually, Jensen and Sneed have played for Hauck and Rosie the EXACT same amount of days. Sneed never played for them. He was recruited by them, but, being familiar with them in recruiting and playing for them are two totally different things. IN fact, they're not even close.

Chet_Ripley said:
GAnon said:
Sneed will surprise a lot of people this spring.

Hopefully he surprises Buss and is in attendance at any and all meetings.

doubt Josh is questioning Sneed’s commitment or abilities now. hes been shreading this defense.

Gresch is a proven commodity. For those unaware of his performances, check out the archived stories Griz 2017 MVPS. "In seven games as a starter, Jensen became one of the top passers in the Nation, and the best freshman QB to ever play for the Grizzlies. He is also first freshman in Montana history to receive the Steve Carlson MVP award." These are Facts, not opinions and wishes!
:)

George Ferguson said:
i_the_sky said:

Actually, Jensen and Sneed have played for Hauck and Rosie the EXACT same amount of days. Sneed never played for them. He was recruited by them, but, being familiar with them in recruiting and playing for them are two totally different things. IN fact, they're not even close.

Sounds like a guy who’s got no clue what he’s talking about.

Wow! We can only hope that the Griz have two guys at the QB position who can become essentially interchangeable. My recollection of Hauck's coaching style (modified by his time at SDSU, forget UNLV) is that he wants one guy in charge. But football history has shown, at every level, that "putting all your eggs in one basket" is a formula for disaster. Coaches handle it in different ways, but you better damn well have a capable backup ready to go. The Foles example for Phillie was a huge anomaly. Most times, when the prime QB goes down hard and the backup doesn't even halfway step up, the season is over for that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back