• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who Would You Nominate?

GGNez

DONOR
There was discussion at the MT HOF regarding the criteria for being inducted. In order to be eligible, it has to be 5 years past a player's last year of professional football played (NFL or CFL) or immediately upon retirement if their professional career was 10 years or longer. The player must have played at least 2 years in a MT high school or at least 1 year at a MT college. Coaches, managers, trainers, broadcasters, agents, and AD's can be nominated as contributors.

Who would you nominate? I did nominate someone for 2019 and I'm curious to see if anyone else mentions him.

Agree with 71 and Mav about Mick, but he's on the selection committee which I'm fairly sure disqualifies him.

Loved watching Petek play.

Not sure Petek would qualify for HOF criteria http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/former-grizzly-football-player-petek-sentenced-in-billings-drug-case/article_06aaf2c8-4374-11df-a01f-001cc4c002e0.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a list of existing already elected members?

I'd love to see the likes of Reynolds, Anderson, Biermann, Schillinger, Tuff Harris, Dan Carpenter, Lex, Mariani, Tripp, Coyle.

What an impressive list this is. Who was the head coach that recruited and/or built these guys up? It would be terrific if we could have that coach back and return the GRIZ to dominance. That will never happen though. :)

mtgrizrule said:
Is there a list of existing already elected members?

I'd love to see the likes of Reynolds, Anderson, Biermann, Schillinger, Tuff Harris, Dan Carpenter, Lex, Mariani, Tripp, Coyle.

What an impressive list this is. Who was the head coach that recruited and/or built these guys up? It would be terrific if we could have that coach back and return the GRIZ to dominance. That will never happen though. :)

This was the third year of the MT Football HOF.

In 2016, the inductees were Allyn Sonny Holland, Kane Loane, Harvey Munford, Jan Stenerud, Bill Lazetich, Pete Lazetich, Milan Lazetich, Pat Donovan, Brian Salonen, Mitch Donahue, Dave Dickenson, Chris Horn and Tuff Harris.

In 2017, the inductees were Dennis Erickson, Harley Lewis, Naseby Rhinehart, Bob O'Billovich, Mike Tilleman, Bill Kollar, Kirk Scrafford, Tim Hauck, Dwan Edwards, William Kelly and Aldo Forte.

Each year, past inductees are invited back to attend the banquet so several of them were there last weekend. I'm told the crowd has grown each time. There were just under 500. Hopefully it will continue to get bigger and better. Lots of Bobcats inducted initially, but more Griz this time. They try to pick from several different decades of the past.

WaGriz4life said:
Trumaine Johnson

The end of their professional career has to be 5 years or more in the past in order to qualify. I fully expect Tru will end up in the MT Football HOF eventually.

sdk.catfish said:
If you look at the impact one person has had on a football program then it has to be ................ Royce E
We’re talking hall of fame, not hall of shame!

Back