• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Same amount of banners Bobby has hung in your championship center...

Do you mean the one that we have, that actually exists, that has actual championships on display, and isn't called the Hall of Full Collapses and Early Extensions? That one?

Yep. That one, the one next to the failing school.

Fair, because this is the "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS and the Current Enrollment of Extremely Regional State Funded Universities" forum. Dude, you're a very rational poster. You guys needlessly and preemptively extended the contract of a guy who has never had a winning season, ever. That cannot make sense to you. It just can't.

No..It doesn't. It bothers me that we jump to extend just because we feel hope, but not wins. It bothers me that we lose games we should win, and at the same time feel great about winning games we should have lost...It all bothers me. But remember Red...Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Do you mean the one that we have, that actually exists, that has actual championships on display, and isn't called the Hall of Full Collapses and Early Extensions? That one?

Fair, because this is the "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS and the Current Enrollment of Extremely Regional State Funded Universities" forum. Dude, you're a very rational poster. You guys needlessly and preemptively extended the contract of a guy who has never had a winning season, ever. That cannot make sense to you. It just can't.

No..It doesn't. It bothers me that we jump to extend just because we feel hope, but not wins. It bothers me that we lose games we should win, and at the same time feel great about winning games we should have lost...It all bothers me. But remember Red...Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Fair. Stern, but fair. Like the Russian Police. For you, I hope the turf in the SE endzone is as blue as I picture it my dreams, though it will likely be due to the chemical treatment in the shit pond. You guys should really name that thing, BTW. As another suggested moons ago, "The Settling Pond" has a decent ring.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Same amount of banners Bobby has hung in your championship center...

He’s 7-3 in the last ten conference games. But if we if throw out the two jiz beatdowns (come on now, those aren’t quality wins by any objective measure) he’s still at 5-3.

If the scats can reach the .500 mark under Choate, the are going to rename the town
from Bozo to Chokeville. Congrats.

Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

He’s 7-3 in the last ten conference games. But if we if throw out the two jiz beatdowns (come on now, those aren’t quality wins by any objective measure) he’s still at 5-3.

Interesting 7-3 conf stat. One of the reasons for an extension. I would have extended Choate in a heartbeat. Many positive signs.

I find it interesting that some Griz fans who supported extending Stitt last year, but are making fun of the Choate extension. Oh, the irony. Supporting a coach taking a team from top 12 and 8, and 2 years of playoffs and wins over Cats, to not in the top 30, and back to back Cat losses and no playoffs--over a coach taking his team upward and to a 7-3 conference record and back to back wins over the Griz.

Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I heard he went undefeated in the last 12.3 quarters played between 2 and 3 in the afternoon below the 48th parallel against teams with names on their jerseys, but I don't really have a quick way of checking because it's a stupid made up fucking stat that only an idiot would cite to gauge the merit of a head ball coach.

PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

Interesting 7-3 conf stat. One of the reasons for an extension. I would have extended Choate in a heartbeat. Many positive signs.

I find it interesting that some Griz fans who supported extending Stitt last year, but are making fun of the Choate extension. Oh, the irony. Supporting a coach taking a team from top 12 and 8, and 2 years of playoffs and wins over Cats, to not in the top 30, and back to back Cat losses and no playoffs--over a coach taking his team upward and to a 7-3 conference record and back to back wins over the Griz.

PR, I think it would make perfect sense to extend Choate's contract after this season if they were happy with the three-year results in Bozeman. I didn't and don't see the point in preemptively extending a losing HC to, what, keep him in town? Was he being lured by a Big 12 gig at 9-13? Just didn't make sense.

When coaches are believed by the AD, former players, big boosters, fans, administrators, etc. to be making good progress in improving and building a program, they are renewed early all the time. It shows confidence in the coach and the direction he is headed. It helps with recruiting and asst coach stability.

The 7-3 conf stat is fairly impressive. The 2 wins in a row over the Griz are important.

"Results" are measured in more things than just wins, but obviously wins are important.

To me, extension was a no-brainer.

Who from the Big Sky has ever been lured to a Big 12 gig?

I heard some UM boosters say recently that UM should have hired Choate instead of Stitt. Don't know what the circumstances were.

PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

Who are you talking about? I can’t think of a single poster who fits that criteria. Ironic indeed

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Who are you talking about? I can’t think of a single poster who fits that criteria. Ironic indeed

AZ? CDA? Many of the Stitt supporters are in this category.

Think Stitt was 6-7 in conference after mid-season in 2016.

Look at all the fans who wanted to extend Stitt coming into the Cat game. Would have been 6-6 then.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Everyone that has responded with a serious post......FU
Everyone that has responded with humor and/or sarcasm.....I applaud you.

Agreed......This had the potential to be a really fun thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:

His actual conference record is 7-9 , way to cherry pick stats. Pretty impressive.

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:

AZ? CDA? Many of the Stitt supporters are in this category.

Whoa, whoa, haha! I was a Stitt supporter when he was the HC of the UM Grizzlies. We definitely made an upgrade.

PlayerRep said:
When coaches are believed by the AD, former players, big boosters, fans, administrators, etc. to be making good progress in improving and building a program, they are renewed early all the time. It shows confidence in the coach and the direction he is headed. It helps with recruiting and asst coach stability.

The 7-3 conf stat is fairly impressive. The 2 wins in a row over the Griz are important.

"Results" are measured in more things than just wins, but obviously wins are important.

To me, extension was a no-brainer.

Who from the Big Sky has ever been lured to a Big 12 gig?

I heard some UM boosters say recently that UM should have hired Choate instead of Stitt. Don't know what the circumstances were.

Fair enough, but I think of it like this: If he tanks this season, they will likely want to get rid of him.
If he succeeds this season, the extension would be just as ready to sign after the 2018 campaign.
I definitely would agree with signing him up early if his first two years were stellar.
They were not.

catsack said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:

His actual conference record is 7-9 , way to cherry pick stats. Pretty impressive.

I wasn't cherry picking. It's called trend analysis. I chose the last TEN conference games because that's when MSU got its first conference win under Choate. If MSU had gotten the two-pt conversion against NAU his last ten conference record would be 8-2 and he'd still have a losing total record. Normal people and people who have common sense can see MSU is trending the right way. And then there's you, which is an entirely different discussion.

Besides, how is it different when you completely ignore Hauck's record at UNLV when arriving at your conclusion that he will leave nothing but a smoldering pile of rubble in his wake? The reality is Hauck's trend as a head coach is not good.

If this still doesn't make any sense, then maybe I could scrounge up a box of crayons and draw a picture for you.

Cledus said:
catsack said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:

I wasn't cherry picking. It's called trend analysis. I chose the last TEN conference games because that's when MSU got its first conference win under Choate. If MSU had gotten the two-pt conversion against NAU his last ten conference record would be 8-2 and he'd still have a losing total record. Normal people and people who have common sense can see MSU is trending the right way. And then there's you, which is an entirely different discussion.

Besides, how is it different when you completely ignore Hauck's record at UNLV when arriving at your conclusion that he will leave nothing but a smoldering pile of rubble in his wake? The reality is Hauck's trend as a head coach is not good.

If this still doesn't make any sense, then maybe I could scrounge up a box of crayons and draw a picture for you.

UNLV is not UM, and Choaeches's record is 9-13.

Cledus said:
catsack said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:

Only if they could’ve scored a few more points, his record would be special! If could be used in lots of games it would change every teams record only IF! Lol

Back