• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

catsack said:
Cledus said:
catsack said:
garizzalies said:
Who are you talking about? I can’t think of a single poster who fits that criteria. Ironic indeed
His actual conference record is 7-9 , way to cherry pick stats. Pretty impressive.

I wasn't cherry picking. It's called trend analysis. I chose the last TEN conference games because that's when MSU got its first conference win under Choate. If MSU had gotten the two-pt conversion against NAU his last ten conference record would be 8-2 and he'd still have a losing total record. Normal people and people who have common sense can see MSU is trending the right way. And then there's you, which is an entirely different discussion.

Besides, how is it different when you completely ignore Hauck's record at UNLV when arriving at your conclusion that he will leave nothing but a smoldering pile of rubble in his wake? The reality is Hauck's trend as a head coach is not good.

If this still doesn't make any sense, then maybe I could scrounge up a box of crayons and draw a picture for you.

Only if they could’ve scored a few more points, his record would be special! If could be used in lots of games it would change every teams record only IF! Lol

There are no Cats fans that fit either of these categories.

After I read what Choate said I had to come over here and check the reaction out. Of course it didn’t disappoint, 3 pages in already.
I really do respect a good amount of the posters on this site, but the irony is too good. Just last week Payton was on BobcatNation trying to stir things up and then after he got some reactions, he posted with the typical “cats fans are too easy”.
Clearly it both goes ways...

Or Bobcat nation does not have the ability to get three pages of reaction from fans? If BH had made similar comments what would have been the reaction on BN? Likely minimal. Just a matter of numbers really.

You are wrong Saccat when you say hope is maybe the best of things! Love is the best of things! WE LOVE THE GRIZ!! You guy's hope for a winning season and a trip to the playoffs under a coach who has done neither since he's been there! One has to wonder where the Cat's would be if they did not have Ty Gregorak?

We refused to retain a guy who did have a winning record and got to the playoffs because we love the Griz and expect, even demand better than he produced.

Two questions for anyone to answer:

Which was/is the better fit, Stitt or Choate?

Secondly, and this has been asked before, Which would you rather have, a playoff berth or a win over your hated rival? Both is not an acceptable answer.

BTW, I do think extending Coach Choate's contract was the right choice.

Copper Griz said:
Or Bobcat nation does not have the ability to get three pages of reaction from fans? If BH had made similar comments what would have been the reaction on BN? Likely minimal. Just a matter of numbers really.

Yes there are more posters on here than Bobcat nation. Also not near the point...

Gaeilge1 said:
Two questions for anyone to answer:

Which was/is the better fit, Stitt or Choate?

Secondly, and this has been asked before, Which would you rather have, a playoff berth or a win over your hated rival? Both is not an acceptable answer.

BTW, I do think extending Coach Choate's contract was the right choice.

I asked that exact question in a poll here last winter and the answer overwhelmingly was deep playoff runs...

Gaeilge1 said:
I knew that to be the case. My intent was to have the Cat trolls on this thread chime in.

Funny to see these posts on here. Really shows that these Griz posters are worried about what Choate is building in Bozeman. Especially after he put up two good wins already over the Griz during rebuilding years. Cannot wait until next season and see the Cats dominate the Big Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cledus said:
catsack said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Interesting 7-3 conf stat. One of the reasons for an extension. I would have extended Choate in a heartbeat. Many positive signs.

I find it interesting that some Griz fans who supported extending Stitt last year, but are making fun of the Choate extension. Oh, the irony. Supporting a coach taking a team from top 12 and 8, and 2 years of playoffs and wins over Cats, to not in the top 30, and back to back Cat losses and no playoffs--over a coach taking his team upward and to a 7-3 conference record and back to back wins over the Griz.
Who are you talking about? I can’t think of a single poster who fits that criteria. Ironic indeed
His actual conference record is 7-9 , way to cherry pick stats. Pretty impressive.

I wasn't cherry picking. It's called trend analysis. I chose the last TEN conference games because that's when MSU got its first conference win under Choate. If MSU had gotten the two-pt conversion against NAU his last ten conference record would be 8-2 and he'd still have a losing total record. Normal people and people who have common sense can see MSU is trending the right way. And then there's you, which is an entirely different discussion.

Besides, how is it different when you completely ignore Hauck's record at UNLV when arriving at your conclusion that he will leave nothing but a smoldering pile of rubble in his wake? The reality is Hauck's trend as a head coach is not good.

If this still doesn't make any sense, then maybe I could scrounge up a box of crayons and draw a picture for you.
:lol: I'm sorry, but this is...by definition...cherry picking. :lol:

I know I'm a little late to this party, but if you like trend analysis, here are some other pertinent stats provided without commentary:

The only team with a winning record Choate's teams have ever beaten is us.
The combined record of the other 5 teams he beat in conference since he got his first win is 13-41 (24%).
Those teams were the #10 (PSU '16), #11 (UND '17), #13 (PSU '17), #10 (UNCO '17), and #9 (ISU '17) overall teams in the Big Sky in their respective year.

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:
He’s 7-3 in the last ten conference games. But if we if throw out the two jiz beatdowns (come on now, those aren’t quality wins by any objective measure) he’s still at 5-3.

Interesting 7-3 conf stat. One of the reasons for an extension. I would have extended Choate in a heartbeat. Many positive signs.

I find it interesting that some Griz fans who supported extending Stitt last year, but are making fun of the Choate extension. Oh, the irony. Supporting a coach taking a team from top 12 and 8, and 2 years of playoffs and wins over Cats, to not in the top 30, and back to back Cat losses and no playoffs--over a coach taking his team upward and to a 7-3 conference record and back to back wins over the Griz.

AZ? CDA? Many of the Stitt supporters are in this category.

Oh fuck off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

uofmman1122 said:
Cledus said:
catsack said:
garizzalies said:

I know I'm a little late to this party, but if you like trend analysis, here are some other pertinent stats provided without commentary:

The combined record of the other 5 teams he beat in conference since he got his first win is 13-41 (24%).
Those teams were the #10 (PSU '16), #11 (UND '17), #13 (PSU '17), #10 (UNCO '17), and #9 (ISU '17) overall teams in the Big Sky in their respective year.

Wow. But what about the culture that he changed? He changed it from a winning program to a losing program. Ron Ash went 70-38 and was shown the door. Chantch went 9-13 and was given the keys to the NE end zone equipment sheds. Him chirping the Griz about it might be the most Bobcat thing ever done.

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
Cledus said:
catsack said:

Wow. But what about the culture that he changed? He changed it from a winning program to a losing program. Ron Ash went 70-38 and was shown the door. Chantch went 9-13 and was given the keys to the NE end zone equipment sheds. Him chirping the Griz about it might be the most Bobcat thing ever done.
28eqxa.jpg

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:

Oh f*** off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

You guaranteed Stitt would be re-hired. Nice call.

You just can't get over being so wrong about Stitt.

Below is from my firm bio. Looks like most people and publications don't agree with your view. Not surprising given your view that Stitt would be re-upped no matter what.

Named "Missoula Corporate Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers©, 2018
Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2011-2017 (Star Individual)
Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2012, 2014-2017
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (1999 – 2018 editions)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© Who’s Who Legal 2006 – Corporate Governance

bigsky33 said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I knew that to be the case. My intent was to have the Cat trolls on this thread chime in.

Funny to see these posts on here. Really shows that these Griz posters are worried about what Choate is building in Bozeman. Especially after he put up two good wins already over the Griz during rebuilding years. Cannot wait until next season and see the Cats dominate the Big Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigsky,
I like what Choate has done so far and I think he could have a potentially very good year next year. Dominate? Not sure about that. Can you go through your schedule amd post your predictions for wins/losses for next year?

uofmman1122 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
Cledus said:

28eqxa.jpg

Going POTY nomination on this one. I don't hand those out frequently. Fine, fine work.
:clap:

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

Oh f*** off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

Below is from my firm bio. Looks like most people and publications don't agree with your view. Not surprising given your view that Stitt would be re-upped no matter what.

Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2011-2017 (Star Individual)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© Who’s Who Legal 2006 – Corporate Governance

Yeah, AZ, we can all disagree about things without going after one another's ticket.
That's all I will say on it.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

In reality, all these accolades only define you as a super asshole.

Hey, have you been working out in prep for our tackling drills at the Mo Club. I would find great delight in putting a lawyer through a wall. :lol: :lol:

What you want to put a guy who graduated from college in 1971 through a wall? Jesus dude don’t embarrass yourself. Were you a Stitt guy also?

OK mofo's. I bought the building my business is in and have spent the last 2 months remodeling. I am tired and it is now 2:27 am and since I own the building, I now drink while I remodel. That being said, I and now going to commence with a drunk post.

I don't give a f*ck what Choate said last night. I don't give f*ck about what Bobby has said. All I know is that the cat fan's have given up on the beavis and butthead jokes because it is now obvious that Bobby looks like Beavis and no fan base wants to call their coach Butthead.

Back