• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

grizatwork said:
OK mofo's. I bought the building my business is in and have spent the last 2 months remodeling. I am tired and it is now 2:27 am and since I own the building, I now drink while I remodel. That being said, I and now going to commence with a drunk post.

I don't give a f*ck what Choate said last night. I don't give f*ck about what Bobby has said. All I know is that the cat fan's have given up on the beavis and butthead jokes because it is now obvious that Bobby looks like Beavis and no fan base wants to call their coach Butthead.
An extraordinarily prescient post Grizatwork. That is so right on man. My vote for post of the year......outta nowhere a former greens keeper now about to become masters champion, it looks like a mirac.....it’s in the hole, it’s in the hole. He drops his club. :clap:

This place gets weird.... fast. At least it follows a pretty predictable path.

Starts off relatively normal with some talk and opinions on a mostly relevant topic, then it goes to the standard Cats suck/little brother posts, then some Cat fans throw out the word “dominate” and it gets eaten up by a few (for the record I’m expecting a good not great year, far too early to be throwing around the word dominate), then some Griz fans start going at each other and name calling and then we get some drunken postings that don’t make much sense either.

This is thread egriz in a nutshell

No matter how bad grizz fans say the Cats are under Choate, the Cats under Choate are still better than the grizz. All the 9-13 chatter over here is really screaming how truly awful the grizz have been under Stitt.

Glad to see this place is back to its old self.

I don't understand why everyone is picking on poor lil Jesse Choate
What school wouldn't want to extend full support to a guy with a 7-9 conference record.....
:thumb:

giphy.gif

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
Who are you talking about? I can’t think of a single poster who fits that criteria. Ironic indeed

AZ? CDA? Many of the Stitt supporters are in this category.

Oh f*** off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

You guaranteed Stitt would be re-hired. Nice call.

You just can't get over being so wrong about Stitt.

Below is from my firm bio. Looks like most people and publications don't agree with your view. Not surprising given your view that Stitt would be re-upped no matter what.

Named "Missoula Corporate Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers©, 2018
Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2011-2017 (Star Individual)
Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2012, 2014-2017
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (1999 – 2018 editions)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© Who’s Who Legal 2006 – Corporate Governance

Big deal. You change facts to fit your narrative.

And just 24 hours ago YOU guaranteed BH wouldn’t go 7-4 his first three years.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZ? CDA? Many of the Stitt supporters are in this category.

Oh f*** off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

You guaranteed Stitt would be re-hired. Nice call.

You just can't get over being so wrong about Stitt.

Below is from my firm bio. Looks like most people and publications don't agree with your view. Not surprising given your view that Stitt would be re-upped no matter what.

Named "Missoula Corporate Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers©, 2018
Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2011-2017 (Star Individual)
Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2012, 2014-2017
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (1999 – 2018 editions)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© Who’s Who Legal 2006 – Corporate Governance

Big deal. You change facts to fit your narrative.

And just 24 hours ago YOU guaranteed BH wouldn’t go 7-4 his first three years.

Huh. I don't guarantee anything and said no such thing on Hauck. I don't have a narrative, unless it involves supporting the team and program generally.

Like Kem said, settle your bias down, so you can become a good poster again. Consider not challenging posters who are in the know when you are clearly not in the know. Just some thoughts.

I asked a question: what if Hauck goes 7-4 his first three years and loses to the scats twice. Would he get a bullet too? Or would he get preferential treatment because he’s a Montana boy...

Your response, and I quote:

Hauck is not going to go 7-4 for 3 years, and lose to the Cats twice.

Stated as fact.

ABQCat said:
No matter how bad grizz fans say the Cats are under Choate, the Cats under Choate are still better than the grizz. All the 9-13 chatter over here is really screaming how truly awful the grizz have been under Stitt.

Glad to see this place is back to its old self.
So 0 wins against anyone good. Got it. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
I asked a question: what if Hauck goes 7-4 his first three years and loses to the scats twice. Would he get a bullet too? Or would he get preferential treatment because he’s a Montana boy...

Stated as fact.

But not stated as a "guarantee". One would think a banker of all people would know what a guarantee is. And, I reiterate my statement. Hauck to not going to go 7-4 for 3 years in a row and lose to the Cats twice.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stated as fact.

But not stated as a "guarantee". One would think a banker of all people would know what a guarantee is. And, I reiterate my statement. Hauck to not going to go 7-4 for 3 years in a row and lose to the Cats twice.

Good lord. Statement of fact, just as good as a guarantee. And I agree with you BTW, but it’s a “what if”....surely even you understand those? IF he goes 7-4 three years in a row and loses to the Scats twice, THEN will he catch a bullet? Really not that complicated...even for a lawyer.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stated as fact.

Good lord. Statement of fact, just as good as a guarantee. And I agree with you BTW, but it’s a “what if”....surely even you understand those? IF he goes 7-4 three years in a row and loses to the Scats twice, THEN will he catch a bullet? Really not that complicated...even for a lawyer.

No, a statement is not a guarantee. Are you sure you went to college?

Using banking again, is a statement that a third party will pay the loan to the bank if the borrower doesn't, as good as, or the same as, a "guarantee" that the loan will be repaid? No, of course, it isn't.

cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I knew that to be the case. My intent was to have the Cat trolls on this thread chime in.

Funny to see these posts on here. Really shows that these Griz posters are worried about what Choate is building in Bozeman. Especially after he put up two good wins already over the Griz during rebuilding years. Cannot wait until next season and see the Cats dominate the Big Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigsky,
I like what Choate has done so far and I think he could have a potentially very good year next year. Dominate? Not sure about that. Can you go through your schedule amd post your predictions for wins/losses for next year?

I'll chime in. Most likely the Cats wikk end the regular season at 8-3 with the losses coming at SDSU and Weber, and we'll likely split our back to back home games against EWU and Idaho. I don't like to say dominate or scary good but I think our defense is going to be for real. Choate has always had his players playing hard, physical football but frankly we've been a bit outmatched the first couple years. Looks like we finally have great talent, size, speed, and depth.

Personally I like Haucks response to the question when he was asked about this. ‘We don’t pay attention to those guys to the east, we play them in November.” Who really cares what Choate says at a bibcat booster event. When it comes to bibcats I have an awfully large ignore button. :coffee:

Go Griz!

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stated as fact.

No, a statement is not a guarantee. Are you sure you went to college?

Using banking again, is a statement that a third party will pay the loan to the bank if the borrower doesn't, as good as, or the same as, a "guarantee" that the loan will be repaid? No, of course, it isn't.

OK PR. :lol: :lol: You really are a piece of work. Never in all my days have I ever seen anybody who wordsmiths shit to death like you do. I asked a question, you stated emphatically that it was NOT going to happen. If it helps you sleep at night that you didn’t specifically “guarantee” it, whatever floats your boat. In MY world, a statement of fact is as good as a guarantee. Especially when it’s in writing like yours was.

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I knew that to be the case. My intent was to have the Cat trolls on this thread chime in.

Funny to see these posts on here. Really shows that these Griz posters are worried about what Choate is building in Bozeman. Especially after he put up two good wins already over the Griz during rebuilding years. Cannot wait until next season and see the Cats dominate the Big Sky.

Bigsky,
I like what Choate has done so far and I think he could have a potentially very good year next year. Dominate? Not sure about that. Can you go through your schedule amd post your predictions for wins/losses for next year?

I'll chime in. Most likely the Cats wikk end the regular season at 8-3 with the losses coming at SDSU and Weber, and we'll likely split our back to back home games against EWU and Idaho. I don't like to say dominate or scary good but I think our defense is going to be for real. Choate has always had his players playing hard, physical football but frankly we've been a bit outmatched the first couple years. Looks like we finally have great talent, size, speed, and depth.

Thanks for your response. When you say you finally have the talent, what are the areas in which you expect significant improvement? From what you know of your Spring football this year do you think Murray stays at QB? Who takes on the task to filling Bignell's spot?

PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Yep. That one, the one next to the failing school.

Fair, because this is the "Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS and the Current Enrollment of Extremely Regional State Funded Universities" forum. Dude, you're a very rational poster. You guys needlessly and preemptively extended the contract of a guy who has never had a winning season, ever. That cannot make sense to you. It just can't.

He’s 7-3 in the last ten conference games. But if we if throw out the two jiz beatdowns (come on now, those aren’t quality wins by any objective measure) he’s still at 5-3.

Interesting 7-3 conf stat. One of the reasons for an extension. I would have extended Choate in a heartbeat. Many positive signs.

I find it interesting that some Griz fans who supported extending Stitt last year, but are making fun of the Choate extension. Oh, the irony. Supporting a coach taking a team from top 12 and 8, and 2 years of playoffs and wins over Cats, to not in the top 30, and back to back Cat losses and no playoffs--over a coach taking his team upward and to a 7-3 conference record and back to back wins over the Griz.

PlayerRep you are not supposto be utalizing logic and reasoning skills on an internet forum :shock:

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Gaeilge1 said:

Bigsky,

In all seriousness, I expect MSU will be much improved in 2018. I can't get over the QB situation to pick you guys to go 8-3, but funny things can happen in the FCS when the weather starts getting cold, etc.

Back