• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Funny to see these posts on here. Really shows that these Griz posters are worried about what Choate is building in Bozeman. Especially after he put up two good wins already over the Griz during rebuilding years. Cannot wait until next season and see the Cats dominate the Big Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigsky,
I like what Choate has done so far and I think he could have a potentially very good year next year. Dominate? Not sure about that. Can you go through your schedule amd post your predictions for wins/losses for next year?

I'll chime in. Most likely the Cats wikk end the regular season at 8-3 with the losses coming at SDSU and Weber, and we'll likely split our back to back home games against EWU and Idaho. I don't like to say dominate or scary good but I think our defense is going to be for real. Choate has always had his players playing hard, physical football but frankly we've been a bit outmatched the first couple years. Looks like we finally have great talent, size, speed, and depth.

Thanks for your response. When you say you finally have the talent, what are the areas in which you expect significant improvement? From what you know of your Spring football this year do you think Murray stays at QB? Who takes on the task to filling Bignell's spot?

On Defense, I don't see a position group where we won't be better. VIM, Colter, and others are much better at breaking down the specifics, one example from VIM below. On Offense, QB, OL, and TE are areas I would expect improvement. Yes, I believe Murray will be the starting QB unless Jensen really surprises. Murray is ahead of Rovig IMO. Regarding Bignell, tough player to replace even though he was undersized. Hell of a player. There is a logjam at LB and they are trying to figure out the rotation that will get the best players on the field. When you have players like Josh Hill, Troy Andersen, Brayden Konkol, Mike Jobman, and players like Kanow, Chapman, Gliman, and several others rotating in. LB will be a strength.

With Sparaco, we now have four viable options at Buck: Bryce Sterk, Grant Collins, Jacob Hadley, and Dante Sparaco. Pair that with three solid strong-side DE's in Derek Marks, Tyrone Fa'anono, and Marcus Ferriter and an interior group of Zach Wright, Tucker Yates, Chase Benson, and Elu Leota, I think we are looking at a very good defensive line. That doesn't include interior players who will still be developing like Travis Yates and Kyle Rygg. VIM

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I asked a question: what if Hauck goes 7-4 his first three years and loses to the scats twice. Would he get a bullet too? Or would he get preferential treatment because he’s a Montana boy...

Your response, and I quote:

Hauck is not going to go 7-4 for 3 years, and lose to the Cats twice.

Stated as fact.

But not stated as a "guarantee". One would think a banker of all people would know what a guarantee is. And, I reiterate my statement. Hauck to not going to go 7-4 for 3 years in a row and lose to the Cats twice.

Good lord. Statement of fact, just as good as a guarantee. And I agree with you BTW, but it’s a “what if”....surely even you understand those? IF he goes 7-4 three years in a row and loses to the Scats twice, THEN will he catch a bullet? Really not that complicated...even for a lawyer.

I'm not going to discuss "statement of fact vs guarantee" although it is wildly entertaining.

I will answer AZ. Yes - if BH goes 7-4 three years in a row and loses twice to the cats in that span, his ass will be on fire.

It won't happen - I guarantee it. :) :shit:

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I asked a question: what if Hauck goes 7-4 his first three years and loses to the scats twice. Would he get a bullet too? Or would he get preferential treatment because he’s a Montana boy...

Stated as fact.

But not stated as a "guarantee". One would think a banker of all people would know what a guarantee is. And, I reiterate my statement. Hauck to not going to go 7-4 for 3 years in a row and lose to the Cats twice.

Good lord. Statement of fact, just as good as a guarantee. And I agree with you BTW, but it’s a “what if”....surely even you understand those? IF he goes 7-4 three years in a row and loses to the Scats twice, THEN will he catch a bullet? Really not that complicated...even for a lawyer.

I'm not going to discuss "statement of fact vs guarantee" although it is wildly entertaining.

I will answer AZ. Yes - if BH goes 7-4 three years in a row and loses twice to the cats in that span, his ass will be on fire.

I remember seeing the same thing on egriz when stitt was hired four years ago.

Give him time, he will be great for you guys, just not this year

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stated as fact.

:lol: :thumb:

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stated as fact.

I can't state much but I will state this: If BH goes 7-4 without playoffs for the first TWO years, I guarantee and state as fact that I will want a change.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

No, a statement is not a guarantee. Are you sure you went to college?

Using banking again, is a statement that a third party will pay the loan to the bank if the borrower doesn't, as good as, or the same as, a "guarantee" that the loan will be repaid? No, of course, it isn't.

OK PR. :lol: :lol: You really are a piece of work. Never in all my days have I ever seen anybody who wordsmiths shit to death like you do. I asked a question, you stated emphatically that it was NOT going to happen. If it helps you sleep at night that you didn’t specifically “guarantee” it, whatever floats your boat. In MY world, a statement of fact is as good as a guarantee. Especially when it’s in writing like yours was.

Okay, good. We are now on the same page. In my work and otherwise, it is important to be precise. Especially when working on $100 million and even Billion dollar deals and contracts. But, AZCatFan, I will try to be a bit less precise with you.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZ? CDA? Many of the Stitt supporters are in this category.

Oh f*** off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

You guaranteed Stitt would be re-hired. Nice call.

You just can't get over being so wrong about Stitt.

Below is from my firm bio. Looks like most people and publications don't agree with your view. Not surprising given your view that Stitt would be re-upped no matter what.

Named "Missoula Corporate Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers©, 2018
Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2011-2017 (Star Individual)
Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007-2012, 2014-2017
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (1999 – 2018 editions)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© Who’s Who Legal 2006 – Corporate Governance

Big deal. You change facts to fit your narrative.

And just 24 hours ago YOU guaranteed BH wouldn’t go 7-4 his first three years.

I think the real issue we are avoiding is what happened in the 2013 Lawyering season? Not a Mountain States Super Lawyer that year? Were you injured? Was someone else louder, colder, and better in space?

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Oh f*** off. I supported his extension BEFORE the 2nd loss to the cats and was crystal clear that he needed to (and believed he would) beat the cats to get it—VERY clearly did not support it AFTER the 2nd loss to them. You can’t even keep your facts straight and make shit up to fit your agenda. I’d hate to have you as a lawyer.

Below is from my firm bio. Looks like most people and publications don't agree with your view. Not surprising given your view that Stitt would be re-upped no matter what.

Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2011-2017 (Star Individual)
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© Who’s Who Legal 2006 – Corporate Governance

I think the real issue we are avoiding is what happened in the 2013 Lawyering season? Not a Mountain States Super Lawyer that year? Were you injured? Was someone else louder, colder, and better in space?

Scheme was the issue in 2013. He wanted to fight, unite, and litigate, but there were too many lawyers standing up next to the bench. The scheme was designed to camouflage the bench approaches, but it didn't work. Scheme held PR back that year. It's a shame.

Bear Axed said:
I don't understand why everyone is picking on poor lil Jesse Choate
What school wouldn't want to extend full support to a guy with a 7-9 conference record.....
:thumb:

giphy.gif
The same school who's Bball coach is 50-74.

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Mmmmmmm....I wasn’t gonna say nuthin’, but now that you mention it.... :shock:

Hell NO! Choke/ Bozeman beat Stitt 2 out of 3. No more no less. Choke would be smart to watch his mouth! The proven winner( Hauck) will rub his nose in it. He(rightfully so) can't stand Bozeman anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Griz! Choke/TG are rah, rah coaches who yell a lot but know little...Besides everything Gregorak knows he learned from Bobby Hauck!

Go Griz!

This is the master (Hauck 80+ wins) (and the mouse. Choke -20 wins.) Bozeman will be lucky to win this very first year after that no fricken chance. Another 30 game win streak by the Griz will take place.
Go Griz! RTD! "Return to Dominance, baby! :) :) Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt Choke! :( :( Tough to fly like an eagle when led by a turkey, Choke' Bozeman
! :( :(
Go Griz!

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Worked on a $1.8 Billion deal ahead of the 2013 selections, so was one of the National Dealmakers of the Year, not regional. Ha.

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
Gaeilge1 said:
I knew that to be the case. My intent was to have the Cat trolls on this thread chime in.

Funny to see these posts on here. Really shows that these Griz posters are worried about what Choate is building in Bozeman. Especially after he put up two good wins already over the Griz during rebuilding years. Cannot wait until next season and see the Cats dominate the Big Sky.

Bigsky,
I like what Choate has done so far and I think he could have a potentially very good year next year. Dominate? Not sure about that. Can you go through your schedule amd post your predictions for wins/losses for next year?

I'll chime in. Most likely the Cats wikk end the regular season at 8-3 with the losses coming at SDSU and Weber, and we'll likely split our back to back home games against EWU and Idaho. I don't like to say dominate or scary good but I think our defense is going to be for real. Choate has always had his players playing hard, physical football but frankly we've been a bit outmatched the first couple years. Looks like we finally have great talent, size, speed, and depth.

December thru August........a great time to be PSNC!

The real NC plays in December and January.....the PSNC talks a big game from late November through August. They've got it down to a science in Bozeman.

wbtfg said:
60741ebe26e747adc99c2d6c9c46eb65.jpg

C.A.T.S.

Character
Accountability
Toughness
...uh...
...er...how about...anyone have any ideas?
...no?...c'mon, somebody state something...oh! Perfect!
State.

Get the plaque guy on the phone, they're going out like that.

Who's "Choate?"
Never heard of the guy, but then I typically pay attention to teams that often play games in December.

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Bigsky,

Thanks for your response. When you say you finally have the talent, what are the areas in which you expect significant improvement? From what you know of your Spring football this year do you think Murray stays at QB? Who takes on the task to filling Bignell's spot?

On Defense, I don't see a position group where we won't be better. VIM, Colter, and others are much better at breaking down the specifics, one example from VIM below. On Offense, QB, OL, and TE are areas I would expect improvement. Yes, I believe Murray will be the starting QB unless Jensen really surprises. Murray is ahead of Rovig IMO. Regarding Bignell, tough player to replace even though he was undersized. Hell of a player. There is a logjam at LB and they are trying to figure out the rotation that will get the best players on the field. When you have players like Josh Hill, Troy Andersen, Brayden Konkol, Mike Jobman, and players like Kanow, Chapman, Gliman, and several others rotating in. LB will be a strength.

With Sparaco, we now have four viable options at Buck: Bryce Sterk, Grant Collins, Jacob Hadley, and Dante Sparaco. Pair that with three solid strong-side DE's in Derek Marks, Tyrone Fa'anono, and Marcus Ferriter and an interior group of Zach Wright, Tucker Yates, Chase Benson, and Elu Leota, I think we are looking at a very good defensive line. That doesn't include interior players who will still be developing like Travis Yates and Kyle Rygg. VIM

Of those linebackers, how much experience does the group have? I know Andersen is a star but even he is not all that experienced.

Back