• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
60741ebe26e747adc99c2d6c9c46eb65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.A.T.S.

Character
Accountability
Toughness
...uh...
...er...how about...anyone have any ideas?
...no?...c'mon, somebody state something...oh! Perfect!
State.

Get the plaque guy on the phone, they're going out like that.
“Success” would’ve just been too much of a reach.

And considering how they extended John so eagerly, it’s probably not one of their goals, anyway.

i_the_sky said:
Hell NO! Choke/ Bozeman beat Stitt 2 out of 3. No more no less. Choke would be smart to watch his mouth! The proven winner( Hauck) will rub his nose in it. He(rightfully so) can't stand Bozeman anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Griz! Choke/TG are rah, rah coaches who yell a lot but know little...Besides everything Gregorak knows he learned from Bobby Hauck!

Go Griz!

Try to keep up. Choate is undefeated against the grizz.

Lots of chatter and strange optimism over here about a coach that went 15-48 in his last HC job before resigning on his own. Although he's demonstrated a very good ability as a ST coach. I won't deny that and I expect the grizz STs to be good next year.

ABQCat said:
i_the_sky said:
Hell NO! Choke/ Bozeman beat Stitt 2 out of 3. No more no less. Choke would be smart to watch his mouth! The proven winner( Hauck) will rub his nose in it. He(rightfully so) can't stand Bozeman anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Griz! Choke/TG are rah, rah coaches who yell a lot but know little...Besides everything Gregorak knows he learned from Bobby Hauck!

Go Griz!

Lots of chatter and strange optimism over here about a coach that went 15-48 in his last HC job before resigning on his own. Although he's demonstrated a very good ability as a ST coach. I won't deny that and I expect the grizz STs to be good next year.

PSNC! Go Cats Go!

Bobcat Nation says they'll have top 5 defense and top 5 offense (nationally!?!?) in the coming year. Not sure if NDSU has ever accomplished those two in one season of its amazing run. "The Bobcat Football Team" aka "The Boys of Postseason to Preseason"

ABQCat said:
i_the_sky said:

Go Griz!

And you’ve got a guy at 9-13 in his ONLY stint. As long as he wins that particular game, everything is hunkydory at state. :thumb: Don’t worry about postseasons... we’ll do that and fire a coach that can’t get there.

Mousegriz said:
ABQCat said:
i_the_sky said:

Go Griz!

PSNC! Go Cats Go!

Bobcat Nation says they'll have top 5 defense and top 5 offense (nationally!?!?) in the coming year. Not sure if NDSU has ever accomplished those two in one season of its amazing run. "The Bobcat Football Team" aka "The Boys of Postseason to Preseason"

One person said that and I personally called him out on it. That's not even in the realm of possibilities, for anyone really. Each site has their delusional fans. Don't cherry pick something that literally one fan said and claim that Bobcatnation believes it.

cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:
I'll chime in. Most likely the Cats wikk end the regular season at 8-3 with the losses coming at SDSU and Weber, and we'll likely split our back to back home games against EWU and Idaho. I don't like to say dominate or scary good but I think our defense is going to be for real. Choate has always had his players playing hard, physical football but frankly we've been a bit outmatched the first couple years. Looks like we finally have great talent, size, speed, and depth.

Thanks for your response. When you say you finally have the talent, what are the areas in which you expect significant improvement? From what you know of your Spring football this year do you think Murray stays at QB? Who takes on the task to filling Bignell's spot?

On Defense, I don't see a position group where we won't be better. VIM, Colter, and others are much better at breaking down the specifics, one example from VIM below. On Offense, QB, OL, and TE are areas I would expect improvement. Yes, I believe Murray will be the starting QB unless Jensen really surprises. Murray is ahead of Rovig IMO. Regarding Bignell, tough player to replace even though he was undersized. Hell of a player. There is a logjam at LB and they are trying to figure out the rotation that will get the best players on the field. When you have players like Josh Hill, Troy Andersen, Brayden Konkol, Mike Jobman, and players like Kanow, Chapman, Gliman, and several others rotating in. LB will be a strength.

With Sparaco, we now have four viable options at Buck: Bryce Sterk, Grant Collins, Jacob Hadley, and Dante Sparaco. Pair that with three solid strong-side DE's in Derek Marks, Tyrone Fa'anono, and Marcus Ferriter and an interior group of Zach Wright, Tucker Yates, Chase Benson, and Elu Leota, I think we are looking at a very good defensive line. That doesn't include interior players who will still be developing like Travis Yates and Kyle Rygg. VIM

Of those linebackers, how much experience does the group have? I know Andersen is a star but even he is not all that experienced.

Enough. TA not so much but you don't move one of the best RB's in the conference to LB just for fun. Coached have said TA is an NFL caliber player at LB. Our Front 7 and overall D is looking like it will be a stout unit, the best in several years.

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Thanks for your response. When you say you finally have the talent, what are the areas in which you expect significant improvement? From what you know of your Spring football this year do you think Murray stays at QB? Who takes on the task to filling Bignell's spot?

On Defense, I don't see a position group where we won't be better. VIM, Colter, and others are much better at breaking down the specifics, one example from VIM below. On Offense, QB, OL, and TE are areas I would expect improvement. Yes, I believe Murray will be the starting QB unless Jensen really surprises. Murray is ahead of Rovig IMO. Regarding Bignell, tough player to replace even though he was undersized. Hell of a player. There is a logjam at LB and they are trying to figure out the rotation that will get the best players on the field. When you have players like Josh Hill, Troy Andersen, Brayden Konkol, Mike Jobman, and players like Kanow, Chapman, Gliman, and several others rotating in. LB will be a strength.

With Sparaco, we now have four viable options at Buck: Bryce Sterk, Grant Collins, Jacob Hadley, and Dante Sparaco. Pair that with three solid strong-side DE's in Derek Marks, Tyrone Fa'anono, and Marcus Ferriter and an interior group of Zach Wright, Tucker Yates, Chase Benson, and Elu Leota, I think we are looking at a very good defensive line. That doesn't include interior players who will still be developing like Travis Yates and Kyle Rygg. VIM

Of those linebackers, how much experience does the group have? I know Andersen is a star but even he is not all that experienced.

Enough. TA not so much but you don't move one of the best RB's in the conference to LB just for fun. Coached have said TA is an NFL caliber player at LB. Our Front 7 and overall D is looking like it will be a stout unit, the best in several years.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If any Griz coach said that about a guy that has yet to play a down in college football as a LB, you would crucify us.

This thread just keeps delivering. :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:

If any Griz coach said that about a guy that has yet to play a down in college football as a LB, you would crucify us.

Probably true 1122 because crucifying the twerps over here is lots of fun, but I wouldn't actually mean it. If the tables were turned, I would recognize that Andersen is a once in a generation recruit and I'd be uneasy about him regardless of where he was at on the field.

On a side note, he played both ways last year and took several game reps at LB. He played a bunch of the 2nd half against EWU at LB, and perhaps coincidentally and perhaps not, the Cats nearly shut down EWU in the 2nd half. Aside from his work ethic and natural gifts as an athlete, his football IQ is as high as you'll ever find. That's why he played LB last year without practicing with the defense, and that's why he'll still play RB this year without practicing with the offense. The PAC 12 effed up with this guy big time.

ABQCat said:
uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Probably true 1122 because crucifying the twerps over here is lots of fun, but I wouldn't actually mean it. If the tables were turned, I would recognize that Andersen is a once in a generation recruit and I'd be uneasy about him regardless of where he was at on the field.

On a side note, he played both ways last year and took several game reps at LB. He played a bunch of the 2nd half against EWU at LB, and perhaps coincidentally and perhaps not, the Cats nearly shut down EWU in the 2nd half. Aside from his work ethic and natural gifts as an athlete, his football IQ is as high as you'll ever find. That's why he played LB last year without practicing with the defense, and that's why he'll still play RB this year without practicing with the offense. The PAC 12 effed up with this guy big time.
I mean...He had 2 takles (1 solo, 1 assist), EWU scored TDs on 2 of 5 drives, one of those non-touchdowns being a fumbled kickoff, had almost 200 yards of offense, 13 minutes of TOP, and they went 4-6 on 3rd down...not sure that's quite "nearly shut down".

Trust me, I would love it if he were a Griz, but I think it's safe to say it's a little premature to call him a "once-in-a-generation recruit", let alone an "NFL-caliber player at LB". I'll eat those words if he lights the BSC on fire this year, though.

Also, you might have jokingly given us shit for a comment like that, but poorgriz (and most of the other mouth-breathers that migrate over from BCN) sure as shit would mean it. :lol: ;)

uofmman1122 said:
ABQCat said:
uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:

I mean...He had 2 takles (1 solo, 1 assist), EWU scored TDs on 2 of 5 drives, one of those non-touchdowns being a fumbled kickoff, had almost 200 yards of offense, 13 minutes of TOP, and they went 4-6 on 3rd down...not sure that's quite "nearly shut down".

Trust me, I would love it if he were a Griz, but I think it's safe to say it's a little premature to call him a "once-in-a-generation recruit", let alone an "NFL-caliber player at LB". I'll eat those words if he lights the BSC on fire this year, though.

Also, you might have jokingly given us shit for a comment like that, but poorgriz (and most of the other mouth-breathers that migrate over from BCN) sure as shit would mean it. :lol: ;)
Perhaps you haven't watched many Cat-Eagle games over the years, but holding those eff'ers to 2 scores in 5 drives and 200 yards deserves a holiday. Yes he didn't generate many stats in that game, but he disrupted plays on several occasions. The buzz at the time was the fact he never even practiced with the D. I was impressed.

Yes, let's wait and see. I have a feeling...but you never know.

ABQCat said:
uofmman1122 said:
ABQCat said:
uofmman1122 said:

Perhaps you haven't watched many Cat-Eagle games over the years, but holding those eff'ers to 2 scores in 5 drives and 200 yards deserves a holiday. Yes he didn't generate many stats in that game, but he disrupted plays on several occasions. The buzz at the time was the fact he never even practiced with the D. I was impressed.

Yes, let's wait and see. I have a feeling...but you never know.
Bruh, they scored 42 points in the second half aga-...

Never mind.

I don't want to talk about that game. :lol:

ABQ, Choate has a tough situtation on what to do with TA. He will get second guessed no matter how he handles TA, but there are worse problems to have. If you followed my failed TA posts I think he should be 75% of your offense. Lol

Dutch Lane said:
ABQ, Choate has a tough situtation on what to do with TA. He will get second guessed no matter how he handles TA, but there are worse problems to have. If you followed my failed TA posts I think he should be 75% of your offense. Lol

Big Bacon is going to handle that. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

I have belief in Andersen. I just dont know anything about the rest of your defense to be honest. I try to watch you guys play as much as possible but I still dont recognize names and if they have been playing. Thanks for the input

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
poorgriz said:

The best part is Cat People call him “coached” too!

Hauck was a failure at UNLV. I will take what Choate is building any day.

bigsky33 said:

A 9-13 FCS record vs a 80-17 record. Yea leave it to you for that to make any sense :lol:

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

A 9-13 FCS record vs a 80-17 record. Yea leave it to you for that to make any sense :lol:

Don't mess with facts! When they get all lathered up during the preseason celebrations facts just don't work!

Mousegriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Don't mess with facts! When they get all lathered up during the preseason celebrations facts just don't work!

The fact is Hauck was a total failure at UNLV.

bigsky33 said:
Mousegriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

The fact is Hauck was a total failure at UNLV.

Hauck got UNLV to a bowl game. And one year with a winning record. 7 wins. When was the last time that happened there?

Everyone who coaches at UNLV has a losing record, and I suppose under your definition fails. Doesn't mean that everyone who coaches there is a failure.

Back