• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
Ah, spring! The lawns are waking up, the bitter winter wind has blown off most of the newer rust on the southeast bleachers and Coach Cheff Joate and the team have boarded the fire trucks for the parade to celebrated another preseason championship. This is truly the best time of year for football at Meow State university.

As the candy corn dreams race thru their tiny little heads, one disturbing, pervasive and Intrusive thought keeps ruining it all, Bobby couldn't do it again, could he?

No not ruined. Nobody cares about Bobby the failed UNLV coach now back home at a failing UM. Keep dreaming about long past glories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need another nicorette? UM and BH are so far up your fan base's ass that we taste Brylcreem (as evidenced by your post here).

Keep whistling past the graveyard, buddy.

bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:
Ah, spring! The lawns are waking up, the bitter winter wind has blown off most of the newer rust on the southeast bleachers and Coach Cheff Joate and the team have boarded the fire trucks for the parade to celebrated another preseason championship. This is truly the best time of year for football at Meow State university.

As the candy corn dreams race thru their tiny little heads, one disturbing, pervasive and Intrusive thought keeps ruining it all, Bobby couldn't do it again, could he?

No not ruined. Nobody cares about Bobby the failed UNLV coach now back home at a failing UM. Keep dreaming about long past glories.

Big33, could you tell us again how you knew that Vernon Adams would never enroll at Oregon and would stay at EWU? One of my favorite tales on egriz. You must have told us that a half dozen times.

Sure, Cat fans are happy Bobby is back. Not.

I don't understand why you get like this sometimes, and act like a total stupid ass.

Been moving and changing jobs in the last few weeks, so...haven't bothered to read this thread or any others. Weighing in anyway. Saw Hauck and Choate hug at the MT Football HOF banquet. So sweet and special...
Also, saw Hauck get mentioned in a very positive way by many people, several times. Bobby was social, charismatic and generous with his time. Choate was dickish. I wanted to talk to him, to see some charisma and personality. It just wasn't there for me or anyone else.

Go Griz. RTD.

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

Big33, could you tell us again how you knew that Vernon Adams would never enroll at Oregon and would stay at EWU? One of my favorite tales on egriz. You must have told us that a half dozen times.

I don't understand why you get like this sometimes, and act like a total stupid ass.
Is that all you ass hats can bring up is Vernon Adams? Talk about stupid asses.

All that you can do is spew how great Bobby is. He was another in a long line of failures at UNLV. Like I said , he is now at home in a failing University.

. . . and in the wee hours of the night, he's still there with you haunting your thoughts and dreams, isn't he? Spooning you from behind and whispering in your ear, F-T-C.

He couldn't do it again, could he?

bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

All that you can do is spew how great Bobby is. He was another in a long line of failures at UNLV. Like I said , he is now at home in a failing University.

It seems all you can spew is criticism of Bobby’s time at UNLV. To be honest it makes you seem nervous and concerned that he is back and that you are fixated on a hope that you can hang your hat on his less than stellar record at UNLV as evidence that he isnt as good as his record at UM (a more directly relevant measure if his ability) would say he is. Your blind narrow minded criticism of him smacks of personal pain. Maybe you are the biggest cat fan of all time and Bobby’s first tenure as head coach truly scarred you or you had a personal interaction with him that caused this distaste. In any case everyone is aware of how he did at UNLV and at UM and everyone is aware of your apparent personal pain. I wouldnt be so sure that he wont be successful this time as you are setting yourself up for more disappointment. Wait two or three years and then if you are right come back and tell us how you were right and UNLV would have been a great job for a better coach.

cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

It seems all you can spew is criticism of Bobby’s time at UNLV. To be honest it makes you seem nervous and concerned that he is back and that you are fixated on a hope that you can hang your hat on his less than stellar record at UNLV as evidence that he isnt as good as his record at UM (a more directly relevant measure if his ability) would say he is. Your blind narrow minded criticism of him smacks of personal pain. Maybe you are the biggest cat fan of all time and Bobby’s first tenure as head coach truly scarred you or you had a personal interaction with him that caused this distaste. In any case everyone is aware of how he did at UNLV and at UM and everyone is aware of your apparent personal pain. I wouldnt be so sure that he wont be successful this time as you are setting yourself up for more disappointment. Wait two or three years and then if you are right come back and tell us how you were right and UNLV would have been a great job for a better coach.

Shhhhh . . . He's sleeping . . . O-S-A-M-A

GGNez said:
Been moving and changing jobs in the last few weeks, so...haven't bothered to read this thread or any others. Weighing in anyway. Saw Hauck and Choate hug at the MT Football HOF banquet. So sweet and special...
Also, saw Hauck get mentioned in a very positive way by many people, several times. Bobby was social, charismatic and generous with his time. Choate was dickish. I wanted to talk to him, to see some charisma and personality. It just wasn't there for me or anyone else.

Go Griz. RTD.
This is the first whisper I've ever heard of anyone saying anything like this about Choate. I think you read him wrong. You're usually a pretty fair poster so I'm guessing this is really what you thought you thought. But I think you maybe misinterpreted your thoughts. ;)

Watch Choate's press conferences and tell me that's not charismatic. I haven't watched all of Bobby's but I've watched some. Introductory one he was definately charismatic. But not all of them I've watched he's shown that same level. I watched one where he kind of seemed uncomfortable. Not saying charisma necessarily translates to great coach or anything. Saban anyone? Bellicheck?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

It is really very simple. You brought back a coach that did not have success in his last head coaching job. Although, you like to think so, it does not raise concern or nervousness to Cat fans that he is back coaching at a failing University. Cat fans are happy with the Coach they have at the State’s flagship University, MSU.

The high school coach who took Bobby’s place at UNLV is already doing a better job.

bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa Major said:

The problem is once you make such ridiculously incorrect statements, like you did in regard to VA, you lose ALL credibility. In retrospect, pretty much everything you've posted on eGriz.com has been ridiculously incorrect. As a result of your recent comments, I'm now more hopeful about the state of UM and UM football. So, thank you for that.

bigsky33 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:

It is really very simple. You brought back a coach that did not have success in his last head coaching job. Although, you like to think so, it does not raise concern or nervousness to Cat fans that he is back coaching at a failing University. Cat fans are happy with the Coach they have at the State’s flagship University, MSU.

The high school coach who took Bobby’s place at UNLV is already doing a better job.

And you brought in a coach with a stellar head coaching record yourself...and look at his record...speaks for itself.

Chet_Ripley said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

The problem is once you make such ridiculously incorrect statements, like you did in regard to VA, you lose ALL credibility. In retrospect, pretty much everything you've posted on eGriz.com has been ridiculously incorrect. As a result of your recent comments, I'm now more hopeful about the state of UM and UM football. So, thank you for that.
no credibility on egriz.
I guess I am the same as the hundreds of posts by UM posters on here in posting totally incorrect statements at one time or another. Egriz lost credibility many years ago. What I posted about Bobby is fact. He did fail at UNLV and he is back home coaching at a failing University.

Chet_Ripley said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

Someone has to try & take up the mantle for dogshit3. Moving to the next level of pathetic.

& this is dangerously close to 17 pages.

bigsky33 said:
cmtgrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:

You're my favorite idiot poster here, which says a lot. Congrats! You say something like "you brought back a coach who did not have success at his last coaching job" when you have a current coach who has never been a head before and has had no succcess whatsoever. He is 9-13 for shit sake....are you guys so awful that is now deemed successful? Have some self respect man!

bigsky33 said:
What I posted about Bobby is fact.

You're good with facts...

bigsigh33 said:
The fact is he will not be at Oregon. He will be back at EWU.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70555&p=1067191&hilit=Vernon&sid=11ca18cdf2efe14872f168346815d9a6#p1067191

awesome thread!

choate is just what the cats need right now. hauck is just what the griz need right now. and together they are awesome for the rivalry.

poorgriz said:
Shortly after TG was hired I had a chance to talk to him over a couple beers. He was just getting settled into...
Oh I’ve heard this story before so I stopped reading. Let me see if I can fill in the rest:

“He was just getting settled into his third lap dance when he suggested we break into the bouncers’ car and steal his wallet and gun.”

AmIrite? And the next morning you guys felt like you were in the movie The Hangover? Oh that TG, what a hoot!

CatzWillRise said:
9, going on 10 pages about Choate's light-hearted jab at Hauck at a Bobcat fundraising event.

#triggered

Rather amazing how cheap the rent is in people's heads over here, isn't it.

Of the last 4 coaches at UNLV, Bobby had the worst W/L percentage. You have to go back to the mid 90s to find a UNLV coach worse the Bobby. This throws out the "nobody wins and UNLV" line of thinking.

For as much that folks over here want to talk about Choate's 9-13 record, he's still way better than Bobby's last run as a head coach. Choate's extension is the result of a forward thinking AD and University President who recognize the improvements in his second year: 5-3 in conference play last year, 7-3 in his last 10 conference games, and he's 2-0 against the grizz. They also recognize the change in culture and much improved buy-in from the players, fans and donors. They also recognize how damaging the coaching carousel is to continuity and recruiting, and conversely how much more effective recruiting goes when the recruits know the coach is going to stick around. There isn't a single Cat fan that is even close to disagreeing with the extension decision, and even the curmudgeons that love to whine and complain are on board with direction of the program.

Right now there is complete unity in the MSU Bobcat football universe between the coaches, the team, the administration and the fans.

Latest posts

Back