• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

If Idaho & MSU were our first two games, I’d be worried about losing them both. They’re not.

I’m not.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
When one considers the historical legacies of recent cat coaches such as Earle “the Pearl” Solomonson’s and Cliff Hysell’s winning percentages of .273 and .466, respectfully, there really is no other option but to early-extend a coach with a .364 winning percentage. It’s part of their culture, and culture trumps logic and reason every time.

Not to mention the unceremonious canning of the coach with the most wins in program history, the winningest coach in program history (percentage wise) since the famed Herb Agocs days, and the longest-tenured coach since the great Schubert R. Dyche. Ron Ash's winning ways did not fit the vision.

I’ve already asked my guy @ Costco, always Costco to let me know when you guy’s coffee table book comes out. Now if I only drank coffee & had a table to leave it out on. Come to think of it, probably would look just as handsome on the scotch end table - got both of those for sure.

Marching onto 17...

AZGrizFan said:
If Idaho & MSU were our first two games, I’d be worried about losing them both. They’re not.

I’m not.

How's that bet pay going...😉...We will all know by Thanksgiving if anything is different from last year. I personally hope that both teams are playing CAT/griz for a spot in the top 4 of the playoffs. BUT I am also a realist, and I feel it will be for a spot in the playoffs (if even that for either team). Do I think Hauck will be a great coach for the griz? Probably... Do I think that the Cats will take a step forward in both talent and record? Yes...Am I still worried about how the Cats will do? F*$% yes, I have been a fan WAY to long to not worry every game, from kickoff, till final horn. My Cats have another tough schedule, with EWU, Idaho, WIU (or whoever our first game is against) and Weber on the schedule...But of Choate is going to be the end all be all of Cats coaches, we need to win those games...Losing close is still losing.

12 :argue: pages of :pray: Choate?.....You guys serious??... Hippie Griz :jack: and Poor Griz :jack: etc...are picking their noses and their single front tooths with glee..:msugrad: reading this stuff... What an E-griz feasting...

Time to cut the feed-bag.

:roll:

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:
He was a good enough inexperienced head coach to beat the Griz two years in a row! He out coached the guy you all touted as a football genius when he was hired.

My view is that the Cats/Choate beat Stitt more than they beat the Griz. Would not have happened had Hauck been here.
Why? Because you said so? That's an absurd comment.

I predict it will take Bobby at least year to get his system installed, and he simply doesn't have the depth or enough of 'his' personnel to make it very far in 2018. The nuclear meltdowns on this board will be epic if the grizz lose to Idaho and Cats in the same year. You mercifully don't play EWU or Weber, but SUU on the road is very tough. Even Sac St looks like they could be a contender and that game isn't a gimme. The MV games are tough and I predict a split at best. ND is too well coached to stay down again, and that road game could easily be a loss. Can you go 3-0 against Poly Davis and PSU? Probably but it's not a gimme.

This will be so much fun.

Yes, because I said so and it's true. Not an absurd comment at all. As most players will say, the rivalry game is more about motivation and heart, not talent. With Hauck, the team would have had more of both of those.

Ah I see how to play this game. Well if Bobby was the coach of the grizz for the last two years, Choate would still be 2-0. And this is a true statement. It's true because I said so, and that makes it true.

grizz fans can't stand you and Cat fans wake up every single morning hoping you don't defect. That's also true. Because I said so.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
My view is that the Cats/Choate beat Stitt more than they beat the Griz. Would not have happened had Hauck been here.
Why? Because you said so? That's an absurd comment.

I predict it will take Bobby at least year to get his system installed, and he simply doesn't have the depth or enough of 'his' personnel to make it very far in 2018. The nuclear meltdowns on this board will be epic if the grizz lose to Idaho and Cats in the same year. You mercifully don't play EWU or Weber, but SUU on the road is very tough. Even Sac St looks like they could be a contender and that game isn't a gimme. The MV games are tough and I predict a split at best. ND is too well coached to stay down again, and that road game could easily be a loss. Can you go 3-0 against Poly Davis and PSU? Probably but it's not a gimme.

This will be so much fun.

Yes, because I said so and it's true. Not an absurd comment at all. As most players will say, the rivalry game is more about motivation and heart, not talent. With Hauck, the team would have had more of both of those.

Ah I see how to play this game. Well if Bobby was the coach of the grizz for the last two years, Choate would still be 2-0. And this is a true statement. It's true because I said so, and that makes it true.

grizz fans can't stand you and Cat fans wake up every single morning hoping you don't defect. That's also true. Because I said so.

The difference is that I understand football, played the game, and am closer to both programs than you. Has the Choate family, or 3 of them, ever spent the day at your house? Do you think you know TG or Hauck better than I do? How many years did Janet Choate teach in Missoula?

You are a loser with few contacts and big mouth. But next to no substance.

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
When one considers the historical legacies of recent cat coaches such as Earle “the Pearl” Solomonson’s and Cliff Hysell’s winning percentages of .273 and .466, respectfully, there really is no other option but to early-extend a coach with a .364 winning percentage. It’s part of their culture, and culture trumps logic and reason every time.

Not to mention the unceremonious canning of the coach with the most wins in program history, the winningest coach in program history (percentage wise) since the famed Herb Agocs days, and the longest-tenured coach since the great Schubert R. Dyche. Ron Ash's winning ways did not fit the vision.

I’ve already asked my guy @ Costco, always Costco to let me know when you guy’s coffee table book comes out. Now if I only drank coffee & had a table to leave it out on. Come to think of it, probably would look just as handsome on the scotch end table - got both of those for sure.

Marching onto 17...

The bastards turned us down twice. Once because the Kirkland boys are apparently "not in the publishing business" and even if they were, they are fancy and would hypothetically require submissions that are "typed". The second time was due to some bullshit about one of us allegedly trying to live in one of their stores in Tukwila, and some stuff about them still not being in the publishing business. Whatever. I still attend the Seafood Road Show.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ah, Schubert “Fingers” Dyche, now that was a football coach. If I’m not mistaken, he was tragically shot back in ‘37 for palming a queen of clubs in the back gaming room of the Chrystal.

And who could forget A.J. Adams’ 3-0 campaign in the fall of 1899. He too was taken from us far too early after being struck and killed by a hit-and-run horse and buggy accident on West Kagy Avenue.

That was indeed tragic. The Scrolls suggest that it was the work of Sammy Swenson and the Babcock Street Gang. They peed their calling card into the snow at the scene there on West Kagy, but an early morning chinook wind destroyed the evidence. Swenson lived with the lie until 1968.
Back then, Sammy "The Swede" Swenson controlled the grain elevator in Bozeman and was one mean son of a bitch. Rumor has it that A.J. Adams got sideways with the Swede on a scheme selling knock-off Hosier cabinets with optional porcelain dry sinks. The Swede held a contract for the exclusive sale of Hosier cabinets in the Gallatin Valley. Unfortunately for A.J., the Hosier Cabinet Company didn't offer the porcelain dry sink until the fall of '02 and his knock-offs were outselling the Swede's Hosiers 2-1.

Just as today, if you control the grain elevator in Bozeman, you control the entire town.

Difficult to have a decent beer without good grain. That's why O'Leary had to come to Missoula so everyone could enjoy "Cold Smoke." No Bridger powder around here but we can at least drink a few every day...and this thread looks like "My mom can kick your mom's ass!"

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Ursa Major said:
bigsky33 said:
He was a good enough inexperienced head coach to beat the Griz two years in a row! He out coached the guy you all touted as a football genius when he was hired.
And THAT is the difference in culture between the two programs. The cats beat the Griz but have losing seasons without sniffing the playoffs and early extend their coach.

The Griz don’t make the playoffs for two years and fire a coach with a winning record.

It’s little brother 101 and the difference between the cultures of the two programs. I’ll await your reply on eGriz. :lol:

It's called "trend analysis", you should look it up.

I get it, it's the off season and this is all fun and games taking jabs at each other and telling each other how good our respective coaches are lol, but I have a serious question for every griz fan on here.

Do you think the Bobcat Football program is trending up right now heading into 2018?

Honest answer is no, not until they prove on the field they can win and not have a losing record. 95% of bobcat nation thought they would dominate last year and get at least seven or eight wins. Well that didn't happen....again. But everyone just assumes it will happen this year? It's always "next year" with Bobcat fans.

If you don't think Bobcats are trending upwards, then either you aren't following them or you don't understand football. You're in for a rude awakening.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Ursa Major said:
And THAT is the difference in culture between the two programs. The cats beat the Griz but have losing seasons without sniffing the playoffs and early extend their coach.

The Griz don’t make the playoffs for two years and fire a coach with a winning record.

It’s little brother 101 and the difference between the cultures of the two programs. I’ll await your reply on eGriz. :lol:

I get it, it's the off season and this is all fun and games taking jabs at each other and telling each other how good our respective coaches are lol, but I have a serious question for every griz fan on here.

Do you think the Bobcat Football program is trending up right now heading into 2018?

Honest answer is no, not until they prove on the field they can win and not have a losing record. 95% of bobcat nation thought they would dominate last year and get at least seven or eight wins. Well that didn't happen....again. But everyone just assumes it will happen this year? It's always "next year" with Bobcat fans.

If you don't think Bobcats are trending upwards, then either you aren't following them or you don't understand football. You're in for a rude awakening.

What if someone doesn't understand football, but really understands mathematics?
I'm not interested in #BOMB recruits, culture, near misses, or intangibles.
Can you show objectively, using math, that the program is trending upward?

(and I will give you that the last losing season was better than the previous losing season, and equal to the losing season before that, which was the first losing season since 2001, by one game)

CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Marching onto 17...

The bastards turned us down twice. Once because the Kirkland boys are apparently "not in the publishing business" and even if they were, they are fancy and would hypothetically require submissions that are "typed". The second time was due to some bullshit about one of us allegedly trying to live in one of their stores in Tukwila, and some stuff about them still not being in the publishing business. Whatever. I still attend the Seafood Road Show.

In hindsight, I think our bargaining power was severely compromised by our initial demand of being paid in full with Kirkland Signature Brand Vodka (at cost).This may have been an unforseen strategic error on our part. Apparently, Costco Inc. has a strict non-barter policy for goods and services.

I'm not bitter and I'm still an enthusiastic member of the Kirkland Brand Battery of the Month Club (KBOTMC).

Sam's Club continues to make offers but we have given our publicist strict instructions, Costco, always Costco.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Ah, Schubert “Fingers” Dyche, now that was a football coach. If I’m not mistaken, he was tragically shot back in ‘37 for palming a queen of clubs in the back gaming room of the Chrystal.

And who could forget A.J. Adams’ 3-0 campaign in the fall of 1899. He too was taken from us far too early after being struck and killed by a hit-and-run horse and buggy accident on West Kagy Avenue.

That was indeed tragic. The Scrolls suggest that it was the work of Sammy Swenson and the Babcock Street Gang. They peed their calling card into the snow at the scene there on West Kagy, but an early morning chinook wind destroyed the evidence. Swenson lived with the lie until 1968.
Back then, Sammy "The Swede" Swenson controlled the grain elevator in Bozeman and was one mean son of a bitch. Rumor has it that A.J. Adams got sideways with the Swede on a scheme selling knock-off Hosier cabinets with optional porcelain dry sinks. The Swede held a contract for the exclusive sale of Hosier cabinets in the Gallatin Valley. Unfortunately for A.J., the Hosier Cabinet Company didn't offer the porcelain dry sink until the fall of '02 and his knock-offs were outselling the Swede's Hosiers 2-1.

Just as today, if you control the grain elevator in Bozeman, you control the entire town.

Difficult to have a decent beer without good grain. That's why O'Leary had to come to Missoula so everyone could enjoy "Cold Smoke." No Bridger powder around here but we can at least drink a few every day...and this thread looks like "My mom can kick your mom's ass!"

Without a doubt. This was of course well documented in CDA's third book, The Pour Street Boys, Eyes on the Ryes (2006, Penquin Press).

Choach’s trend line, courtesy of Wikipedia:

-____________________________________________________________________________

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Marching onto 17...

In hindsight, I think our bargaining power was severely compromised by our initial demand of being paid in full with Kirkland Signature Brand Vodka (at cost).This may have been an unforseen strategic error on our part. Apparently, Costco Inc. has a strict non-barter policy for goods and services.

I'm not bitter and I'm still an enthusiastic member of the Kirkland Brand Battery of the Month Club (KBOTMC).

Sam's Club continues to make offers but we have given our publicist strict instructions, Costco, always Costco.

Costco could've made an exception, but it's all in the past.
Sam's Club gets nothing, as we've discussed. It has almost nothing to do with the fact that I'm not allowed back in Arkansas after I allegedly, with no video evidence, rode a horse into the elevator of the Capital Hotel in Little Rock. They have no respect for history, and will therefore receive no publishing rights.
Costco, always Costco.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:

Marching onto 17...

Sam's Club gets nothing, as we've discussed. It has almost nothing to do with the fact that I'm not allowed back in Arkansas after I allegedly, with no video evidence, rode a horse into the elevator of the Capital Hotel in Little Rock. They have no respect for history, and will therefore receive no publishing rights.
Costco, always Costco.

I think the real killer that night was after the alleged horse ride when that woman with the stained blue dress came forward and complained. The Arkansans truly have no respect for history or irony.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Costco, always Costco.

I think the real killer that night was after the alleged horse ride when that woman with the stained blue dress came forward and complained. The Arkansans truly have no respect for history or irony.

And there it is... now I can have a scotch, (no disrespect meant to Rye).

Edit: second scotch poured. It completely slipped my mind they it was Friday.

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Ursa Major said:

I think you brought in a good coach in Choate. I think he has brought in better talent recently. But until that translates into wins on a football field (the only true measure you can use) then it is what it is. ALMOST beating good teams doesn't count for shit....unless you're a Bobcat. Prove it on the field and I'm happy to talk. Until that happens it's the same old shit there.

bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Costco, always Costco.

And there it is... now I can have a scotch, (no disrespect meant to Rye).

Edit: second scotch poured. It completely slipped my mind they it was Friday.

Second? You bastard!

Back